Lime Ears thread - introducing the LE3SW
Oct 12, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #48 of 95
Can they make a universal version, I've had enough of customs. Too many fit issues.

Wouldn't be surprised if they could make you a universal the same shape as the demo unit. It's REALLY deep fitting thanks to the pretty long nozzle.

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #50 of 95
The review is very accurate! Sounds exactly like what I hear out of mine. 

Finally get to use my Aethers after burning them in for 200 hours and my god are they sublime...they amazingly sound even better than they look!

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #53 of 95
I have just went to demo the new Lime Ears Aether with several other CIEMs. I only have one word for this, AMAZING. It has amazing separation and also very good dynamics. With the switch flipped down, the Aether sounds very neutral and flat but it retains it amazing characteristics of having the natural sounding, wide soundstage, amazing separation and good dynamics. The only other CIEM that can come close to this Aether is the A12 demo from 64audio. 

Once the switch is flipped up, the Aether becomes a totally new IEM as the sound signature is quite different. It still have the amazing characteristics of having the natural sounding, wide soundstage, amazing separation and good dynamics. Its just the bass went up significantly which made it sound warming. The bass reaches real low and deep and also very snappy. I am sorry if my audiophile vocabulary isn't very accurate as I am quite new into this high-end audio world.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #54 of 95
Thanks Emil for the beautiful sounding CIEM!

Some impressions... compared Aether vs  Shure SE846

Treble: Higher frequencies are well extended without ever being too much and never being sibilant.

Mids: The mids are very smooth, with a touch of warmth. The mids on  Shure SE846 are more recessed.This was for me the most important reason to upgrade.

Bass: The low end provides good extension and layering .There is more energy in lower bass with switch on[on faceplates], but SE846 goes deeper.

Stereo imaging is wider, there's more depth  in the sound.
Aether is less sensitive to hiss in the  source. SE 846 is more difficult to drive than Aether, and more  benefits from quality amplification.

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #59 of 95
Try again... The guy's a solo, one of the good guys, but slammed with work and sometimes he misses your email :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back