Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics)
Oct 16, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #16 of 1,717
The ESW10 looks really awesome!
However the price is a little too high for me
frown.gif

Oct 16, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #17 of 1,717
oh god, they look great. I can hardly wait until mine arrive. The darker wood makes it look much more subtle and sexier than the ESW9. So glad to hear that they do the same thing but better with regards to sound, as I really like my ESW9. I might get mine recabled by Apuresound after I have had them a little while.

Thanks for the photos. Would you put somemore up, along side pair of ESW9 ?

Oct 16, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #18 of 1,717
Wonder how they would compare to an APS recabled ESW9

Oct 16, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #19 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm coming up with a price of about $600 for the ESW10jpn, and the D7ks are going for $1000.

The D5k goes for about $600, though, if I'm not mistaken.

D7000's, right here.

Denon Ahd7000 : Wired Headphones / Headphones / Portable Audio

EXTREMELY reputable company; I've been ordering from them for years.
smile.gif

Obviously none in stock, atm, but they are never to long sold out of anything.

Oct 16, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #20 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by UWisconsin77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D7000's, right here.

Denon Ahd7000 : Wired Headphones / Headphones / Portable Audio

EXTREMELY reputable company; I've been ordering from them for years.
smile.gif

Obviously none in stock, atm, but they are never to long sold out of anything.

At a full $400 cheaper than any retailer that has them in stock, I'm both excited and skeptical. Headroom and Audiocubes has them at full retail, which is $995.

I'll hold my comments, however, because if it's true that's pretty awesome.

Oct 16, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #22 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At a full $400 cheaper than any retailer that has them in stock, I'm both excited and skeptical. Headroom and Audiocubes has them at full retail, which is $995.

I'll hold my comments, however, because if it's true that's pretty awesome.

Quite a few other places HAD them in stock for $600-$700. Obviously, sold out now, but I could have bought 10, if I really wanted to. But I am not one to shell out that kind of money for a pair of headphones without any reviews; literally.

Oct 16, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #24 of 1,717
Have been looking for a "travel" set of cans. These fit the bill! My order is in at AudioCubes.

Thanks for the pics and the review.

Oct 16, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #25 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by UWisconsin77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, look again.
wink.gif

They have the D2000's,5000's etc.

Strange. All of them are out-of-stock.
I bet the price would pump up when they have in stock.

Oct 16, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #26 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strange. All of them are out-of-stock.
I bet the price would pump up when they have in stock.

Yeah, all the places I found, that had them under a grand were sold out in about a week.

There was an eBay seller that had 5 of them for $699, shipped. I've seen them go as low as $560ish, but I didn't feel comfortable ordering from them. I've used beachaudio for years, like I mentioned.

Oct 16, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #28 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i guess edition 9 is fairly priced, compared to this.

they do look great.

They do look great, and after seeing how stunning these are in actual photos, I am more inclined to sacrafice a small amount of sound for these GORGEOUS beaut's.
L3000.gif

Not to mention they are likely far more comfortable than the ED9's, and look better to boot.

Oct 16, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #30 of 1,717
My ESW9 was comfortable enough to wear them on my daily way to work. I couldnt stand them more than 1hour on my head at home however.

Sasaki: Now that the ESW10 is out, how are the chances we will see an even better limited portable headphone.. Maybe using leather and being limited to 500 pieces.. that would remind me of something we all know
biggrin.gif

I sold my ESW9 some months after i got it because it was very obvious to me that audio technica would quickly improve on it and release something better.

The portable market is big especially in japan and if these sell out quickly (im sure they will), i'm also pretty sure we'll see another even better variation. It went the same way with the W1000 (w2002, then l3000).

PS: Beautiful pictures! Maybe if you have the time could you please upload some in higher res for wallpaper use? 1920x1200 would be great for example
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back