Livewires - California Dreamin'
Feb 16, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #841 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really eager to get my LiveWires at the end of Next Week!!! But the thing is that....i'm really worry about the fit of the livewires and if there's anything wrong with it....i'll have to wait for quite awhile before i can get it back~
frown.gif

Cross that bridge if you ever get to it. Deal with a situation when, and not before, it occurs.

Threads will likely highlight negatives/issues far more than positives simply because all those positives are off enjoying their Livewires (thankfully Kosmic stays around here to ensure we maintain balance - thanks, Kosmic
wink.gif
).

BTW I'm wondering if this new "I'm going to worry about my as yet untested unseen Livewires" enigma needs to be classisified as a new medical condition. Would we call it FMT syndrome?
tongue.gif

And, Tiyako, the likely scenario is that they won't just slide in seamlessly when they first arrive - there is a period of your ears getting used to them for most new owners. So don't get stressed if that's your first experience, and certainly don't work yourself up about it.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 16, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #844 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great, I have a sickness named after me, oh joy!!

But I know I'm not the only one with a fit issue, webbie if I recall right, you had a minor fit issue as well?

Yeah, I had a fit issue. And, yeah, it was annoying that it meant I couldn't get the best out of my Livewires straight away. But also, yeah, it was addressed professionally by John Diles and the Livewires team.
biggrin.gif

I guess I'm just trying to highlight that there's no need to stress, and post about the stress (potentially causing others to stress), all when there's nothing but an imaginary potential poor fit.

Maybe someone should set up a simple poll as a seperate thread along the lines of
a. My Livewires worked for me from Day 1, straight out of the box
biggrin.gif
b. My Livewires took a little while to settle for me but they did settle with my ears and I'm enjoying them now
smily_headphones1.gif
c. My Livewires needed to go back to Earpeace for rework, which was done professionally and as expeditiously as possible
cool.gif
d. I was one of those who decided to claim on the 30 Day return policy.

If all Livewires owners voted on that poll I'd guess that it'd show a much clearer picture of a majority of successful Livewires purchasers with maybe up to 20%? needing rework.

Feb 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #845 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cross that bridge if you ever get to it. Deal with a situation when, and not before, it occurs.

Threads will likely highlight negatives/issues far more than positives simply because all those positives are off enjoying their Livewires (thankfully Kosmic stays around here to ensure we maintain balance - thanks, Kosmic
wink.gif
).

BTW I'm wondering if this new "I'm going to worry about my as yet untested unseen Livewires" enigma needs to be classisified as a new medical condition. Would we call it FMT syndrome?
tongue.gif

And, Tiyako, the likely scenario is that they won't just slide in seamlessly when they first arrive - there is a period of your ears getting used to them for most new owners. So don't get stressed if that's your first experience, and certainly don't work yourself up about it.
rolleyes.gif

Thx you For your Words of Wisdom and Experience!!! Webbie
biggrin.gif

Because i'm not audiophile....still learning to become one...hehe just an ordinary PMP user.
I'm glad i decided to join the LiveWires Family! woohooo!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #846 of 3,902
Anyone got the cable with the 50 ohm resistor built in?
Might be worthwhile to try.

Feb 17, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #850 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I had a fit issue. And, yeah, it was annoying that it meant I couldn't get the best out of my Livewires straight away. But also, yeah, it was addressed professionally by John Diles and the Livewires team.
biggrin.gif

I guess I'm just trying to highlight that there's no need to stress, and post about the stress (potentially causing others to stress), all when there's nothing but an imaginary potential poor fit.

Maybe someone should set up a simple poll as a seperate thread along the lines of
a. My Livewires worked for me from Day 1, straight out of the box
biggrin.gif
b. My Livewires took a little while to settle for me but they did settle with my ears and I'm enjoying them now
smily_headphones1.gif
c. My Livewires needed to go back to Earpeace for rework, which was done professionally and as expeditiously as possible
cool.gif
d. I was one of those who decided to claim on the 30 Day return policy.

If all Livewires owners voted on that poll I'd guess that it'd show a much clearer picture of a majority of successful Livewires purchasers with maybe up to 20%? needing rework.

[edit out the part where I can't read]

I do agree the majority of buyers are "successful purchasers". The question is, are we calling those who need a re-fit unsuccessful, or just those who take the refund.

The 20% refit number might be high, it might be low. I don't know. But I needed a re-fit but I would call myself a successful purchaser. I'm guessing less than 5% take the refund.

In other words, I don't want peeps to mistake the 20% number as being unsuccessful customers, as I think the number of people who take the refund is much much smaller. I think that's what you were trying to say.

Feb 17, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #851 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am confused, if you are enjoying them now, how were you one of those that decided to claim on the 30 day return policy?

What I'm confused about is why you're confused. I think Ant0nik misunderstood the same thing as you, and filipelli explained it right after... and that's just a couple posts up from yours!
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #852 of 3,902
OMG, I try to put out a potential 'worry' fire and end up starting another one due to misinterpretations about what I was stating.

Yes, the A-B-C-D list in my post were proposed options for a Poll. (I may well set that up seperately after work tonight).

Yes, I fit into categories 'B' and 'C' and [size=small]L-O-V-E my Livewires[/size] (Ant0nik and HeadphoneAddict, that means I have kept them. So my love of them has unfortunately led to poor FMT going through the long wait and also experiencing the 'C' stage at the moment, sorry FMT
frown.gif
)

Personally I don't see why there should be anyone claiming the 30 Day policy and, yes, HeadphoneAddict, the 20% is a wild guess (we really do need that poll to start gathering some real data!). Yes, anyone who at the end has retained their Livewires is a 'successful' purchase IMHO (though I'm sure some miss out on the Livewires joy when the refit challenge comes up - some people expect 'perfection out of the box' and that's a shame because with something tailored to the individual - home renovations, wedding dresses, Livewires, etc - there's always the potential for refitting to be done.
wink.gif
).

I'll set up the poll later as a seperate thread after work.

Feb 17, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #853 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not using any EQ, they are super comfortable using Shure Olives and even tri-flange.

Got it from Amazon marketplace. But since Im in Aus, a Head-Fier friend bought them and shipped to me and I gave her money.

Cecala, if you wait, I will review SF5 v LW v ER4, and then you can decide, since you are in Melb, I'd be happy to meet you sometime to try out my rig and earphones and you can decide as well?

Yes please on the review SF5 v LW v ER4 and most generous on the 'listen for my self option', I might take you up on that.

-Eagerly Await-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back