Livewires - California Dreamin'
Dec 5, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #256 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
look what the postman just dropped off:

SS850001-3.jpg

SS850003-1.jpg

SS850004-1.jpg

Very impressive, the inner liner is made from a soft rubber so it will them them safe till the foam turns up.

My case arrived this morning. Lovely job, pity about the Peli badge though, they should have placed it on the bottom of the case.

Dec 5, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #257 of 3,902
Ahhh! I'm told my Livewires have finally been shipped, so hopefully transit time from CA to NYC won't be too bad. I can't wait.

Dec 5, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #259 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My case arrived this morning. Lovely job, pity about the Peli badge though, they should have placed it on the bottom of the case.

COOL.

Did you get any foam with yours?

Dec 5, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #260 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
COOL.

Did you get any foam with yours?

No, I didn't order the foam, I thought I'd wait to see what the fit was like first.

I don't think I will either, I can put everything into the case quickly without having to fumble around. That suits me when I'm in a hurry.

Dec 5, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #261 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by msfarley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhh! I'm told my Livewires have finally been shipped, so hopefully transit time from CA to NYC won't be too bad. I can't wait.

Great! Don't forget to post when you get them.
cool.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #262 of 3,902
Finally got them! It's exactly six weeks to the day that my impressions arrived at Earpeace, and so far I have to say it was definitely worth the wait.

I love the way they are made with the detachable cable. That is very slick. Mine came with the gold plated connectors, not sure if I like them yet, i might have to try the un-bling mod. It's cool how you can see both of the drivers pointing down its own tube. Do you think that makes a difference, having the sound mixed in your ear instead of the iem?

It takes some getting used to getting them in and out, but once you get them seated right they really disappear and you can hardly tell they are there. I found that the removal trick with pressing twice on the bottom of your ear works pretty well and it works better if i pull the top of my ear up.

I listened to them directly from my ipod touch and also through the minibox-e+. Some people have said how sensitive they are but i don't find them to be any more sensitive than my SE530's. I find that I am listening to them at the same volume setting. Another thing some people have mentioned is that these have a lot of noise when paired with a bad source. I didn't find much noise or hiss from my ipod touch. Maybe it helps that it is a flash drive and not a hard drive? I'm not sure exactly what the issue was with some of the older ipods. Luckily, all of my CD's from the past year or so are ripped in apple lossless, so that is not an issue either.

So how do they sound? I think they sound great! They seem very accurate, especially the mids and highs...but the low end seems a little flat compared to the SE530's. Not as much impact in the bass. Some people have found a good balance of EQ for this, right? Unfortunately there is not much flexibility on adjusting the EQ on the ipod touch. maybe i can rockbox my old ipod video and experiment with that. anyone have some good settings they want to share?

Anyway, those are my first impressions. They are very very cool and a great value considering you could drop $500 on SE530s and 3-4x on other customs.

Dec 7, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #263 of 3,902
Quote:

Finally got them! It's exactly six weeks to the day that my impressions arrived at Earpeace, and so far I have to say it was definitely worth the wait.

I love the way they are made with the detachable cable. That is very slick. Mine came with the gold plated connectors, not sure if I like them yet, i might have to try the un-bling mod. It's cool how you can see both of the drivers pointing down its own tube. Do you think that makes a difference, having the sound mixed in your ear instead of the iem?

It takes some getting used to getting them in and out, but once you get them seated right they really disappear and you can hardly tell they are there. I found that the removal trick with pressing twice on the bottom of your ear works pretty well and it works better if i pull the top of my ear up.

I listened to them directly from my ipod touch and also through the minibox-e+. Some people have said how sensitive they are but i don't find them to be any more sensitive than my SE530's. I find that I am listening to them at the same volume setting. Another thing some people have mentioned is that these have a lot of noise when paired with a bad source. I didn't find much noise or hiss from my ipod touch. Maybe it helps that it is a flash drive and not a hard drive? I'm not sure exactly what the issue was with some of the older ipods. Luckily, all of my CD's from the past year or so are ripped in apple lossless, so that is not an issue either.

So how do they sound? I think they sound great! They seem very accurate, especially the mids and highs...but the low end seems a little flat compared to the SE530's. Not as much impact in the bass. Some people have found a good balance of EQ for this, right? Unfortunately there is not much flexibility on adjusting the EQ on the ipod touch. maybe i can rockbox my old ipod video and experiment with that. anyone have some good settings they want to share?

Anyway, those are my first impressions. They are very very cool and a great value considering you could drop $500 on SE530s and 3-4x on other customs.

Welcome to the Family!

There is quality bass a plenty, but you do need to tweak the EQ, depending on the dap you use.

Also burning in will make a difference, SQ improves over time. Try this combo: Pink Noise + Fry Baby

Dec 7, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #264 of 3,902
Quote:

...but the low end seems a little flat compared to the SE530's. Not as much impact in the bass. Some people have found a good balance of EQ for this, right?

My experience is that they'll consistently show what they are recieving. So I find the RSA Hornet provides them with a warmer, fatter bass than the Mini 3, though both have plenty of bass for me.

I know what you mean in terms of the fatter SE530 bass. I'd suggest it's an equipment synergy issue as much as anything. EQing will help ATM but you might also look for alternate amp opportunities and check out what they sound like through different equipment (e.g. do you have a home stereo or alternate sources to try them with?)

Dec 7, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #265 of 3,902
Hm, would somebody that owns a pair of clear LW be so kind and post a picture of them "in ear"?

Why? Well, you would help me decide on going for clear+clear or black+red&blue
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #266 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm, would somebody that owns a pair of clear LW be so kind and post a picture of them "in ear"?

Why? Well, you would help me decide on going for clear+clear or black+red&blue
smily_headphones1.gif

lefta.jpg

Dec 7, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #267 of 3,902
Wow, that was fast, thank you!

Those clears sure do look nice! This will be a very hard decision..
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #268 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that was fast, thank you!

Those clears sure do look nice! This will be a very hard decision..
smily_headphones1.gif

I know, you could buy two pairs!

Dec 7, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #269 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know, you could buy two pairs!

Oh no, don't even try to plant that idea in my head!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back