Limited editions of AKG K530 made for Audi and Mercedes car owners?
Jun 1, 2010 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

KANA

New Head-Fier
I have very interesting headphones made for Maybach car owners. (Of course, I don't have Maybach car :). )

And I notice these headphones are the limited edition of AKG K530.

But reading this article, there are the other headphones made for Audi and Mercedes car owners.

Does any have the information of these headphones? Were they really made?

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 16
wow those are cool looking headphones, never seen anything quite like that.  Looks like they've got the 6 vents/radiator pattern they used on the K240.  I wonder if they used a K240 baffle in there.  Looks smaller though, and the driver looks pretttty small too

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 16
wow, Kana, you have some interesting headphones in your collection!  an original T50v1 and a bunch I've never heard of.  You should takes some pictures of your collection.  There's an orthodynamic thread full of people who would love to see the beauties

also, how do the K530 sound !?

Jun 2, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #5 of 16
 Looking at these pics, my Maybach headphones' design and K530 ltd (black version)'s are similar, but there are some differences.

Quote:
 how do the K530 sound !?

Reading the reviews of AKG K530, the sound of Maybach's and that of original K530 are the quite same. Though the original K530 is semi-opened type headphones, Maybach's is the closed type. So the mid bass of Maybach's may be thinner than the original K530. But the sound field of Maybach's is totally wide and I can hear a very beautiful reverberant sound with this.

Quote:
 wow, Kana, you have some interesting headphones in your collection!  an original T50v1 and a bunch I've never heard of.  You should takes some pictures of your collection.  There's an orthodynamic thread full of people who would love to see the beauties

If you wanna see my photos and reviews, search "collectable headphones" and look at my blog plz. I hate the collector's competitive spirit, so I don't wanna write anything in that thread. And moreover, I hate to receive the dealing negotiations. Actually, Mr.Kabeer suddenly directed me to send email to him on the comment at my blog. So I answered that I don't have mind to sell these headphones to anyone at all, he's given me no reply.
 I may have 6 planar magnetic (Orthodynamic) type headphones, but comparing them with a modern headphones strictly,  I think that only the TRIO's (Kenwood) KH-92 gives me a wonderful sound.

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 16
they're not competetive in my experience.  They're just really enthusiastic.  Can you post a link to the blog?  The search engine isn't going to pick that up...

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #9 of 16
I never liked the look of the Maybach, but the headphones look superb. Thanks for sharing.

Jul 2, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #10 of 16
I ran across these pics and rather than starting a new thread i thought they should go here. I have a merc yes but older definitely not a 450.
These are WIRELESS ones for the back seat made by AKG. The other thread pictures link  just sends me to some spam prize place.

I don't own them they are just from a post somewhere else. Ebay maybe?
Text from post is : MERCEDES BENZ REAR ENTERTAINMENT HEADPHONES
CAME FROM A MERCEDES BENZ GL450

THIS ITEM RETAILS FOR OVER $242

MERCEDES BENZ WIRELESS HEADSET DVD REAR HEADPHONES

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 16
Yet more evidence, sadly, that AKG has lost its way.

AKG used to be an innovator and leader. Now it knocks off fluorescent celebriphones and cans for cars with hideous reliability issues. Harman has turned AKG into a high-end Skullcandy.

Stop it. Fire the marketing nimrods and hire some enthusiastic engineers. The K-1000 was a radical design that redefined headphones. Come up with another great headphone that pushes boundaries instead of jumping on "branding" and similar corporate crap. Based on current offerings, AKG is just a hair above Bose.

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #12 of 16

Quote:

AKG used to be an innovator and leader. Now it knocks off fluorescent celebriphones and cans for cars with hideous reliability issues. Harman has turned AKG into a high-end Skullcandy.

Stop it. Fire the marketing nimrods and hire some enthusiastic engineers. The K-1000 was a radical design that redefined headphones. Come up with another great headphone that pushes boundaries instead of jumping on "branding" and similar corporate crap. Based on current offerings, AKG is just a hair above Bose.

I don't really agree with this whole branding issue, as gear is good by itself, no need to associate with a brand that has nothing to do with its business, or an external brand at all, for that matter.

When you say hideous reliability issues, are you talking about the cans or the cars? Please ellaborate on that, if you will.

Jul 3, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #13 of 16

They're pretty Kool!! Thanks for your posting.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I ran across these pics and rather than starting a new thread i thought they should go here. I have a merc yes but older definitely not a 450.
These are WIRELESS ones for the back seat made by AKG. The other thread pictures link  just sends me to some spam prize place.

I don't own them they are just from a post somewhere else. Ebay maybe?
Text from post is : MERCEDES BENZ REAR ENTERTAINMENT HEADPHONES
CAME FROM A MERCEDES BENZ GL450

THIS ITEM RETAILS FOR OVER $242

MERCEDES BENZ WIRELESS HEADSET DVD REAR HEADPHONES

Jul 3, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #14 of 16

Quote:

You are a broken record UE.  Your beloved Sennheiser is a marketing machine, and yet AKG (Harman) are the devil incarnate. Give it a rest.

Jul 3, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #15 of 16
Pretty interesting - didn't know they made phones for cars wonder how they sound
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back