Little Dot 2++ Tube Rolling
Mar 6, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #286 of 658
lol more pics the merrier... ohh those 501s look nice. What wires were used in em? I am trying to recable this one- the blue dragon v1 was way too stiff and i sold em. Im thinking of nordost solar wind, patrick style. Do you have pics of the oehlbach senn cable?

I never realized that was an actual glow in those pics.. I though it was the color of something inside... Its amazing how in broad daylight the photo captured the glow...

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #287 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol more pics the merrier... ohh those 501s look nice. What wires were used in em? I am trying to recable this one- the blue dragon v1 was way too stiff and i sold em. Im thinking of nordost solar wind, patrick style. Do you have pics of the oehlbach senn cable?

I never realized that was an actual glow in those pics.. I though it was the color of something inside... Its amazing how in broad daylight the photo captured the glow...

I have no DIY ability. I definitely respect people who can do that stuff (and do it well). Alex who recabled my K501s and (K701) told me the cable was of his own make, 1/4 copper and 3/4 silver. I'm a little nervous as I don't have much experience with silver cables. I hope I like the sound. That's what happens when you come into a little money. No will power to save or buy stuff I really need. The oehlbach is a nice cable, far better than the stock 580. I'm not sure how it compares to the HD650 which is a nice cable for stock. I'll try to take some pictures over the weekend.

Getting back on topic, the ++ amazes me each day. My HD650s sound good with the GL, but this thing doesn't near have the power of my ++. I'm beginning to think that the DPS is a must. I just need some funds to clear before I order it. Do you and Laxx ever get together for mini audio meets. We should do that sometime.

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #288 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll try to take some pictures over the weekend.

appreciated
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Do you and Laxx ever get together for mini audio meets. We should do that sometime.

never have, but we definitely should!

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #289 of 658
Quote:

Getting back on topic, the ++ amazes me each day. My HD650s sound good with the GL, but this thing doesn't near have the power of my ++. I'm beginning to think that the DPS is a must. I just need some funds to clear before I order it. Do you and Laxx ever get together for mini audio meets. We should do that sometime.

i see that you have owned quite many amps

"Sold: Total AirHead ▪ Corda HA1 ▪ LD2+ ▪ Corda Aria ▪ LD MicroTube"

Do you prefer the LD2++ to those ? Or were you just short of cash and sold the expensive ones ?
rolleyes.gif

great recable of those K501. The cable looks so cool...

Just recieved a new pair for my collection.. MS1's... I just wonder howcome the volume needs to be turned further up than with my HD600's ? i mean.. the HD600 is 300ohm and the MS1's 32 ohm... shouldnt the MS1's play way louder with the same volume ?...

And should i remove the high/low impedance jumper for use with the MS1's ?.. Does it make a difference at all ? but with my swapping phones after my mood it doesnt make sense to rejumper it every time i swich between high and low impedance phones...
blink.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #291 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably one has higher sensitivity than the other.

thought that low resistance.. low ohm implied high sensitivity (loud) and reversed high ohm low sensitivity (not as loud)

but i guess that it is'nt the truth then...

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #292 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koolind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i see that you have owned quite many amps. Do you prefer the LD2++ to those ? Or were you just short of cash and sold the expensive ones

And I am about to sell my Total BitHead as well. Just doesn't get enough use. So you can add that to the list. Here's the short version of my amp history. Total Airhead was a pretty weak amp. This is an early model. I think they are much better now. Sold it to get an HA1. Used that forever. Loved it. Aria came out (usb connection), so I sold the HA1 to fund that purchase. Was curious about tubes so I bought a LD2+. It had problems so I exchanged it for a ++. Loved the ++ (still do) so I got a Micro Tube to complement it. Didn't care for that as much. Returned it. Started to yearn for the clear crisp sound of solid state, so I purchased a Gilmore Lite. That takes me to the present. Once I sell my BitHead, it will just be my ++ and GL. The ++ is a solid little amp. Don't see myself selling it for a while. I also just ordered the DPS for the Lite. As you can tell, I use the term "sold" pretty loosely.

Quote:

great recable of those K501. The cable looks so cool.

I am drooling over those pics. The phones are not in my possession yet. Much looking forward to hearing them though.

Quote:

And should i remove the high/low impedance jumper for use with the MS1's ?.. Does it make a difference at all ? but with my swapping phones after my mood it doesnt make sense to rejumper it every time i swich between high and low impedance phones...
blink.gif

I have never taken out the jumpers. I switch phones so often, it doesn't make sense. I think the ++ drives all my phones pretty well.

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #293 of 658
Quote:

I have never taken out the jumpers. I switch phones so often, it doesn't make sense. I think the ++ drives all my phones pretty well.

Sounds like you need another LittleDot II++!
600smile.gif
One with jumpers, one without! Color code them- Black unit with black jumpers and silver unit for the shiney metal you see with no jumper!

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #294 of 658
Hi folks,

ask a dealer on ebay [lomo-lc-a] for that 6S19P-V tubes...

"http://stores.ebay.de/Hi-END-TUBES"

Hello.
Yes, tomorrow I will received from my suppler very match of 6S19P and 6S19P-V tubes.
What quantity tubes you interests?
MFG Nickolay Belous.
p.s. tubes with -V index more expensive, then without -V.

Another dealer will only sell a lot of....

Thank you for your inquiry.

I can send tubes to Germany. Minimum order is $200.00.
Prices includes delivery to Germany in this case.

If your needs is smaller than 8 pcs - this is possible also for additional $20.00 to compensate shipping fees.

Delivery will take about 3-4 weeks.
We can accept payment via:
1. Western Union (www.westernunion.com) (+10-15% usually),
2. bank transfer in US$ or Euro (+20.00).
3. www.moneybookers.com (in Euro only) (+5%)

Please let me know if the prices and terms are suitable and do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Anton Zverev
www.GSTube.com
tel/fax.+7(903)220-87-48

Anybody interested?

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #295 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4icn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you need another LittleDot II++!
600smile.gif
One with jumpers, one without! Color code them- Black unit with black jumpers and silver unit for the shiney metal you see with no jumper!

haha yea that must be the best and cheapest solution... :p...

ah but i guess i should eventually try to remove it one day to check if i prefer it jumperless... but i just dont want to disassemble it right now...
rs1smile.gif
im loving my MS1's fine the way they sound now...

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #298 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine today, but one of them is dead
frown.gif

It crackles and stuff then goes dead, i switched sides and nothing, so i'm sure it's the tube.

Got what?

Mar 8, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #299 of 658
Quote:

Got what?

My Russian 6c19 power tubes, sorry. I emailed thetubestore.com to ask if they'll send me a new one.

Mar 8, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #300 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Russian 6c19 power tubes, sorry. I emailed thetubestore.com to ask if they'll send me a new one.

That's odd, especially for a brand bew tube. I'm sure they will send you a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back