Little Dot 2++ Tube Rolling
Feb 13, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #228 of 658
Last edited:
Feb 13, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #229 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4icn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found a used SPIRA 9D6 that claims to produce good sound.

3000smile.gif
Good one.

Feb 14, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #231 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4icn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif
I wonder what these sound like... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=260059512371

I wish the tubes had dates on them- kinda like buying aged wine.
eggosmile.gif

I so badly want more power tubes to roll. Cant believe those drivers slipped past unnoticed tho

edit: anyone know of other brands for powers other than Svetlana, Ulyanov & Beijing?

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #232 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by rain_uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I so badly want more power tubes to roll.

The first step is admitting the problem.
icon10.gif

The ++ has limited tube rolling capabilities. If you want to gorge yourself with tube rolling, you need to get a single power amp. The possibilities will never be exhausted, although your wallet may.

Feb 15, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #233 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The first step is admitting the problem.
icon10.gif

The ++ has limited tube rolling capabilities. If you want to gorge yourself with tube rolling, you need to get a single power amp. The possibilities will never be exhausted, although your wallet may.

The LD's certainly give you a taste for it that's for sure, but they sound so damn good! You also become a jedi master at using google, I no longer need a keyboard..the force is strong in this one

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #234 of 658
I receive my Svetlana 6C19П-B

Very Early impression is Wow Bass
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
. They seem to have much more bass than the Ulyanov but the mid and high seem to be slightly recess in contrast.

I'll post more when I listen to it for a longer period

I also receive my HH CV131. Those have been a deception They seem to fall a bit flat and lackluster. Maybe they'll develop into something more with more time.

Here a picture
http://dtserver.homeip.net:83/hhcv131.jpg
hhcv131.jpg

I also receive some La radiotechnique Pro which seem more promising but I still need more time to have a proper judgment. They seem to have the "flash" feature similar to the ediswan.

So 3 pair of power tube (Svetlana Ulyanov Chinese) and 6 pair of driver tube(Mullard EF92, Ediswan EF92, MWT W77, Mullards m8161, La Radiotechnique EF92, HH CV131)
3 X 6 = 18 combo in total not bad.

I will post update when I have more time with the tube

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #236 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I receive my Svetlana 6C19П-B

Very Early impression is Wow Bass
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
. They seem to have much more bass than the Ulyanov but the mid and high seem to be slightly recess in contrast.

I'll post more when I listen to it for a longer period

I also receive my HH CV131. Those have been a deception They seem to fall a bit flat and lackluster. Maybe they'll develop into something more with more time.

Here a picture
http://dtserver.homeip.net:83/hhcv131.jpg
hhcv131.jpg

I also receive some La radiotechnique Pro which seem more promising but I still need more time to have a proper judgment. They seem to have the "flash" feature similar to the ediswan.

So 3 pair of power tube (Svetlana Ulyanov Chinese) and 6 pair of driver tube(Mullard EF92, Ediswan EF92, MWT W77, Mullards m8161, La Radiotechnique EF92, HH CV131)
3 X 6 = 18 combo in total not bad.

I will post update when I have more time with the tube

What no 9D6?? !! Great picture BTW!

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #239 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by rain_uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The LD's certainly give you a taste for it that's for sure, but they sound so damn good! You also become a jedi master at using google, I no longer need a keyboard..the force is strong in this one
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just received my LD ll++ yesterday. I'm really enjoying it, and am in the mood to order some backup tubes. I've tried some searches with suggestions already mentioned in this thread with not too much luck to speak of.
If anyone has some links for tubes for the LD ll++ I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
JD
580smile.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #240 of 658
Quote:

Originally Posted by John D. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received my LD ll++ yesterday. I'm really enjoying it, and am in the mood to order some backup tubes. I've tried some searches with suggestions already mentioned in this thread with not too much luck to speak of.
If anyone has some links for tubes for the LD ll++ I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
JD
580smile.gif

I found that a couple people on ebay were my best source- I searched for the tube I wanted under advanced search- selecting "already ended auctions" and clicked "ask seller a question". I got lucky three times that way now and the sellers had more tubes.
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back