Lisa III and SE535 for portable audio setup
Sep 7, 2011 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NinjaSquirt

500+ Head-Fier
I've read lots of good things about Lisa III as a portable amp but I've rarely read anything on the specific combination of Lisa III and SE535s. I would like to know from someone that has experience with either or both if there would be a noticeable improvement for SE535s using the Lisa III. I'm considering buying it but I heard some say that the SQ of IEMs do not improve drastically with portable amps, can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm listening through an iPhone 4 if that will help in your response.

Sep 10, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 3
Nope, never a drastic improvement due to their efficiency.  Good earphones/headphones will scale with better equipment to some extent in any case.  However, upgrading your source and/or headphones/earphones always comes first.

Sep 10, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 3
I do notice a difference on my JH16s and my 530 when I switch from iPhone to iPhone+ LOD + D12 as amp. It is not as dramatic as with full size cans as Mad Max indicates, but the bass is slightly more authoritative and the highs seem a bit cleaner. It is not night and day, but it is there. Not so pocket friendly, though, so if portability is key, I would go with Mad Max that this is optional but not required....

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back