Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Dec 6, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #166 of 2,724
Denon D7000 se. Balanced LCD 3 JH 16 pro rewired D2000. I have had no noise or hum at all, other than a slight noise from the fans (not through the headphones). I was quite worried when I ordered it that I would have to go through a whole process of noise elemination but I guess I was lucky.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #167 of 2,724
In an unfortunate turn of events, my MKVI+ is now blowing fuses left and right. Working with David for a solution. This can occur if you have bad tubes, but I've tried 4 different quads in the back and 3 different pairs on the front with the same result. Anyone have ideas?

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #168 of 2,724
Most likely an internal problem. I highly doubt that it's because of the tubes.

Quote:
In an unfortunate turn of events, my MKVI+ is now blowing fuses left and right. Working with David for a solution. This can occur if you have bad tubes, but I've tried 4 different quads in the back and 3 different pairs on the front with the same result. Anyone have ideas?

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #170 of 2,724
I feel for you and I dread something like that happening to mine as I enjoy it so much. But I guess that one of the problem with ordering something direct from China, you get incredible value for money  but when things go wrong it is a pain in the a**e. I have no doubt David will look after you but you  will probably have to send it back to China.
I think if something was to go wrong I would just fixed it  locally and get  the all thing  upgraded (trafo, pot and caps). I am not even sure the SQ could be improved on but while you are at it...
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #171 of 2,724

Quote:
Denon D7000 se. Balanced LCD 3 JH 16 pro rewired D2000. I have had no noise or hum at all, other than a slight noise from the fans (not through the headphones). I was quite worried when I ordered it that I would have to go through a whole process of noise elemination but I guess I was lucky.

Since you have 2 of the headphones I want and one of them I REALLY wonder about, how do the D7000 and especially the LCD3 sound out of the MkVI+? I really wonder about the D7000 since they have such low impedance, same goes for the JH16 Pro's if you some how got them hooked up to the MkVI+, haha?

And unfortunately elwappo99, I'm still sans amp, so I can't help you out with anything :frowning2:  I do hope you get it figured out and then report back about it. If you do end up getting it fixed locally, I'm totally with Zenpunk in that you should give it a real run and have anything upgraded that you can :-D  I'd like to know if any of that would offer any improvements, I could always do it down the road if it was worth it at all :)

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #172 of 2,724
I haven't used the D7000's much with the amp as they are se. They do sound pretty good though from casual listening and I had no problem with the low impedance. I do have a balanced connection for the JH16 pros via a RSA to XLR adaptor and they sound excellent. I have no problems with hiss or hum- but only about a quarter of the volume dial is in use. The LCD 3's are the most interesting challenge for me with this amp. I think they both tend to  dark and laid back type of sound and there is a danger that this could get to be a bit too much for some listeners. What I have discovered quite to my surprise as a cable skeptic is that the silver dragon 3 on the LCD 3 gives a welcome lift and sparkle.you should also take what I say cautiously as the amp is still new and barely If at  all burned in

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #173 of 2,724
I am quite surprised by your findings 
confused.gif
. Considering how powerful the MKV+ is, I wouldn't have dared plugging some very sensitive and expansive iem as those could be fried easily if you forget to lower the volume.
With my full-size JVC DX1000 (64Ohms and 106db/mv) I can hear a very low level buzzing when no music is playing and I can' t go past 20 volume wise. Considering the JH16pro is only 18Ohms and 118db/mv how is that possible?
What source are you using? Balanced with with 4v voltage output?

Dec 15, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #175 of 2,724
Very puzzling...Is that the Logitech transporter? is your volume maxed out (0db) when listening through the LD? Are you using any kind of main filtering? stock tubes?
Sorry about all the questions? but if mine buzz with the JVC when yours is silent with the JH16  that means there is an issue with my set up somewhere...

Dec 15, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #178 of 2,724

Quote:
Well, sad news to report. It appears as if my amp is headed back to china for david to look at it, unless anyone knows any locals in my area that might be able to help out.

this amplifier is not difficult to repair.
there is not a technician throughout L.A.?

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #179 of 2,724

Quote:
Very puzzling...Is that the Logitech transporter? is your volume maxed out (0db) when listening through the LD? Are you using any kind of main filtering? stock tubes?
Sorry about all the questions? but if mine buzz with the JVC when yours is silent with the JH16  that means there is an issue with my set up somewhere...

It is the Logitech. 0 db. Stock tubes. No filtering.

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #180 of 2,724

Quote:
this amplifier is not difficult to repair.
there is not a technician throughout L.A.?

Are you going back to tubes Aldo?
I will keep some nice Bendix 6080WB Red Bank for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back