LIVEWIRES PURCHASERS (NOT JUST OWNERS!) - Did you Keep? Refit? Return?...
Feb 19, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #46 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well let's keep in mind....UE customs cost an arm and a leg, and owners go through fitting issues as well. This is just what happens to customs.

Oh, yes, agreed. And perhaps because people have thrown an arm and a leg out there they have more patience to deal with any issues
wink.gif

Regardless, John Diles and the Livewires team provide excellent support to a great product at what is simply an incredible price (when compared to UE, at least
tongue.gif
).

Mar 22, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #51 of 76
Those clears look great HA.

My spares should be here soon.
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #52 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by matias m. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HeadphoneAddict those clearls looks great .
I going for a new set and I can´t deside ..all clear / all black...
the drivers are one over the other now?

It's just a funny angle for the camera. I'm sure they could get the exact same drivers side by side, or separately, but it makes no difference. So, if they did do that later it wont matter, except to make it easier to manufacture.

Mar 22, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #53 of 76
I just thought, Livewire owners with two sets can't vote a second time.

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #55 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu2x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are you guys getting 2? Did they make any changes recently ?

I wanted spares because I can't live without them, so if I take them everywhere I know I won't be in trouble if anything happens. I might want a third set too...
eek.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #56 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted spares because I can't live without them, so if I take them everywhere I know I won't be in trouble if anything happens. I might want a third set too...
eek.gif

You like them more that your other IEMs(such as E500, denon) ? Would you direct me to your impression of the Livewires? I would love to read.

Thanks

Mar 23, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #57 of 76
I returned mine because I didn't like the compromise had to make to use them with my iPhone and my requests to have the cable down with the mic was never responded to. I couldn't stand using a mic adapter cable to keep that functionality.

Mar 23, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #58 of 76
Quote:

eek.gif

Can fully understand the sentiment/concern but I'm focussing on prevantative care (after all, provided I'm out of any serious unexpected water the main risk is really only the cable) and reserving any second purchase for any future triple driver model.
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #59 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can fully understand the sentiment/concern but I'm focussing on prevantative care (after all, provided I'm out of any serious unexpected water the main risk is really only the cable) and reserving any second purchase for any future triple driver model.
wink.gif

John Diles has NEVER mentioned anything about a triple driver model. The T1 is the only model they need because it does the job right the first time. I just spoke to him a week ago, and as far as I know, there is NO plan to make a triple driver model, or sell anything other than the current formula of a dual driver system with balanced armatures - if it aint broke, don't fix it.

If you are holding out on a second pair because you hope there will be a future version, that is your perogative, but for me the prospect of having a backup of my favorite earphones is most reassuring. It lets me enjoy them that much more, instead of being afraid something will happen to them. I have a backup Edition 9 too, and an RS-2 to backup my RS-1, and a Proline 2500 to back up my HFI780, and a STAX SR-Lambda to back up my SR-Lambda Signature, and a STAX SR-5 gold to back up my other SR-5 gold, and a STAX SR-001 Mk1 to back up my Mk2, and one SRD-X to back up the first, etc. This is the full extent of my OCD, is the need for backups to enjoy the primary unit...
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #60 of 76
Quote:

John Diles has NEVER mentioned anything about a triple driver model. The T1 is the only model they need because it does the job right the first time. I just spoke to him a week ago, and as far as I know, there is NO plan to make a triple driver model, or sell anything other than the current formula of a dual driver system with balanced armatures - if it aint broke, don't fix it.

If you are holding out on a second pair because you hope there will be a future version, that is your perogative, but for me the prospect of having a backup of my favorite earphones is most reassuring. It lets me enjoy them that much more, instead of being afraid something will happen to them. I have a backup Edition 9 too, and an RS-2 to backup my RS-1, and a Proline 2500 to back up my HFI780, and a STAX SR-Lambda to back up my SR-Lambda Signature, and a STAX SR-5 gold to back up my other SR-5 gold, and a STAX SR-001 Mk1 to back up my Mk2, and one SRD-X to back up the first, etc. This is the full extent of my OCD, is the need for backups to enjoy the primary unit...
biggrin.gif

I came to the conclusion that this is why your name is HeadphoneAddict??? ^^ lol

Thanks for clearing up that their will probably not be an upgrade for the livewires and that the one now is the one that will stay. As you said if its not broken don't fix it
biggrin.gif

with all of these "backup pairs" of headphones, why don't you just get UE's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back