List of High-End Digital Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued
Apr 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #226 of 284
I now own both the Ayon CD-2 ($5,500) and the PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC & Transport ($6,000). I am trying to decide whether I want to keep both. I have some initial impressions, but too early to say definitively.

Apr 18, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #229 of 284
Quote:

Originally Posted by minimus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why should I ditch the Ayon?

I think people are sold on the perfectwave combo just because it is different from the usual CD player. I remember the same thing happening with the Nova Physics Memory Player some years back. I tried out the Nova and it didn't do anything for me, but I've not tried the PS Audio offering. I can't get over the fact that they made that silly noise harvester....

Apr 25, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #231 of 284
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MCD500 or 306 SACD?

thinking about making this swap. should i . . .

I've never heard the 306 but I couldn't recomend the MCD500 any more highly (YMMV). It does have the McIntosh "house sound" though. What are you looking to hear?

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #232 of 284
Just received my new naim dac! I had been eying this DAC since it came out and it was time to upgrade my AQVOX USB 2 D/A MKII.

So after auditioning other dacs (weiss, bryston and chord) around its price range I went to the local Naim dealer and took the plunge! It is my first Naim component and it is such and upgrade to the AQVOX (which I really liked) that Im still in awe! It will take me some time to describe my feelings towards this one....

Now all I can say is that Stax never sounded better
o2smile.gif
After this massive upgrade I think Im going to hold on to upgrade my amp to the WES.

Just for info, Im connecting the Naim DAC to my macbookPro with a van den Hul Optocoupler MKII and the Xentek extreme isolated power is transmitted with a van den Hul Mainstream cable. The audio out is connected to the GES with a pair of Acoustic Zen MatrixReferenceII cables.

IMG_2591.jpg
[/IMG]

Aug 12, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #233 of 284
I no longer own the Weiss DAC1-MK2 ($6,700). Instead, I now own a beautiful black Wadia 781i ($14,950). The Wadia sits in my livingroom setup, because the STAX SRM-007tII / Sennheiser HE60 combo isn't able to fully realise the power of the Wadia. The Stello DA220 MK2 is sufficient for my daily headphone usage.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #236 of 284
Oct 7, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #240 of 284
I've got a NorthStar M192 MKII if this list is still going on.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back