Livewires - California Dreamin'
Mar 22, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #1,307 of 3,902
No way, just one?! If I won the lottery, I'd buy one UE11 for every color of the rainbow
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I think I figured out the cause of the resonant ringing. The canal diameter and opening influences whether or not you get it. Since LiveWires and UEs have larger sound nozzles than FreQs, they may not have as much resonant ringing.

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #1,308 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about sell everything you have, including your clothes for some UE11s
biggrin.gif

That made me laugh!
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #1,311 of 3,902
^lol forget that...

i just watched the Ultimate Ears Customization parts 1 and 2
biggrin.gif

Livewires are a start... lol

Mar 22, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #1,312 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man how many members here are getting two pairs now?

Quite a few by the looks of it.

I might hold off for the updated version before ordering my second pair though.

Mar 22, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #1,313 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite a few by the looks of it.

I might hold off for the updated version before ordering my second pair though.

is their supposed to be an updated version coming soon?

Mar 22, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #1,315 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it will sound any different with the two drivers mounted together (attached side-by-side) or separate, they are the same Knowles drivers inside. And, I don't know that a decision to do that has been made, although it should make manufacturing easier. Shure does this with their double and triple drivers. Livewires/Earpeace will do whatever they need to do to speed up production capability and expand, WITHOUT sacrificing sound quality or build quality. Of that I am sure.

Maybe they did it for easier phase alignment?

And yea it should make them a bit easier to produce as well.

Mar 22, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #1,316 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All this talk of extra sets is making me consider ordering a pair as well, one for home and one for work
biggrin.gif

Do they keep your impressions on file to use for the second set?

They do, unless you ask for them back. I had mine returned originally, because I was going to use them for some custom sensaphonics tips for my SE530.

But I re-did the impressions because of the fit issues on my first set of LIVEWIRES, then I sent those to get the LW re-done and I never used the first impressions for anything else again. I asked LW to return the second impressions, so I could still make custom tips for my SE530.

But, I found out Westone was going to cut them up to make the canal part of the custom tips. So, before they came back I made a third set for Westone, so they could cut them up to do the custom tips for my SE530 (was going to use sensaphonics for custom 530 molds, but the Westone tips could be used with any small nozzle Shure or Westone).

So, I had to send back the 2nd impressions to make my LW spare set, and I should have just had them keep them and save the shipping.

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #1,317 of 3,902
I've spent the whole evening listening to my Livewires via my iBasso D2, which I rolled in some new opamps.

I put the LM6172 in the main amp socket, and a THS4032 in the second one. WOW! I gotta tell HiFlight about this combo asap! I ran the battery down, so I have to take a break now. NOT! Gotta go find that wallwart and run it over to the laptop...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #1,318 of 3,902
I just switched the Headsix to low gain while the dead battery on the D2 charges.

OMG. I am so sorry for previously saying the LW didn't work well with the Headsix. I am playing an apple lossless of Jazz at the Pawnshop via 3G nano and S2 Audio silver plated copper LOD into Headsix in low gain, and it sounds like they were made for each other
redface.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #1,319 of 3,902
Better than the SMIII?

I have one on loan ready for my livewires, and hopefully if i like it, and it even improes my lossy files, i will buy it. I havnt tried its bass boost with my ety's yet as the batts havnt arrived.

I will sell my er6i's to add some cash for it, and maybe in the future buy a pair again as a buckup pair for the LW's, as SM3 Bass boost with ety is great apparantly. Oh well, i cant have both...now.

If i dont buy the amp and sell the etys to my friend for £45, i have made £20 profit, and that means Head-fi will have only cost me £2, and that includes the Livewires, which have cost me £22 so far, depending on tax!

Looking foward to them.

matt

Mar 23, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #1,320 of 3,902
ugg you guys keep talking about amps and you are making me want one even though I don't have the money and I told myself the livewires would be my last purchase for a while. Right now I don't think its worth it for me and I will just enjoy my headphones as they are. Maybe in the future if I want to treat myself.

I would get an amp, but the livewires are the only headphones I will own, so its a little pointless.

Anyone who lives in U.S willing to loan me an amp and LOD??? I'll pay shipping/take good care. I just want to see if the sound quality/change is worth the extra without paying the big bucks up front, if anyone could help out that would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back