Lime Ears thread - introducing the LE3SW
Feb 22, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #76 of 95
Feb 22, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #77 of 95
Aether is sublime. Why doesn't no one believe me :sweat_smile:

I believe you. I am gonna audition it. This feature of having a switch to change between a more neutral and bass-enhanced tuning is a feature that attracts me, given the CIEMS I currently own.

Feb 25, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #78 of 95
Hai lieven...how aether compared to ca h8p?

H8P has a lot more focus on the higher sections but it does have little more detail. Aether's treble is inoffensive, the H8P's is rather spicy. Bass and mids have more body in the Aether. While both monitors go low in bass with good layering, the Aether has the real sub body, while the H8P is bass light compared to that. H8P is quality over quantity

I believe you. I am gonna audition it. This feature of having a switch to change between a more neutral and bass-enhanced tuning is a feature that attracts me, given the CIEMS I currently own.

Have you listened to it by now?

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #81 of 95

H8P has a lot more focus on the higher sections but it does have little more detail. Aether's treble is inoffensive, the H8P's is rather spicy. Bass and mids have more body in the Aether. While both monitors go low in bass with good layering, the Aether has the real sub body, while the H8P is bass light compared to that. H8P is quality over quantity

Have you listened to it by now?

Scheduled for tomorrow as soon as I finish my work duties!

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #82 of 95
For all Lime Ears fans, their new flagship is discussed here : http://www.head-fi.org/t/799706/lime-ears-aether-ciem-flagship-discussion-review-and-impressions-thread

And my review for these bad boys is here : http://www.head-fi.org/products/lime-ears-aether/reviews/15581

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #83 of 95

LIME EARS - US CIEM Demo Tour

For those in the US who would like to hear the LE3SW as well as the Aether and LE2, I am starting a tour this month. Just follow the instructions here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/833886/lime-ears-us-ciem-demo-lineup-tour-le2-le3sw-and-aether-starting-february-2017

Oct 18, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #84 of 95
no thread for the new Model X yet?

Oct 18, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #85 of 95
DSC_0094.JPG

Oct 18, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #88 of 95
Yes the EOS. The Model X sounded veiled with stock cable. I usually don't want to go overboard with cable upgrades but I do think Model X benefits from a decent cable (note: doesn't mean over pricey, just not stock!)

Oct 18, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #89 of 95
Yes the EOS. The Model X sounded veiled with stock cable. I usually don't want to go overboard with cable upgrades but I do think Model X benefits from a decent cable (note: doesn't mean over pricey, just not stock!)

hm, I didn't think it sounded veiled, but it definitely improved with a replacement cable.
I too don't like the stock cable...

Oct 18, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #90 of 95
hell yeah I would gladly drop the use of figurative language to indicate what i mean. this audio hobby, so weird, sound can be nicely warm but treble can be too hot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back