Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods (All verified mods are on first page)
Apr 25, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #3,271 of 4,154
I meant the top board connect with the bottom board to bring the center ground potential to the transistors.
It basically depends on the board trace..
I don't know who it was and there are soo many pages here lol

Apr 25, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #3,272 of 4,154
I forgot who it was that had their trace broken in the main PSU, right underneath the PSU caps around the diode area..
One side supposed to connect to the other thru a hole wherr two caps join(!).
You should check that area as well..
This picture with circle red color is the worst issue, that area was where explosion happened, I believe that damage area cause ground shorted
IMG_9204 A.jpg

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #3,273 of 4,154
Never give up till the miracle happen. LOL

Thomas Edison Quotes : I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.

He sounds like my kinda guy LOL.

I meant the top board connect with the bottom board to bring the center ground potential to the transistors.
It basically depends on the board trace..
I don't know who it was and there are soo many pages here lol

To save you wading through 200 or so pages... not a whole lot of fun by any means..... I had this problem but I don't think I told anyone, the engineer fixed it for me. I think Sonic had a problem fixed with wire there, I don't think Mogos had any problems like that, lucky person!

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #3,274 of 4,154
He sounds like my kinda guy LOL.

To save you wading through 200 or so pages... not a whole lot of fun by any means..... I had this problem but I don't think I told anyone, the engineer fixed it for me. I think Sonic had a problem fixed with wire there, I don't think Mogos had any problems like that, lucky person!

I should have probably taken pictures. Since i had 2 larger ripped pads and (PSU caps) and 1 smaller pad with the via ripped out. But this was on the blue board. The black PCB had 0 issue even after multiple pulls and solder sessions.

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #3,275 of 4,154
I should have probably taken pictures. Since i had 2 larger ripped pads and (PSU caps) and 1 smaller pad with the via ripped out. But this was on the blue board. The black PCB had 0 issue even after multiple pulls and solder sessions.

Yeah, I noticed your black board looked remarkably clean. Do you desolder before pulling out the components, that is the best way to avoid pulling pads......... or so I'm told!

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #3,277 of 4,154
I just found something interesting and I think I can copy the whole original PCB and build the second MK8SE or may be more. LOL

Wow..... have you thought about going P2P? Might be easier!

Apr 26, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #3,279 of 4,154
Yeah, I noticed your black board looked remarkably clean. Do you desolder before pulling out the components, that is the best way to avoid pulling pads......... or so I'm told!

Yeap. But i did the same with this board as well.
I just found something interesting and I think I can copy the whole original PCB and build the second MK8SE or may be more. LOL

Do share :wink:

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #3,280 of 4,154
what's P2P?

Point to point, ie you reproduce the traces from the PCB using wires instead..... no more lifted pads! You just need to know where to put everything in a custom chassis.

Or if you're thinking of going down this route ask Sonic about his LTP amp. Might be cheaper to start from scratch if you've got to get a whole lot of new components.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #3,281 of 4,154
Point to point, ie you reproduce the traces from the PCB using wires instead..... no more lifted pads! You just need to know where to put everything in a custom chassis.

Or if you're thinking of going down this route ask Sonic about his LTP amp. Might be cheaper to start from scratch if you've got to get a whole lot of new components.
Now I try to figure out how to copy the board traces layout so can DIY own cooper PCB, The method is very simple, just use the bright cool white colour light focus at the bottom of the PCB, then U CAN see all the traces from both side the board crystal clear , also very helpful when try to find and fix the damage area and broken traces

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #3,284 of 4,154
Anyone know how to remove the low/high gain switch?

Since using this switch I noticed that the resistor right next to it, the 390K resistor which reads 10K on low gain, has gone off so I checked the switch itself and found one of its resistors is not right probably causing an abnormally high reading on the 390K resistor.

May 5, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #3,285 of 4,154
Anyone know how to remove the low/high gain switch?

Since using this switch I noticed that the resistor right next to it, the 390K resistor which reads 10K on low gain, has gone off so I checked the switch itself and found one of its resistors is not right probably causing an abnormally high reading on the 390K resistor.

I swapped the ones on my friends board using a solder sucker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back