Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
Mar 13, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #2,926 of 3,408
  Digikey has them heres link  dont know what size you need check your jumpers          http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/NPC02SXON-RC/S9341-ND/2618266

thanks , i have a mkiii, are the jumpers a different size for the mk i+ , do they differ from amp to amp ?

i may try getting one off to have a look

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #2,927 of 3,408

Digikey has them heres link  dont know what size you need check your jumpers          http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/NPC02SXON-RC/S9341-ND/2618266

thanks , i have a mkiii, are the jumpers a different size for the mk i+ , do they differ from amp to amp ?

i may try getting one off to have a look

i dont know if sizes are different between amps  but on MK3 i think size is 2.54m.m .

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #2,928 of 3,408
  i dont know if sizes are different between amps  but on MK3 i think size is 2.54m.m .

that's what i was thinking, thanks again

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #2,929 of 3,408
I happened to have both the E92 mullards and the 6n6p-i and never liked either. sticked to my voskhods and 6n6p-ir.

today i put both together and this is the sound i would want from the amp i guess .
try it out and let me know what you think

cheers

May 19, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #2,930 of 3,408
Hi , I'm from South Africa and my brother just bought me an MKIII during his trip to Hong Kong. He sent me some photos and I noticed that the black cube behind the tubes looks shinier than the photos on the Internet. And the text on the front panels looks a bit bigger and bolder. Should I be worried? Does this look like a counterfeit model? :frowning2:

May 19, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #2,931 of 3,408
it's normal, don't worry about it.

I don't know if it's fake or not though. Is there even a "fake" Little Dot? I don't think there is a "fake" little dot. They aren't exactly big enough to have "fake"

May 19, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #2,932 of 3,408
Hi , I'm from South Africa and my brother just bought me an MKIII during his trip to Hong Kong. He sent me some photos and I noticed that the black cube behind the tubes looks shinier than the photos on the Internet. And the text on the front panels looks a bit bigger and bolder. Should I be worried? Does this look like a counterfeit model?
frown.gif

The only thing suspicious is the repainted transformer cover not a very good paint job usually the finish is a wrinkle finish    like picture below .This amp is used right.when new rings are not yellowish

May 19, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #2,933 of 3,408
The only thing suspicious is the repainted transformer cover not a very good paint job usually the finish is a wrinkle finish    like picture below                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

I agree, that's the only thing really bothering me.

Now I don't know what to do. Do you think I should return it? My brother is there for only one more day :frowning2:

May 19, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #2,935 of 3,408

The only thing suspicious is the repainted transformer cover not a very good paint job usually the finish is a wrinkle finish    like picture below                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Now I don't know what to do. Do you think I should return it? My brother is there for only one more day
frown.gif

Is it suppose to be new

May 19, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #2,938 of 3,408

Now I don't know what to do. Do you think I should return it? My brother is there for only one more day
frown.gif

Is it suppose to be new

Can you see what version the LITTLEDOT is you see that when you
Yes, they opened the box in front of him:

You see the rings are yellow compared to littledot picture i posted meaning they were heated up ,and another thing you will not have a warranty unless you by directly from DAVID ZHEZHE on ebay or littledot sight .

May 19, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #2,939 of 3,408
If you are really that worried so much, just return them. Why take the chance?
Just choose the path that won't make you always wonder forever.

If my guess is right, the headphone store your brother bought them from is a pretty good headphone store in Hong Kong. Is it this one?
http://www.mingo-hmw.com/home/ They have tons and tons of stuffs.

I don't know about warranty though, you should ask Little Dot about it on their forums or ebay i guess.

May 19, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #2,940 of 3,408
That photo you posted, was the background the store where you bought them?
That store looks familiar haha

Haha, yes, it is from Mingo which is meant to be one of the best stores in Hong Kong so I see no reason why they wouldn't sell only the best. And I also don't see why a store selling Audeze headphones(as in the background of image) would sell anything dodgy. And they were extremely professional, this wasn't some store on the street, it was on the 9th floor of the complex.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. I've seen MKIII amps all over the Internet with little differences here and there so maybe this is the new look for the transformer. This is also the 220V version in case that makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back