Livewires - California Dreamin'
Dec 14, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #301 of 3,902
Dec 28th? What. Mine took 6 weeks.

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #302 of 3,902
I am a little supprised with you getting a date of December 28th.

They recieved my impressions on 20 November. I have heard nothing back since, reading on here this is quite common so I've not been worrying. I emailed them yesterday 13 December to let them know I am finishing work this week for Christmas and won't be in the office while mid January so I want to change my shipping address if they are sent out in this period. I also asked for a estimated dispatach date.

So far still waiting for a reply.

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #303 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you thought about the cable upgrade for them?

Not yet, if anything I need a source upgrade. The Kenwood Media Keg is looking pretty good.

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #304 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you thought about the cable upgrade for them?

The only reason I can find to upgrade the cable is aesthetics. Everything sounds really good right out of the box.

Better after a bit of burnin.

Dec 14, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #305 of 3,902
I'm hopefully getting mine within 2 weeks. I'll post my impressions on another cable when I get them burnt in, hopefully before the new years. Think its worthwhile to document the recable and sonic differences?

Dec 14, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #306 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by aych /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm hopefully getting mine within 2 weeks. I'll post my impressions on another cable when I get them burnt in, hopefully before the new years. Think its worthwhile to document the recable and sonic differences?

Definately, if your lookin to sell some
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #308 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by aych /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'll get my livewires monday ^_^

good fer u. im sure u'll love it like i do mine. its been about 3weeks into my Livewire "trip" and im lovin it. beside the fit/removal learning curve (&the accompanying sore ears), i found my Livewires supremely balanced but just a mite grainy and bass tipped initially. all that sorted itself out and now im totally enjoying it on all genres from Electronica (Massive Attack) to classic Metal (Metallica) to Jazz (John Mayall) to vocals (Allison Moyet). mids arnt as forward as i'd like but OTOH soundstage esp. hall/room accoutics are rendered splendidly. plus the fact that i can now listen for a few hours at a stretch - something i cant say about my ex mod iM716 which the livewires supercedes in SQ.

on another note, since this thread is rapidly becoming the main Livewire discussion resource, i recommend Kosmic amend the title and we turn this into THE OFFICIAL LIVEWIRE owners/discussion thread. what say u Kosmic dude??

Dec 15, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #309 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by msfarley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dec 28th? What. Mine took 6 weeks.

I dunno...that's what the guy said on the phone. I don't really know who that guy was or if he was really in the position to tell me that. Like I said...I think his name was Art. Definitely wasn't John (Diles) or Earl (Neal)...all I got was the first name. I mean I guess it could have been Earl but my hearing isn't that bad, I hope
eek.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #310 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottiebabie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

on another note, since this thread is rapidly becoming the main Livewire discussion resource, i recommend Kosmic amend the title and we turn this into THE OFFICIAL LIVEWIRE owners/discussion thread. what say u Kosmic dude??

Ooh, ahh.....I don't know, I don't think I can make a decision like that alone.

I'm happy for the Livewire family to use this thread, and make the decision together, if you feel this thread needs a title change.

Dec 16, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #311 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh, ahh.....I don't know, I don't think I can make a decision like that alone.

I'm happy for the Livewire family to use this thread, and make the decision together, if you feel this thread needs a title change.

if it aint broke....
wink.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #312 of 3,902
Hi, I know this is not the place to be asking, but how do I start a new thread with a title of my choice?

Thanks
Steph

Dec 16, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #313 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I know this is not the place to be asking, but how do I start a new thread with a title of my choice?

Thanks
Steph

Go to the page where these threads are posted and bottom left you'll see new thread button. Press that and away you go!

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #314 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go to the page where these threads are posted and bottom left you'll see new thread button. Press that and away you go!

Sorry about this, but I still can't find it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back