Livewires - California Dreamin'
Dec 10, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #271 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by aych /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yah! livewires for me. waiting upon their shipment. hoping they'll arrive by the end of the week!!

Lucky you. I still to have make get my ears cleaned and first then can I get my impressions. Hopefully I will have my impressions on Monday though.

Finger crossed.

Dec 10, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #272 of 3,902
Quote:

yah! livewires for me. waiting upon their shipment. hoping they'll arrive by the end of the week!!

Congrats! post your thoughts when they arrive.
cool.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #276 of 3,902
Those clear on clears look pretty svelt.

I went with black outties + Red right and blue left innies. They definitely get attention.

Dec 11, 2007 at 10:09 AM Post #277 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Fidelity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those clear on clears look pretty svelt.

I went with black outties + Red right and blue left innies. They definitely get attention.

Same as mine
biggrin.gif

Seems to be the most popular choice.

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #279 of 3,902
Quote:

I definetly went red and blue innies. but I went clear outties =P we'll see how they look.

only thing is I think the colour bleeds in to the clear a little, can't find a good pic though

Dec 12, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #281 of 3,902
Guys has anyone else encountered a few problems with tempreature and fit? It's getting really cold here, and in the mornings I struggle to get the right ear in (the one that fits well usually) its so tight, that my ear is really sore after getting them in, if I manage that is. Apart from putting them in before I get cold
biggrin.gif
do you suggest something to try and stop this? What is a good way of warming your inner ear haha?

My left ear is fine even in the cold, as the fit is not 100% right (but kind of glad, I would end up with sore ears in cold weather for both if they fitted the same).

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #282 of 3,902
Quote:

Guys has anyone else encountered a few problems with tempreature and fit? It's getting really cold here, and in the mornings I struggle to get the right ear in (the one that fits well usually) its so tight, that my ear is really sore after getting them in, if I manage that is. Apart from putting them in before I get cold do you suggest something to try and stop this? What is a good way of warming your inner ear haha?

My left ear is fine even in the cold, as the fit is not 100% right (but kind of glad, I would end up with sore ears in cold weather for both if they fitted the same).

You let your livewires get cold?

is this like driving a ferrari in the snow?

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #283 of 3,902
Can anyone who owns an iBasso P2/T2 or a Mini^3 paired with the Livewires comment on SQ and sonic characteristics? Is it even worth amping the Livewires? I have a set on the way, clear with black face plate with blacked out connectors. I'll be using it with a 5.5g 30GB iPod video with an LOD. I'm thinking of pairing it with one of the above amps. What I hope to get out of it are lush mids and punchy bass. My music library is fairly diverse, from Sade to DJ Tiesto.

thanks

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #284 of 3,902
Oya it definetly worth amping. my livewires are driven by my Tomahawk which besides sounding awesome, its completely hiss/hum free.

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #285 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmrv12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone who owns an iBasso P2/T2 or a Mini^3 paired with the Livewires comment on SQ and sonic characteristics? Is it even worth amping the Livewires? I have a set on the way, clear with black face plate with blacked out connectors. I'll be using it with a 5.5g 30GB iPod video with an LOD. I'm thinking of pairing it with one of the above amps. What I hope to get out of it are lush mids and punchy bass. My music library is fairly diverse, from Sade to DJ Tiesto.

thanks

I use my Livewires amped a lot of the time - mainly because I don't listen to the headphone out of any of my ipods as much as I listen thru a line-out-dock. I got my P2 today, but I'm going out of town till Sunday so I'll let it run for 100 hours before my next listen. The amp sounds nice right out of the box.

The LW do well with ALL of my amps in my sig, especially the Headsix and a modified D1 (all new opamps).

My only issue with P2 is a small amount of hum when plugged into the particular AC socket that it's temporarily plugged into for burn-in, where computers and stuff mess with everything (I count 11 things plugged in here to three power strips).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back