Little Dot Mk IV SE Tube Rolling
Nov 19, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #61 of 72
I come across some E95 tubes labeled United Paterson, it is NOS as it claims from the vendor but I looked at the tube and they look very new. Just wondering if anyone know anything about these tubes, are these tubes rebranded from something or they are just new production tubes.

Nov 20, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #62 of 72
Never heard of United Paterson... the United Electron EF92 sounded great though.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's my day to use non-sequiturs.

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #63 of 72
I just tried it out and it sounds great out of the box, the pins are pretty new is because I requested a match and the seller polished to pin for me.

It's very very close to my Jan Sylavia tubes and at 3 bucks a piece these are true bargains.

Apr 4, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #65 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by wudai_e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I come across some E95 tubes labeled United Paterson, it is NOS as it claims from the vendor but I looked at the tube and they look very new.

There is no reason that NOS tubes couldn't look like they were made yesterday.

Quote:

Just wondering if anyone know anything about these tubes, are these tubes rebranded from something or they are just new production tubes.

Rebranded surely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never heard of United Paterson...

That's Paterson, New Jersey. Their location.

Quote:

It's very very close to my Jan Sylavia tubes and at 3 bucks a piece these are true bargains.

They might actually be Sylvanias, or anything else really.

Some reboxers. There were many more.

united.jpg
national2.jpg
rsd.jpg
haltron2.jpg

May 8, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #66 of 72
I currently have this amp matched with HD800, it's actually quite a good combo actually, though the sound is slightly on the bright side.
Does anyone have any suggestions for 'warmer sounding' tubes? I'm looking for more subdued treble and richer mids.
Thanks!!

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #67 of 72
Has anybody tried Philips ECG 5654W black plate tubes? Are these worth getting? They're $26 for a pair on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290437892670&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #68 of 72
Can anybody recommend any tubes with rolled off trebles? I'm finding my HD800's too bright and want to fix it. THanks in advance!

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #69 of 72
Hi all,

Just received a Little Dot MK IV SE (had one a few years back which I let go) just wanted to ask, how important/crucial is having matched driver tubes ???? only I picked up five GE JAN 5654W / 6AK5 off of the bay, un-matched.

Many thanks.

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #70 of 72
  Hi all,

Just received a Little Dot MK IV SE (had one a few years back which I let go) just wanted to ask, how important/crucial is having matched driver tubes ???? only I picked up five GE JAN 5654W / 6AK5 off of the bay, un-matched.

Many thanks.

No need to match tubes in the LD amps...IMHO.

-Mark in St. Louis

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #72 of 72
I've been going through this thread as I have my first tube amp coming, the Little Dot IV SE. I think it's coming with 6H30Pi and M8100 tubes.  What other good combos are there for HD650s? The GE JAN5654W, 6ZH1P-EV & Tung-Sol 6AK5 drivers look like a good bet for a balanced sound with good soundstage.

Can anyone give me some combinations please for power and driver tubes with HD650 for a balanced sound with good balanced sound across the board with good soundstage?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back