Little Dot 2++ Tube Rolling
Feb 18, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #241 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4icn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found that a couple people on ebay were my best source- I searched for the tube I wanted under advanced search- selecting "already ended auctions" and clicked "ask seller a question". I got lucky three times that way now and the sellers had more tubes.
580smile.gif

Now they'll all be at it!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #242 of 658
I just ordered a pair of Unbranded Mullard M8161 (CV4015) tubes off ebay item #140085701545. He has 24 on hand. I hope these tubes will work

Feb 19, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #243 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a pair of Unbranded Mullard M8161 (CV4015) tubes off ebay item #140085701545. He has 24 on hand. I hope these tubes will work

That looks like the same lettering as the Mullard M8161/6065 (from the rear) Nice tubes!!

edit: Yes, I just noticed where they are from, "Believed to be Mullard" as he says.. the Mullards I had from him were in the boxes he describes..you can see the ones I had in this pic and see the lettering is almost exact..

9937573_l.jpg

Link to ebay item #140085701545

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #244 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by rain_uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That looks like the same lettering as the Mullard M8161/6065 (from the rear) Nice tubes!!
icon10.gif

edit: Yes, I just noticed where they are from, they are the Mullard..

Link

I guess I'll order another pair then
smily_headphones1.gif
THANKS!!!!!!

Feb 21, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #246 of 658
I've been listening to those unbranded, supposedly military Mullard CV4015's for some time now and they have proven to be a big improvment over the stock mushy Mullard CV131 (6CQ6 /|\). These tubes separate better, they are a bit leaner and have tons of detail and they are not as vaquely liquid as the stock tubes (LD2+ stock tubes, that is). The hump in bass is gone, but instead there is better, clearer bass that seems to go much deeper. And mid-to high frequencies... oh my. Acoustic guitars have never sounded so good.

These tubes mate well with K701, not so well with Beyer DT-531 (in my opinion LD2+ doesn't in itself mate with DT-531 at all because the amp seems to kill the groove from these cans, they seem to like a certain slam that simply isn't there with LD2+).

I recommend you test these out, it's a cheap experiment.

I have russian 4P1L's (the cyrillic lettering look like 4N1N to westerners) coming to replace the stock chinese 4P1S power tubes, let's see how they mate with K701.

Feb 22, 2007 at 9:25 AM Post #248 of 658
Hello!

I have spotted some tubes on the net and I would like to know if you really think they are worth using on a Little Dot II ++:
6S19P (6c19ri) Svetlana Tubes.
They are power tubes, right? What's their average life span?
Is there anyone who already uses them and could describe the way they sound? I know that opinions may vary(already read some on this forum), but are they an improvement over the stock tubes or not?

Thanks.

Feb 22, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #251 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by syncmaster68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello!

I have spotted some tubes on the net and I would like to know if you really think they are worth using on a Little Dot II ++:
6S19P (6c19ri) Svetlana Tubes.
They are power tubes, right? What's their average life span?
Is there anyone who already uses them and could describe the way they sound? I know that opinions may vary(already read some on this forum), but are they an improvement over the stock tubes or not?

Thanks.

Yes they are the power tubes. The Svetlana 6C19П (6S19P) are quoted on specifications to have a minimum life span of 2000hrs so they should last you a good long while. They certainly make the driver tubes you partner with them sound very different to the stock Beijing 6C19-J...whether or not you like the changes is a matter of taste, most do. The 6C19П I have are the Ulyanov brand so I cant give you a personal opinion on the ones youv'e spotted, although I do have the Svetlana 6C19П-B which I find a huge change from the 6C19-J, with enhanced bass being the most promanant. When ordering be sure to check the brand markings on the tubes if possible, to make sure you know what you are getting, examples...

Below are the Svetlana (6C19П-B)
9937561_l.jpg

Below are the Ulyanov (6C19П)
9937559_l.jpg

Below are the Svetlana (6C19П-BP) >> has anyone tried these with LD2++ yet?
9937558_l.jpg

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #252 of 658
Quote:

Below are the Svetlana (6C19П-BP) >> has anyone tried these with LD2++ yet?
6C19n-BP.jpg

Hope this helps
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh thoose look interesting i think... Anyone who got a pair of theese... I personally love the Svetlana 6C19П-B's over the stock tubes...

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #253 of 658
Just thought I would give a bump to my favorite thread. I have been spending the last week or two listening to my LD2++. Love this amp. I am a little concerned about how hot it gets, but every 5 hours or so I turn it off to cool down. Other than that, no complaints whatsoever. I still haven't listened to all my tubes, but my favorite combo is still any non-stock power tubes (the stock sound bad to me) and the Mullard CV131s. Very lush. Lots of body. Full bass. In general, a warm tube which produces a lovely sound. I have acquired a taste for the Mullard M8161 too. At first they sounded awful, but after lots of burn in, the shrillness/harshness that I heard was gone. They have better detail and separation that the CV131, but sound a bit lean and flat at times as well. I would love to find a tube that combined the best of these. Of what I have tried, these two tubes are my favorites.

I saw an auction for some Mullard EF92s with yellow print. They are supposed to sound better than the ones with white print. They looked much cooler as well. Anyone heard them or have anything else to add.

I would love to hear from some new LD2++ owners.

Feb 27, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #254 of 658
I'm still waiting for my LD2++ amp.

In the meantime, I got some unbranded "Mullard"M8161 and some Svetlana 6S19P tubes. I hope that at least one combination will sound pleasing to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back