LIVEWIRES PURCHASERS (NOT JUST OWNERS!) - Did you Keep? Refit? Return?...
Feb 17, 2008 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

webbie64

Headphoneus Supremus
...Let's get an idea on this. To address the various discussions that emerge regarding potential fit issues, etc for those ordering Livewires I have proposed this thread over at the http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/liv...3/#post3817531 Thread - and now it's here ready for you Livewires purchasers to respond to.

Let's find out how many of us keep them, whether that be straight out of the box or after refits or a settling time, and, of course, whether anybody returned them (it'd be great to see what stories emerge in addition to the statistics).

Me first - I have to vote 'b' and 'c' because my Livewires did require rework and the reworked ones did take a few weeks before they were snug and comfortable in my ears. But they remain with me - sadly no 'a' vote for me but also, more importantly, no 'd' vote either!
biggrin.gif
Lovin' my Livewires
biggrin.gif

How about you?

Feb 17, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 76
I'm half way between B and C, my right ear could probably do with a refit, but i procrastinate too much and i don't want to be without them for x number of weeks
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 76
They were A1 from Day1.
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 76
That's interesting. The two that chose 'd', haven't posted to give a reason why they sent them back for a refund. It would be helpful to all of us to hear why.
cool.gif

Feb 17, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's interesting. The two that chose 'd', haven't posted to give a reason why they sent them back for a refund. It would be helpful to all of us to hear why.
cool.gif

No doubt,as my wife and I are seriously considering a pair each,we want to know.

I hate it,when folks done post the why's and just vote in the poll.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #8 of 76
I haven't seen anyone, anywhere, post that they sent them back for a refund. I'm not saying that people haven't, but from my own observations on Livewire threads in this forum, they must be as rare as hen's teeth.

That makes me surprised to see two "d" votes.

Feb 18, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #10 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen anyone, anywhere, post that they sent them back for a refund. I'm not saying that people haven't, but from my own observations on Livewire threads in this forum, they must be as rare as hen's teeth.

That makes me surprised to see two "d" votes.

I'm not surprised to see "d" votes. As I suggested in the http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/liv...3/#post3817531 thread, I figure some people don't want to progress through what they might perceive as the 'hassle' of rework. That's a guess only but it seems to me to be the most likely cause (all other things being equal).

I left the poll anonymous partly to ensure that anyone who votes in it wasn't followed-up for their reasons/experiences - that sharing experiences was a personal choice (it's a shame people can't share their experiences anonymously as I too would be interested in confirming my assumptions.
wink.gif
).

Feb 18, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #11 of 76
C -vote for me. I had fit and comfort issues as well as some audio issues the first time around. I think the audio issues were due to the fit not being right.

Now after the re-fit, things could not be better. They fit like a champ and sound great!

Feb 18, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #12 of 76
I went to an audiologist that had a clue what they were doing. I had reasonable expectations, had the right equipment. If you lack in one of these areas you will be disappointed.

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #14 of 76
A "D" vote from me. I loved the sound, but I had some major fit issues with my pair that, even after two adjustments, still couldn't be resolved. I had them in my possession for 5 days out of almost 30. The turnaround time for the adjustments was what eventually made me go ahead and claim the return. I can't entirely fault the company for this. I know for a fact I have very finicky ears. It took me over two years to finally find an IEM that sounded great AND and was comfortable to wear. Had I not found the q-JAYS I would have tried the Livewire again with my tax money this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back