LIVEWIRES PURCHASERS (NOT JUST OWNERS!) - Did you Keep? Refit? Return?...
Feb 18, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #31 of 76
I just did the math and the poll is now at 125%.
confused.gif

At least it's getting closer to 100%.
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #32 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just did the math and the poll is now at 125%.
confused.gif

At least it's getting closer to 100%.
biggrin.gif

Not every poll adds up to 100%.

Read the thread. Spend more time reading (digesting) and less time posting reactively.
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #33 of 76
Now, having said that, I will post the way it works (which is a little more complex than I explained yesterday).

Items a, b and d are to do with keepiong/not keeping. I total these add up to just over 90% at the moment (which means 10% of voters did not select any of these three items, meaning they are yet to decide).

Item c is about how many have needed rework.

So at the moment we have:
38.10% who had a positive experience from the start (and we are presuming kept them as a result - I posted yesterday that, yes, this should have been clearly stated, rather than just implied).
28.57% have required settling time and kept them
23.81% have returned them within 30 days

33.33% have required rework.

It is possible to multi-select because of the potential experience, like mine, of needing to return them and then having settling time.

I'm surprised the return rate is still relatively high but the rework-required rate is probably fairly indicative of the nature of personalised items.

It's also a good reinforcement that for a reasonable number of new users there is the need to allow for them to settle (your ears to adjust around them). Good info for those considering purchasing.

Looking forward to further entries.
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #36 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There should an option: "I don't like them much but kept them anyway." I doubt everyone who kept them actually likes them.

Why would they keep them if there is a 30 day return policy? That option doesn't make sense to me.

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #37 of 76
Quote:

There should an option: "I don't like them much but kept them anyway." I doubt everyone who kept them actually likes them.

Fair enough point.

However the poll was created basically to address who was returning them, who was keeping them (there was the assumption someone would keep them because they liked them, considering there were 30 Days in which to return them), and who had refit/settling issues.

No poll is perfect, or covers all options, and I appreciate you sharing that there are owners out there who kept them despite not liking them.
eek.gif
(thinks, who can afford $249 sitting around in something they don't like?)

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #38 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not every poll adds up to 100%.

Read the thread. Spend more time reading (digesting) and less time posting reactively.
wink.gif

I overlooked the one post that explains it all.
redface.gif

Oh, and it wasn't an entirely reactive post. I did do a little math beforehand.
tongue.gif
It's still strange to see one that goes over 100% though.

Feb 19, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #39 of 76
Quote:

You mean like keeping your FreQ's when they drive you crazy? So what did you vote powertoold?

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #41 of 76
I'm really happy with my Livewires now, their sound is very fun and more than adequate for a portable rig to me, and I often use it in bed too when the isolation and small size comes in handy.

I'm glad I sat through the multiple remakes.

Feb 19, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #42 of 76
Quote:

Surely there must be more than only 27 HeadFi Livewires purchasers?

actually that sounds about right. There aren't too many livewires owners on these forums.

Feb 19, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #43 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean like keeping your FreQ's when they drive you crazy? So what did you vote powertoold?

That's what I meant
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't like IEMs as I do headphones (just purely because of the ringing issue I've ranted about), but I have to keep one for portable use or when I need isolation. If my FreQs didn't have the ringing problem (that no one else seems to hear), then I'd love them to death.

No, I didn't vote
rolleyes.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #44 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually that sounds about right. There aren't too many livewires owners on these forums.

So, 27 of us purchased them.

20 of us kept them, 11 without any need for rework or settling time.

6 of us returned them (leaving 1 still undecided ATM).

And, overall, 9 of us have had to deal with the rework issue, regardless of whether we did or didn't keep them in the end.

Different percentages to what I might have guessed. Would have thought there were less returns, particularly with the efforts of the Livewires team to work with the purchaser to get to a successful fit (even considering my previous comments regarding some people not having the patience for that).

Rework stats are probably about right (though I would have hoped for lower, the reality is they are personalised items
rolleyes.gif
). Same with settling time.

All in all I'd say this has been a worthwhile exrecise. Thanks to all who have contributed (and don't hesitate to contribute further if you find this poll after this post. It'd be good for it to keep being added to as more people make decisions (in the end) on their Livewires (e.g. FMT
biggrin.gif
)).

Feb 19, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #45 of 76
Quote:

So, 27 of us purchased them.

20 of us kept them, 11 without any need for rework or settling time.

6 of us returned them (leaving 1 still undecided ATM).

And, overall, 9 of us have had to deal with the rework issue, regardless of whether we did or didn't keep them in the end.

Different percentages to what I might have guessed. Would have thought there were less returns, particularly with the efforts of the Livewires team to work with the purchaser to get to a successful fit (even considering my previous comments regarding some people not having the patience for that).

Rework stats are probably about right (though I would have hoped for lower, the reality is they are personalised items
rolleyes.gif
). Same with settling time.

All in all I'd say this has been a worthwhile exrecise. Thanks to all who have contributed (and don't hesitate to contribute further if you find this poll after this post. It'd be good for it to keep being added to as more people make decisions (in the end) on their Livewires (e.g. FMT
biggrin.gif
)).

Well let's keep in mind....UE customs cost an arm and a leg, and owners go through fitting issues as well. This is just what happens to customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back