Livewires - California Dreamin'
Dec 3, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #241 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by msfarley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still waiting on mine too. They received my impressions on October 26th and quoted a 3 week turnaround time. Going on 5 1/2 weeks now and still no Livewires, but they promise me they will be out soon.

I am impatient with my toys!!!

I know just how you feel!

The wait is worthwhile though, custom made = each one hand made for your ears only!
wink.gif

Post your thoughts here when they arrive.
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #242 of 3,902
What colour combo have you guys chosen?

Dec 3, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #243 of 3,902
Red with clear faceplate. Looking forward to seeing how they sound compared to the SE530's. You are right that it is worth the wait for the cool factor of customs.

Dec 3, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #244 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by msfarley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Red with clear faceplate. Looking forward to seeing how they sound compared to the SE530's. You are right that it is worth the wait for the cool factor of customs.

After you've listened through them, you'll realise the cool factor is just the bonus.
cool.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #245 of 3,902
Hmmm, they do look very cool. The website says $250, thats £125 ... the same price as Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 Pro's (which i have) .... im starting to get ideas.

Is there much difference in SQ?

Dec 3, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #246 of 3,902
Waiting on a pair of clears with black faceplates myself. Had my impressions done at the LiveWire office in Castro Valley almost 3 weeks ago, and I am excited to get the call.

I am going to have the benefit of picking them up in person to give them a trial run to be sure that the fit is right.

Will keep you all posted!

RIDE

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #247 of 3,902
I got a reply from Livewires today, apolagizing for the delay on my order and they said they would give their lab a call for my iem
cool.gif

Mine should be blue with a brown faceplate
tongue.gif
Really looking forward to them.

Btw: What would you guys advice me to use as a mixing device? I just need to mix three channels: Monitormix, clicktrack, samples. Only need volume. Maybe a little EQ would be nice too.

Thanks!

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #248 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Waiting on a pair of clears with black faceplates myself. Had my impressions done at the LiveWire office in Castro Valley almost 3 weeks ago, and I am excited to get the call.

I am going to have the benefit of picking them up in person to give them a trial run to be sure that the fit is right.

Will keep you all posted!

RIDE

Congrats!

I'm almost tempted to buy another pair with black faceplate, if I can come up with a good excuse for my wife.

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #249 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, they do look very cool. The website says $250, thats £125 ... the same price as Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 Pro's (which i have) .... im starting to get ideas.

I'm sure I've read someone's comparison somewhere, but I have to say for £125 smackers, custom Livewires are a bargain.

Dec 3, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #250 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are similar to the Super.fi 5 pro sound signature, but a little smoother with less edge to the mids and treble, and with a wider sound stage. Good bass too. I you like the SF 5 pro, you'll like the LW's.

The only people I can think of who WONT like Livewires are the ones who ONLY like SE530 or Atrio or CX300, and hate Etymotics/Super.fi 5 pro/qJAYS or any other well balanced earphone. My Livewires also remind me a little of my Ety ER6i but with more bass and less edge to them as well.

The Livewires ARE picky about sound source, and they reveal the flaws in a poor recording or ripped MP3. Likewise, with a really good CD or lossless file on iRiver with optical out to my DAC and a good amp, they breath life into the music and put you there in the venue. They kinda remind me of my vintage STAX Lambda's as well in that sense.

I kept the Denon C700 and SE530 just for times when I need an earphone to smooth out the rough edges of a lower quality source. If I had to pick between the three, it's Livewires first, C700 second, and SE530 in third - yet third doesn't mean bad, third is great, just not fantastic or phenomenal.

Dec 4, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #251 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What colour combo have you guys chosen?

I went with the classic/common (delete as appropriate depending on your point of view
wink.gif
) red and blue with black faceplates. I thought they won't be THAT common over in the UK and whilst I thought about clear I had that with my Shure E5s and it is kind of "medical" to some people. Multi coloured also reinforces that they are bespoke I guess.

I asked about black connectors but have had no reply. I have also asked for me phone no to be inserted instead of the serial no.

Dec 4, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #252 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaunty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went with the classic/common (delete as appropriate depending on your point of view
wink.gif
) red and blue with black faceplates. I thought they won't be THAT common over in the UK and whilst I thought about clear I had that with my Shure E5s and it is kind of "medical" to some people. Multi coloured also reinforces that they are bespoke I guess.

I asked about black connectors but have had no reply. I have also asked for me phone no to be inserted instead of the serial no.

Black definitely won't be common in the UK, although it has a little hint of "security/men in black" sort of look about it! The clear faceplates still remind me of hearing aids though.

Good idea about inserting your mobile no in case you ever lose them.

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #254 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The clear faceplates still remind me of hearing aids though.

Fine by me, maybe that way people won't try to stop me in the street with a clipboard, although i won't hear them anyway :p

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #255 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fine by me, maybe that way people won't try to stop me in the street with a clipboard, although i won't hear them anyway :p

Haha!
biggrin.gif

In fact you have an excuse to totally ignore everyone.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back