Lime Ears thread - introducing the LE3SW
Jul 17, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #31 of 95
Looking forward to impressions on Aether, in particular of Ultrainferno.

Has anyone compared it to H8P and 5way?

AETHER shipped to me right before Emil left on holidays. I should have it somewhere next week (UPS).

I do have the H8 and will compare it with that for you after I have spent some time with it

Jul 23, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #34 of 95
been extremely enjoying Aether in balanced from the ALO Cdm and ak240 also connected in balanced. Aether sounds really good guys, save up! Review soon

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #35 of 95
I just heard the Aether demo unit today after 120 hours of burn in. My god, this is the best sounding IEM I have ever heard in my entire life. Dripping with musicality and teeming with gobs of resolution, it makes the Layla sound boring and completely trashes my Mezzo tuned K10 in every single technical department. A must listen.

Aug 21, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #36 of 95
  I just heard the Aether demo unit today after 120 hours of burn in. My god, this is the best sounding IEM I have ever heard in my entire life. Dripping with musicality and teeming with gobs of resolution, it makes the Layla sound boring and completely trashes my Mezzo tuned K10 in every single technical department. A must listen.

My have now more than 500h of play and yes, Aether are like a drug!

Aug 23, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #37 of 95
With regards to comparisons between se5 and aether, although I haven't reshelled my se5 yet, I have heard enough of it to do quick impressions with the aether.

Aether is much brighter and thinner than the organic and natural se5.
Se5 has much wider soundstage. However this does not mean that the aether sounds congested. Surprisingly enough, this is the first iem I've heard where the staging is not wide but the insane air and separation between instruments makes it sound like it's competing with the big boys of staging. Imaging is pinpoint accurate.

The switch is very very well implemented, taking little away from the sound signature.

Really liking this iem overall. Would definitely compare the demo to my se5 once I reshell it!

Ran the aether demo out of my ak100 gold and ak100 gold + alo continental v2 stack for reference

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #38 of 95
Aether is officially out now, check Lime Ear's Facebook :)
I'll try to get the review out ASAP, I've been really enjoying the new TOTL for the last 2 months

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #39 of 95
Aether is officially out now, check Lime Ear's Facebook :)
I'll try to get the review out ASAP, I've been really enjoying the new TOTL for the last 2 months

Interested to see what you have to say about it! I was so impressed by the Aether demo unit that I sold my K10s and got a pair :)

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #41 of 95
I've heard a few accounts that it's a brilliant IEM but am struggling to find much information other than that. What kind of signature does the Aether have?

I don't believe that many have had the chance to try them, hence the dearth of impressions.

To my ears out of my MSZX2, the Aether is insanely airy with amazingly resonant mids that stray away from thickness and incredible treble air with tons of sparkle that hardly if ever comes anywhere near sibilance. Beautifully balanced in switch down mode; maintaining a largely flat response with jaw dropping resolution. Switch up turns it into a bass monster; with textured, well extended bass that punches hard but bleeds minimally, if ever, into the other frequencies, with incredible attack and natural decay. The treble also gets a lift to match, increasing its already addictive shimmer.

Can't wait for my pair to arrive, hopefully in the coming week!

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #42 of 95
I don't believe that many have had the chance to try them, hence the dearth of impressions.

To my ears out of my MSZX2, the Aether is insanely airy with amazingly resonant mids that stray away from thickness and incredible treble air with tons of sparkle that hardly if ever comes anywhere near sibilance. Beautifully balanced in switch down mode; maintaining a largely flat response with jaw dropping resolution. Switch up turns it into a bass monster; with textured, well extended bass that punches hard but bleeds minimally, if ever, into the other frequencies, with incredible attack and natural decay. The treble also gets a lift to match, increasing its already addictive shimmer.

My impressions are the same as his

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #43 of 95

Thank you. I'd never heard of them until I saw your comment in the Noble thread. The signature seems to be exactly what I'm searching for so they've definitely piqued my interest.

How do you go about ordering? I don't see Aether on the Lime Ears website and I contacted them via their Facebook page yesterday but have received no response as yet.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #44 of 95
Thank you. I'd never heard of them until I saw your comment in the Noble thread. The signature seems to be exactly what I'm searching for so they've definitely piqued my interest.

How do you go about ordering? I don't see Aether on the Lime Ears website and I contacted them via their Facebook page yesterday but have received no response as yet.

There is one set of impressions on the previous page of the thread and yet another here (Google Translate needed unless you speak Polish): http://audioivoodoo.blogspot.sg/2015/02/lime-ears-aether.html

I bought them through my local Lime Ears dealer. I would expect Emil and his crew to get back to you soon, the level of customer service they have shown has proven to be incredibly cordial and personal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back