Lilith Audio Player
Apr 26, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #376 of 505
prying for a 5.1 to stereo option for ulilith like foobar has. *sigh*,really need this.

anyway since such an option may not happen tomorrow any other ultra quality music player have a  similar  option ?? any vst do this ???

i really love and often used foobar 5.1 to stereo option.but it's just that i love ulilith's sound that much more so hoping... :)

me and leeperry can't be the only ones to hope ulilith adds this feature,right ???? :wink:

May 27, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #377 of 505
Got a few 'beginners' questions.  
happy_face1.gif

1. When turning off upsampling, is there a simpler way of doing it other than going into ulilith settings/ device and ticking all the allowed SR boxes?  With JRMC, for example, you just needed one click to turn upsampling on or off, not several.

2. To use the digital volume attenuation a little without reducing sound quality, select 64 bit Floating Point?

3.  You cannot open a file through windows explorer by making ulilith the default program?   You have to open files from ulilith itself or by 'dragging' files from Windows Explorer?

4. Where can I get more skins from?

Thanks in advance!

(OS is Windows 7, 64 bit. I'm using the latest build of x64 Core 2.7z)

May 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #378 of 505
1. there's an option to toggle upsampling: /audio/sound output/"allow sample rate conversion if needed"

2. the whole audio pipeline is processed in 64fp(VST plugins/lossy audio decoding/volume attenuation) but in the end it has to be converted to 24int anyway(avoid 16int, it's too lossy)....either you let windows(choose 32fp/64fp output) or uLilith(choose 24int output) do it.

3. run Associater.exe and assign all the filetypes you like to uLilith

4. no idea, there are some kawai ones around I think

Quote:
praying for a 5.1 to stereo option for ulilith like foobar has.

whine to the coder as I've been doing since forever, but that most likely will NEVER happen.

May 28, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #379 of 505
Quote:
1. there's an option to toggle upsampling: /audio/sound output/"allow sample rate conversion if needed"

2. the whole audio pipeline is processed in 64fp(VST plugins/lossy audio decoding/volume attenuation) but in the end it has to be converted to 24int anyway(avoid 16int, it's too lossy)....either you let windows(choose 32fp/64fp output) or uLilith(choose 24int output) do it.

3. run Associater.exe and assign all the filetypes you like to uLilith

4. no idea, there are some kawai ones around I think

Thanks for your help

1.  I'm already aware of the 'allow sample rate conversion' box.  But the way it sees to work with ulilith is that to upsample to, say, 192k, you need to deselect all the other SR boxes (eg 44/48/88/96) plus tick the 'allow sample rate' box.   If you then want to turn off upsampling, you have to tick all the bloody individual remaining SR boxes again. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 . Just unticking the 'allow sample rate box' is not enough.

3.  By run associater.exe you simply mean, right-click on a particular file, 'open with', choose default program (ie ulilth) and make sure that 'always use selected program to open this kind of file' box is ticked?  Well, I have to browse to my downloads folder because that's where the ulilith application is- ie it didn't install to C/ program files.  Might that have something to do with it?

May 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #381 of 505
Quote:
SRC sounds bad in uLilith IME, try the DP-1's upsampler instead?

I thought that ulilith sounded better last time I compared, but I'll give it another try :wink:.  You can't do the integer upsampling (whatever it's called) with the DP-1 because it only upsamples to 96/192 and most files are 44khz.

I'm talking about \ulilith\Associater.exe

Ah, brilliant!!  

I think with some other programs, you can make them the default player of particular files through windows explorer without necessarily having to select the associations within the player itself.

May 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #382 of 505
The king of upsampling is Reclock via WASAPI exclusive in "best sinc interpolation" mode anyway 
evil_smiley.gif

It's never been proven that 2X upsampling would do a better job than arbitrary 96/192kHz....neither can it be proven in WaveSpectra. I hate upsampling myself, all it does is flood the DAC oversampling stage w/ bogus interpolated data....shrillness and colored sound is all you'll get IME.

May 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #385 of 505
Quote:
I hate upsampling myself, all it does is flood the DAC oversampling stage w/ bogus interpolated data....shrillness and colored sound is all you'll get IME.

Through my (older 
redface.gif
 ) ears, the difference is more subtle than pronounced.

BTW, I only upsample MP3.  Being a dance music aficionado, I'm unable to avoid lossy files if I want to listen to other's mixes, and various links.

Anyhow, big thumbs up for ulilith. It's a great player, despite the silly name 
etysmile.gif

May 28, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #386 of 505
Most of you use foobar 2000 with either the asio or kernel streaming configuration, at least I hope you all do. But I've recently found a new player recommended by a fellow audiophile. It is called Lilith and it is made by the Japanese software developers project9k. I'd even say this audio player ranks high up there with the famous foobar2000.

Here is the guide. It's for X-fi users, but its basically the same set-up if you have a different sound card.

ASIO Native Soundcard(X-Fi) with Lilith Music Software - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Use this link to download Lilith
Translated version of http://www.project9k.jp/

(Update) 9/23/2011 

Tomoyo found the english version of Lilith

Use this link to download the latest 32bit edition http://www.project9k.jp/download/uLilith/2011-09-15_x86.7z

Thanks for this.

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #387 of 505
Tried Ulilith and IMO it sounds better than Foobar (ASIO or Wasapi).  I'm very happy with the SQ improvements but wished there was a skin for large window size - which would make the playlist much more convenient and easier to scroll...

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #388 of 505
Quote:
Tried Ulilith and IMO it sounds better than Foobar (ASIO or Wasapi).  I'm very happy with the SQ improvements but wished there was a skin for large window size - which would make the playlist much more convenient and easier to scroll...

I was about to make exactly the same point 
regular_smile .gif

I'd ideally like there to be an option for filling the whole screen (or at least bigger) for viewing from the couch a few feet away, with a wireless mouse.  Of course, this would mean increasing font size along with window size.

If not uLilith, anyone know any players that can do this? (e.g. J River has a theatre mode that makes it bigger for viewing from distance, if you are willing to pay for the player itself)

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #389 of 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainFood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If not uLilith, anyone know any players that can do this? (e.g. J River has a theatre mode that makes it bigger for viewing from distance, if you are willing to pay for the player itself)

Bump 
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back