Littledot MKII with Senn HD650s+ Grado SR325is pairing
Jul 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #16 of 21
I apologise if this is the wrong thread to ask (there are a lot of threads!), but I am relatively new to audiophile-land. I've had a Mk II for about a year now, as well as the HD595s, and have loved every moment of music. I was wondering if anyone could suggest any tubes to replace the stock tubes that come with it that might give it a warmer sound? Or, indeed, if it's worth changing them at all?

I am 'umming' and 'arring' about getting some HD650s, and was hoping to upgrade my current amp in anyway possible, as I can't really afford a new amp on top of that. (I wish I had originally gone for the Mk III, even if just for the look of the thing - but I'm still happy with my Mk II as it is my first tube amp!)

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #17 of 21
^ If there is no thread on MkII tube rolling, you might want to try to ask people in the MkIII tube rolling thread, as far as I know, many tubes that fit in the MkIII also fit in the MkII.

Aug 1, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
^ If there is no thread on MkII tube rolling, you might want to try to ask people in the MkIII tube rolling thread, as far as I know, many tubes that fit in the MkIII also fit in the MkII.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

I've always heard the phrase 'tube rolling' and never been too sure exactly what it means. Does it simply mean 'swapping the tubes for other ones? o_0 (I do hate to sound like a n00b, but you have to start somewhere.)

Aug 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #21 of 21
Cool, thanks. I thought it might have meant something more specific (like constantly swapping while playing... which always seemed a little dodgy to me! :p), but apparently not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back