Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
Jul 14, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #1,938 of 3,154
The left channel rca jack doesn't stay tight. It spins freely when my cables move around even a little bit... eventually it completely detached itself from the solder on the inside of the amp, so I re-soldered and tightened the rca jack as much as I could.

This worked great for a while, until one day when I simply slid the amp a few inches closer to me so I could reach the volume. The rca jack had worked itself loose again, with very little provocation, and now I have static on the left channel. It's not like I abuse the thing :frowning2:

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #1,939 of 3,154
The left channel rca jack doesn't stay tight. It spins freely when my cables move around even a little bit... eventually it completely detached itself from the solder on the inside of the amp, so I re-soldered and tightened the rca jack as much as I could.

This worked great for a while, until one day when I simply slid the amp a few inches closer to me so I could reach the volume. The rca jack had worked itself loose again, with very little provocation, and now I have static on the left channel. It's not like I abuse the thing :frowning2:

If you could post some pictures of the interior of your amplifier it would greatly help especially area near rca connections in rear

Jul 15, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #1,941 of 3,154
I will do that, thanks

Assuming you can verify visually that the rca isn't shorting at the moment does the static change channels if you swap tubes between L/R? I am thinking an intermittent short to ground in the rca damaged either a vacuum tube, transistor, or opamp. Though my knowledge in this situation is slighty limited it is easy to troubleshoot the opamp and tubes with very little work.

Jul 15, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #1,942 of 3,154
I will do some tests when I get home, just to verify, but I will tell you this now - I can eliminate the static & distortion (for less than a second at a time, mind you) simply by playing around with the position of my interconnect cables. The left-channel rca jack spins left or right when I move the cable.

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #1,943 of 3,154
How do you guys like your LD1+? I'm probably going to sell my fiio e10 on here and then use those funds to purchase a LD1+. I have a pair of grade 325is. To those of you who run your Grados through the LD, what can you say about the sound? 

Thanks! I welcome any grado owners, or any LD1+ owners to talk about their experiences in the sound too. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #1,944 of 3,154
  How do you guys like your LD1+? I'm probably going to sell my fiio e10 on here and then use those funds to purchase a LD1+. I have a pair of grade 325is. To those of you who run your Grados through the LD, what can you say about the sound? 

Thanks! I welcome any grado owners, or any LD1+ owners to talk about their experiences in the sound too. 

honestly it sounds to me as if buying a pair of new panel mount rca jacks would solve your issue, or trying different interconnects.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #1,945 of 3,154

I feed my LD1+ with the line out of the E10. Sounds great. Sold my 325is though... just not for me.

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #1,950 of 3,154
I'm using cv138 setting for the first time, the right channell is much more loud than the left, even if I invert the valves.
Any suggestion? It could be balanced?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back