Livewires - California Dreamin'
Feb 20, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #872 of 3,902
Once again I am not absolutely sure when or even if these changes are going to happen with LiveWires. And as I always do, don't take too much credence in what someone post on the Internet

Ace

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #873 of 3,902
My impressions will be on their way tomorrow, so i wont be far behind
biggrin.gif

How long do you think they will be? I have around 5weeks until my next school holiday. I will be going to our place in france, which is where i had my audio epiphany, "CX300's are too bloated in the bass sector!" so i will be, again, doing tons of listening, earphones wireddown my back all day! So i will be able to really channel into music without a tv in this 300yr old place. I also just bought myself a laptop, so i will be taking that, and leaving the pc at home,and a digital camera at xmas as i wanna get into photography, so what does that mean? A review and lots of good (i hope) pictures, which i will have time to try and perfect!

Matt

Feb 21, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #876 of 3,902
WhayHay! Got them done.

My audiologist did two, one open mouthed, and one relaxed mouth.

I had to open and close my jaw to remove both, although one is fully open and one is relaxed.

I cant see a huge difference, although i have photo'd them the wrong way round :p.

Just a quick picture, to follow in Kosmics footsteps! They are separatley bagged, so i cant get them mixed up!

Felt really funny! And the cotton plug goes in far further (2nd bend) than i have ever put my ER6i's!

P2210062.jpg

Now i gotta send em off in a little box, if i can find one. Dont want them to get broken now, although they are pretty unbreakable, and last for 6 weeks+!

Im thinking about being different, and going blue(sky) and dark see-thru blue. Or i will be boring and go blue/red/black. I may get them to paint my connectors black, although the job they do didnt look good, and may affect my attempt to finish the job?

Has anyone seen the outer red? I was thinking clear/sky blue/red but the blue isnt very left/righty, if you see what i mean!

Matt

Feb 21, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #877 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WhayHay! Got them done.

My audiologist did two, one open mouthed, and one relaxed mouth.

I had to open and close my jaw to remove both, although one is fully open and one is relaxed.

I cant see a huge difference, although i have photo'd them the wrong way round :p.

Matt

Now you're on your way! Your audiologist should have given you a box for them. Out of interest, which out of the two sets of impressions looks to have more body in the canal part, or do they look the same?

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #879 of 3,902
Oh, i dont know really now. I have packaged them up to be sent off!

P2210063.jpg

I put them in an empty 10 pack dual layer dvd cake box. Hard, light and thin. Got both sets in there. Then i stuffed it in a jiffy bag with the form. Wrote a little note to JD, basically a thankyou for them (complimentary!)

Cant wait to try them. From what i have read they sound exactly like i like. Perfect even!

Matt

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #880 of 3,902
hey! guys! i've just recieved my LiveWires today! i'm so happy right now...and excited!
i'll post the pictures up later when i learn "how" to do so...since i'm new to using Forums.
by the way, is it normal to hear ur own footsteps and heartbeat? while having the IEM in ur ears? (i've got the cable over the ears)

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #881 of 3,902
Footsteps and heartbeat are internal noises, you will hear them, along with chewing. Sometimes when you burp you might feel the volume spike up because the ear canals have a spasm or something.

Look forward to your pictures and reviews. Let me know how the fit
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, anyone here using or used LiveWires with iPod touch?

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #882 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey! guys! i've just recieved my LiveWires today! i'm so happy right now...and excited!
i'll post the pictures up later when i learn "how" to do so...since i'm new to using Forums.
by the way, is it normal to hear ur own footsteps and heartbeat? while having the IEM in ur ears? (i've got the cable over the ears)

Congrats!! Let use know how it goes, and your initial impressions!!

Pics - you can sign up for imageshack or photobucket to host your pictures. Just upload on to those sites, and then cut and paste the link that has the tags in them in your post. Good luck!

Regarding footsteps and heartbeat - I believe that is due to bone conduction and NOT microphonics. Nothing out of the ordinary!

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #883 of 3,902
Quote:

Congrats! Heartbeat?....that's sheer excitement!

Feb 22, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #884 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! Heartbeat?....that's sheer excitement!

Thank you very much! Kosmic and FMT!!~ and i'm happy to join the LiveWires Family!
and i'll be sure to take some pictures when i get a digital camera from my gf!!
but anychance someone can point me to the right direction on how to Post pictures? on the forum?
*they just mailed me the Livewires straight from the manufacture, and now i'm waiting for the Case and the Cleaning tool*

Feb 22, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #885 of 3,902
Quote:

Thank you very much! Kosmic and FMT!!~ and i'm happy to join the LiveWires Family!
and i'll be sure to take some pictures when i get a digital camera from my gf!!
but anychance someone can point me to the right direction on how to Post pictures? on the forum?
*they just mailed me the Livewires straight from the manufacture, and now i'm waiting for the Case and the Cleaning tool*

Tiyako, refer to my above post...I gave you the run down!

I prefer photobucket. Can't really go wrong there. Did they send you the cable too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back