Little Dot 2++ Tube Rolling
Mar 5, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #271 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by rain_uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
9D6 on the way...watch this thread..
tongue.gif

If you could, please compare to CV131 and CV4015. And posts pics!!

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #273 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this thread is for tube rolling, buttt.... Has anyone upgraded the power cord on the Little dot? Any noticible difference?

I didn't find much of a difference with the amp. However, I did notice a difference using a better cable to my source.

Mar 5, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #275 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this thread is for tube rolling, buttt.... Has anyone upgraded the power cord on the Little dot? Any noticible difference?

The only difference I noticed is my cable doesn't get stuck in the Little Dot after replacing it.
k1000smile.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #276 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by rain_uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread never dies!!
icon10.gif
lol

It's still 100 posts away from the venerable "Little Dot LD II+ Review and comparison to LD II" thread many know, maybe love, maybe love to hate...
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #277 of 658
If you want to see two pretty good pics of my Little Dot in action, check out the ++ in my sig. Each "+" is a different pic. They were taken by some fellow head-fiers at a meet this past weekend. Much better than I could ever do. The power tubes are Russian and the driver tubes are Mullard CV4015s. In the first pic (a close up) you can just make out the "rd" in Mullard on the left tube and can see most of "4015" on the right one. The second is from farther back. The power tubes have an incredible glow to them. The phones, of which you can only see the jack, are an RS1.

Mar 6, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #279 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to see two pretty good pics of my Little Dot in action, check out the ++ in my sig. Each "+" is a different pic. They were taken by some fellow head-fiers at a meet this past weekend. Much better than I could ever do. The power tubes are Russian and the driver tubes are Mullard CV4015s. In the first pic (a close up) you can just make out the "rd" in Mullard on the left tube and can see most of "4015" on the right one. The second is from farther back. The power tubes have an incredible glow to them. The phones, of which you can only see the jack, are an RS1.

Sweet. Do those power tubes glow pink, or is it just the light?

Mar 6, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #280 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by grinchy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet. Do those power tubes glow pink, or is it just the light?

I've never seen them glow that way. I think the flash really emphasized the brightness of the tube's glow. It's a great pic.

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #282 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh its so more stylish in silver than mine in black :/

which brand is your power tubes ?... not svetlanas i can see `?

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #283 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh its so more stylish in silver than mine in black :/

which brand is your power tubes ?... not svetlanas i can see `?

They are current production Ulyanovs. I have a pair of Svetlana tubes, but I have yet to try them. Right now, I'm listening to Natalie Merchant (live) with my Gilmore Lite + HD650. Sounds good.
icon10.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #285 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lets get some pics of your new toy!

My digital camera is awful. I bought one just so I could take pictures of my gear. It got decent reviews on Amazon (don't know why - $35 wasted). Here's what happened first time I used it. The batteries died after 20 mins of use, the flash is so bright that you can't take close ups, the viewing screen is so poor that you can't tell if the picture is any good until you upload it to your computer, the uploaded picture is not in jpeg format natively, and the camera only holds 8 pics (that sucks!) without additional memory. I'm hoping maybe it takes okay pics in day light. Who knows, but who hasn't seen a GL before. Plus it looks pretty wimpy without the DPS sitting beneath it (should have that in a few weeks). Plus I want to keep this thread on topic. But what I am really waiting for are my recabled phones -- DT880, K501, and K701. Pics of my K501 are in my sig.

Looks nice. Can't wait.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back