Livewires - California Dreamin'
Mar 23, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #1,321 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just switched the Headsix to low gain while the dead battery on the D2 charges.

OMG. I am so sorry for previously saying the LW didn't work well with the Headsix. I am playing an apple lossless of Jazz at the Pawnshop via 3G nano and S2 Audio silver plated copper LOD into Headsix in low gain, and it sounds like they were made for each other
redface.gif

I agree they work quite well together but I also thought the Headsix was a tad bright. But I was using my usual silver mini-2-mini (for consistency when comparing amps) and perhaps your silver plated copper LOD is providing a better synergy to address that point.

Mar 23, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #1,322 of 3,902
At headphoneaddict: How do the livewires sound coming out of the D2? No amp? I am gettin a D2 soon and am considering the livewires

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #1,323 of 3,902
Err.... I think headphoneaddict's D2 isn't Cowon D2 player but a headphone amp recently produced by Ibasso.
I got one of these, too. Livewires is doing very great with my Ibasso D2, with a totally black noise background, deep waving but not suppressing bass, engaging mid-range vocals with emotions and clear but not piercing trebles.

It is wonderful.

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #1,324 of 3,902
Guys, how did you pay this phones with ? I am thinking about sending them a check but afraid if it will take more time to finish the phones. Anyone paid with a check ?

I am kinda worried telling my CC info to a person(even worse, putting my cc info on that order form). I prefer using an automatic system.

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #1,325 of 3,902
Please excuse me for not reading through 133 complete pages of this thread, but I have a couple of quick questions.

What is the impedance of LiveWires? How would they sound straight out of an ipod? (just for portability purposes)

About how much does it cost to get an imprint of your ears?

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #1,326 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu2x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, how did you pay this phones with ? I am thinking about sending them a check but afraid if it will take more time to finish the phones. Anyone paid with a check ?

I am kinda worried telling my CC info to a person(even worse, putting my cc info on that order form). I prefer using an automatic system.

PayPal works well. PayPal

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #1,327 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PayPal works well. PayPal

I hate PayPal
biggrin.gif
and I believe there are fees for using Paypal.

Anyway, everyone else used Paypal ? It takes 3 days to get verified.

Or, is it safe to tell them my CC info ?

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #1,328 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by texashorn91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please excuse me for not reading through 133 complete pages of this thread, but I have a couple of quick questions.

What is the impedance of LiveWires? How would they sound straight out of an ipod? (just for portability purposes)

Impedance is not measured but in my estimation, it's about
19~22 ohm. They are also very sensitive, at lease Livewires
should got the sensibility about 120 SPL/mW.

From above, there would be quite some noise strait out from your iPod. iPod's SN ratio is not high enough to serve this high sensitivity, but iPod would drive the Livewires pretty loud.

Imprint (ear impression) costs varies from place to place.
I got mine for free but most place it costs some.
$50 would be a fair charge.

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #1,330 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by texashorn91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The livewires will have some hiss out of an ipod (varies by ipod).
I had my ear impressions done for 25 dollars up to 50 is a fair price.
The impedance is 22 ohms.
They are quite sensitive.
The static drives some people nuts and some dont mind it at all.

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #1,332 of 3,902
I have heard that ipods hiss when paused, but once played they are fine.

Impedance is 22 ohms, pretty low so they are easily driven.

Impressions for me costed $50 for both and they got messed up (in 1 ear) and my audiologist let me come back and re-do them for free

I paid with CC over the phone because I was a little uneasy sending my CC info on a sheet. It isn't all that safe doing it automated online either though. Just call in and they will take care of you. You can trust the people that are their they aren't going to do anything lol.

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #1,333 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard that ipods hiss when paused, but once played they are fine.

Impedance is 22 ohms, pretty low so they are easily driven.

Impressions for me costed $50 for both and they got messed up (in 1 ear) and my audiologist let me come back and re-do them for free

I paid with CC over the phone because I was a little uneasy sending my CC info on a sheet. It isn't all that safe doing it automated online either though. Just call in and they will take care of you. You can trust the people that are their they aren't going to do anything lol.

Did you ship the impressions first or paid first ?

Also, do I need to do both open and closed impressions or either one ?

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #1,334 of 3,902
at yu2x:either one.edit (as far as impressions)
most people say to use the ultimate ears impressions instructions because you will generally get a seal that stays.. if you need them i can email them too you just pm my.

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #1,335 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by jolness /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at yu2x:either one.edit (as far as impressions)
most people say to use the ultimate ears impressions instructions because you will generally get a seal that stays.. if you need them i can email them too you just pm my.

Thanks, it is fine. I just found them on the UE website
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back