Lime Ears thread - introducing the LE3SW
Mar 3, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #16 of 95
The first time I met Karolina and Emil was in July 14'. I ordered reshell service for my good oldie Westone 4R. Reshell took 5 weeks to be completed. I was astonished by the quality of service. Not only of the acrylic shells, which were, and still are perfect, but also the approach to the customer. You can say Emil favours old saying "Our customer is king" :) W4R's got new life. Seal was perfect and it had great influence on the bass. I won't write more about SQ of W4R's because this is not the case. Unfortunately, headphone output of my PC had some direct current which messed my precious headphones. I thought left earpiece got burned. In a meantime I demoed LE3SW and it was mine "error" :) I heard a huge difference compared to reshelled Westone's and you have to remember demo was not a full product. We agreed with Emil to put LE3SW in my old shells, and W4R's components went into new shells for my girlfriend. It turned out that only wiring was affected by DC. It's one of many situations where you can see Emil is very flexible in terms of what can or cannot be done. Now the same shells will be reused for Aether upgrade (still considering whether to keep LE3SW and buy full Aether's).

Now a little bit about LE3SW sound. One sentence that I can describe it with is they are raw. If the recording is badly made, you won't here any good (probably still will be enough though) music with LE3 but on the other hand, if song is perfect LE3 will shine. This is the thing I love most about Emil's headphones. It is also the reason why those headphones aren't for everyone. You need to feel them and this takes time. I had a lot of listening sessions to learn how LE3's can behave. You can say it was an effort that ended with special kind of bound between you and headphones :) I have a huge affection for them and willing to keep them for a long time!

Lime Ears Aether a.k.a LEA :). First approach was spontaneous and very short. After about one minute of listening I knew I needed to stop. It was enough for me to hear the difference. I was glad I didn't listen longer. And... I came back few days after to take them home:) Aether's are in different world but I would say I could hear Emil's flavor. In 60% they share the same components as LE3's. You got CI and TWFK + additional DTEC. Tuning is obviously different. I shouldn't share to much info about the details (wait till official launch), but Emil made something special. It ends with great 3D presentation, a lot of air in the highest tones and low, full bodied, textured bass. Whole frequencies spectrum is well balanced. My jaw dropped few times and still those were only demos - can't wait to here full customs. 

To upgrade or to not and buy full Aether's? I am still hesitating...

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #17 of 95
Kamson, thanks for the info. Did you listen to any other high end CIEM like 5way or Harmony?

As far as I know DTEC driver is allegedly a little bit dry in the mids. Did Emil manage to tune them to overcome this?

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #18 of 95
I am glad I didn't - it's already expensive hobby. I wouldn't say they are dry. Tuning is done with unique build design. For me the mids were more than satisfactonary :)

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #22 of 95
But worth it! Trust me :) I think that the design is more important than the quantity of the drivers...

Mar 4, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #23 of 95
  AmberOZL, I wrote it few posts back and you already commented on it:) AFAIK, it will cost approx. PLN 4,700 which is equivalent of approx. USD 1,300.

Yeah sorry man, I am not really spending lots of time in head-fi and has a lot of problems in my day to day life. I must have simply forgot about it, sorry.

Btw, that's quite a price actually. Let's really hope that it punches way too hard. I am experienced enough to see "more drivers" don't mean "better sound". Tuning and engineering behind it provides the sound.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #24 of 95
AmberOZL, no problem. Hope that you will clean up all your "issues" soon.

Regarding the price. Look at ACS Encore - 5drivers and the price of 800 british pounds. It is hard to find these days 5-6 drivers CIEM for a price below USD1,000.

I agree what was said, more drivers doesn't mean better.

Looking forward to impressions on Aether, in particular of Ultrainferno.

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #25 of 95
Has anyone compared it to H8P and 5way?

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #26 of 95
This guy who reviewed Aether on Polish forum owns Harmony 8 pro and write two or three sentences about the comparison, but is. Very very general.

If you want later during the day I can translate this part into English and send it to you via PM.

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #27 of 95
This guy who reviewed Aether on Polish forum owns Harmony 8 pro and write two or three sentences about the comparison, but is. Very very general.

If you want later during the day I can translate this part into English and send it to you via PM.

Cool, that'd be nice. Thanks in advance!

Apr 25, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #29 of 95
I received my LEA on thursday. Now I am testing "subwoofer" that is in side. It is astonishing what CI driver is capable of if tuned properly! EQ as per picture :p

Moby - "80" and the driver is still fully controlled - this bass is mind blowing :)

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #30 of 95
c54733cdc4afdb9c73668633c2c9b2e2.jpg
Few days with LEA and I can tell for sure you will not regret buying them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back