Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics)
Jan 14, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #886 of 1,717
I prefer real music. For some reason I like music vs pink noise and have tried it many times.

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #887 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
100% volume with pink noise is very good. Try it
smily_headphones1.gif

[size=xx-small]

... and don't beat me if there's something wrong with your headphones.[/size]

AhHa I caught that! but its OK, I can always return it ^ ^ covered by warrantee! thanks for the suggestion though!

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #888 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer real music. For some reason I like music vs pink noise and have tried it many times.

Seriously Im not sure if I can actually hear any difference though...I think I might burn it with pink noise when im sleeping and music when im away...since I have to put it on full volume... Wont that actually BURN the headphone? I mean how about if the fuse breaks...if theres any...

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #890 of 1,717
Im actually putting it below 80%...its too loud and blasting...

Jan 15, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #892 of 1,717
I wasn't going to say anything before I let the ESW10JPNs burn in (and I'm still not going to at length)... but the 1st day, I was underwhelmed. But tonight, I put on the new Animal Collective LP on the TT and plugged the ESW10s in the Leben. All I have to say for now is that I have to get up to go to work in 5 hrs, but I just want to keep listening. These headphones aren't going to be your panacea, I can easily think of other headphones that do soundstaging better, bass better, yadi yadi yada. But there's something to these phones. VERY responsive to what's playing on the disk or LP, kind of makes you feel like a kid again, listening to music in the dark... more later, guys...

Jan 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #894 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, anyone know which japanese website to get the esw10 for the lowest price? as long as it ships within japan i am fine as a friend staying there will pick it up.

kakaku.com has reviews (if you know Japanese) and says how much the headphones are going on various websites. Here is what they have on the ESW10s.

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #898 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really liking my ESW10JPNs, they sound great and make for very good earwarmers in the brutal cold weather. But, does anyone also think that the ESW10s are slightly too forward with vocals?

They might be a little more forward but I still find them quite natural sounding. I am glad I picked up a pair. They sure are purty (pretty for those who don't come from the south of the US). :^)

I have been using them all the time vs my Ed. 9 but I have to admit, they don't seal out outside sounds at all. Still they can't be heard so they are good when you don't want someone mad at you because you can't here them.

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #899 of 1,717
I think they're as good as any headphones in their niche. Smallish portable headphones that sound good right out of an ipod, or with a portable amp. They're great for travelling, on an airplane, in a hotel room, etc. If you don't want to invest in a big rig, they're a great endpoint, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back