Listened to the Beats Solo HD today
Jul 14, 2010 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

astroid

1000+ Head-Fier
They were much better than i expected, big bass but mids and highs were still in the picture. Comfy as F$ck , honest comfiest i have ever worn.
Might pick a set up if i can get them under £120, for portables they are pretty good.

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #2 of 12

Quote:
They were much better than i expected, big bass but mids and highs were still in the picture. Comfy as F$ck , honest comfiest i have ever worn.
Might pick a set up if i can get them under £120, for portables they are pretty good.

They are for bass lovers only...

Sep 11, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 12
Hey franz, how is the folding mechanism of the Beats Solo HD? How small does it fold and how big is the case it comes with?

Sep 11, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #5 of 12
It's nice to see someone not hating on the beats. I've got some Turbine Pro Golds, HD650's and a DT880/250. I have a feeling I would also like the Solo HD's. I love bass too (it's the car audio lover in me). If I weren't so afraid of buying fakes, I'd buy some at the right price.

Sep 11, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #6 of 12
Funny Cory, I have much the same stuff, minus the DT880. I still think the Solo HD is the portable for me. Might have to dispose of my MS300 first, though.

Sep 11, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #7 of 12
To each his own, I suppose.

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 12
I can only hope this is not only true, but a new trend for designer headphones. If they can actually challenge the sound of mid-fi headphones, then perhaps companies like AKG and Grado will be forced to innovate. Along with that, perhaps companies like Ultrasone and Beyer will be forced to market their products more (like, at all..). Maybe I'm a capitalist pig, but I see nothing but positives comming from some sort of real competition between the consumer and audiophile markets.

Mar 15, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #11 of 12
mhm, when i listened to them

the highs and mids sounded kind of "veiled", like theres something blocking the sound

but the bass was good, but kinda of overwhelming

there was even a heavy mid bass present in the piano solo i listened to them with

:DD

but sound is preference so 
:D

Mar 15, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #12 of 12
As for me, I have the Turbine Pro Copper. There's not a lot of nice IEMs from where I'm from so I could only compare it to the cx300-II of senns and without bias, I honestly preferred the turbines. this was all before discovering head-fi though. I'm at least happy that the copper edition got some decent reviews even here. they are however, overpriced. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back