Livewires - California Dreamin'
Feb 17, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #856 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personally I don't see why there should be anyone claiming the 30 Day policy and, yes, HeadphoneAddict, the 20% is a wild guess (we really do need that poll to start gathering some real data!). Yes, anyone who at the end has retained their Livewires is a 'successful' purchase IMHO (though I'm sure some miss out on the Livewires joy when the refit challenge comes up - some people expect 'perfection out of the box' and that's a shame because with something tailored to the individual - home renovations, wedding dresses, Livewires, etc - there's always the potential for refitting to be done.
wink.gif
).

I'll set up the poll later as a seperate thread after work.

I personally agree with you that, it seems unlikely to get something that would fit right out of the box, especially with something that is hand made. According to the UE video, there are engineers that scan in your ear impression into a computer and clean it up by cutting off unneeded parts. I don't know if a company like livewires uses the same method as UE, but I can see why there are refitting issues since they are adjusting the IEM without looking at the ear of the owner.

Feb 17, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #857 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe someone should set up a simple poll as a seperate thread along the lines of
a. My Livewires worked for me from Day 1, straight out of the box
biggrin.gif
b. My Livewires took a little while to settle for me but they did settle with my ears and I'm enjoying them now
smily_headphones1.gif
c. My Livewires needed to go back to Earpeace for rework, which was done professionally and as expeditiously as possible
cool.gif
d. I was one of those who decided to claim on the 30 Day return policy.

If all Livewires owners voted on that poll I'd guess that it'd show a much clearer picture of a majority of successful Livewires purchasers with maybe up to 20%? needing rework.

Sorry for the delay but the Poll is now up - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/liv...return-297659/

Feb 18, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #859 of 3,902
Cool pics! Thanks Ace.

Feb 20, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #862 of 3,902
Your audiologist will know what he is doing, but what that means is that you open and close your mouth for 20 seconds or so, then keep your mouth closed. At least thats how my audiologist had me do them.

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #865 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant0nik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We'll find out in a week or two.

It'll be too late then though. Oh well im sure the open & closed method will be fine.

Look foward to seeing your review, and pics!

What colour(s) did you choose?

Still cant choose mine. Tempted to go Sky Blue and Transparent Dark Blue!!

I do like Kosmics though, and Stews (and the rest!) just wanna be different!

Matt

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #866 of 3,902
Not sure i get what they mean by open and closed, although i don't think i'd want to be moving my jaw around too much while the impressions cure. If i did it again, i'd probably go for semi open (say, about the width of two fingers) with a bite block dead centre. One thing my audiologist said though, is that it's not an exact science, what works for one person might be useless for another.

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #868 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by StudioAce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spoke with John Diles at length last Monday about LiveWires.

And a bit of inside info. LiveWires will be using some new drivers in the next few weeks that fit piggyback (one on top of the other) in the shell for great time alignment. also they will be updating their crossover network as well.

Ace

good and bad.

good that their using new stuff, bad that, people who are getting theirs made now etc will miss out
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #869 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good and bad.

good that their using new stuff, bad that, people who are getting theirs made now etc will miss out
frown.gif

Don't really care, as I love my livewires as they are haha.

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #870 of 3,902
See I am one of those people who wants the best of whatever I am getting!

So yeah, but will see, my LiveWires should be arriving at the labs soon for the rework, still got another 2-3 week wait for mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back