Lilith Audio Player
Jan 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #362 of 505
How do you uninstall Lilith in Windows 7 ?  Doesn't show up in list of programs, nor have an uninstaller.  Should I simply delete the folder where it downloaded?

Jan 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #363 of 505
If it didn't install, there's no need to uninstall. Just delete it. As for file associations (in case you let uLilith handle it,) just run whatever program you're switching to and let it work its magic.

Jan 29, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #364 of 505
Well, I deleted the installation folder (in the place where my downloads go to) but noticed it still left a different folder in AppData/ Roaming.  Have deleted that too.  

BTW, I'm only getting rid of it because I've experienced some driver instabilities and I want to eliminate all possible causes.

Briefly comparing ulilith to my regular Foobar 2000, I found it to be slightly more prominent in the top frequencies, as if leading edges were slightly better defined.  I preferred this subtle increase in liveliness over Foobar.  Please take that with a grain of salt, however, because comparisons were brief and I have also been playing with a new spdif converter and different drivers.

Jan 29, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #366 of 505

Quote:

It's not possible for a program like uLilith to cause any kind of driver instabilities when it isn't running.

I'm sure you are right but I also want to set up MPC, safe in the knowledge that nothing else is interfering with it.  Thanks anyway for your concerns.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #368 of 505
I was a little behind on the updates. I see there's a new option in the device settings when outputting through WASAPI: Event driven / Timer driven. What's the difference between these two?

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #370 of 505
I'd be interested in hearing your opinions when you're done testing.

I'm guessing the timer driven mode is somehow more desirable. Another question for someone knowledgeable enough to answer, how does the latency setting tie into this? Lower = better or is it a little more complex?

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #371 of 505
First of all, my current setup: Auzentech Prelude SPDIF out -> Meier StageDAC -> Meier Cantate -> 1 m Cardas cable -> Sennheiser HD800. WASAPI is used in both ReClock and uLilith.

After several days of comparison, I've noticed these (slight) differences between uLilith and MPCHC-ReClock-madFLAC:

Reclock: lush, detailed, organic sound. However, soundstage seems to be slightly closed in and diffuse. The sound is intimate and intense, instruments are big and "in your face" with little space in between. This leads me to think ReClock may raise the volume somehow as the effect is similar. There also seems to be less energy in highs, nothing is ever sibilant, even badly recorded songs that should be. It makes the HD800 sound more HD650-ish.

uLilith: soundstage is just amazing, almost holographic. Instruments can be pinpointed. The sound breathes, there is more air and highs are slightly more prominent. Very clean and clear.

I'm still not sure which one I prefer but I'm slowly leaning toward uLilith. It's a more relaxing presentation with a wide open soundstage that just sounds right.

I briefly also listened to XXHighEnd but it's a hassle to get to work and still crashes quite often. It sounded good, more similar to uLilith than ReClock.

Disclaimer: all these impressions may well be placebo, state of mind, tired ears, etc, and are not to be taken as fact.

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #372 of 505
Did you try jplay? Anyway, uLilith is so convenient to use(native 64fp VST plugins support, "open current folder" in the right-click menu of any audio file) and sounds so good via native ASIO/WASAPI excl. that I really can't be hassled trying anything else. Reclock can't do gapless, so it's a no-go either way. And most audiophool players require CUE/M3U files
rolleyes.gif

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #373 of 505

Quote:
uLilith is so convenient to use(native 64fp VST plugins support, "open current folder" in the right-click menu of any audio file) and sounds so good via native ASIO/WASAPI excl. that I really can't be hassled trying anything else. Reclock can't do gapless, so it's a no-go either way. And most audiophool players require CUE/M3U files
rolleyes.gif

+1. You have expressed my thoughts, also. 

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #375 of 505
Did you try jplay?

Unfortunately jplay doesn't get along with my sound card. It doesn't support kernel streaming so jplay only shows wasapi output. However, when I try to play a file jplay gives an error message that it couldn't initialize the device for kernel streaming. Other users have reported the bug on their forum as well, maybe it'll be fixed in future versions.

One minor gripe with uLilith this far: column widths and positions in the playlist don't get saved. I have to manually rearrange them to my liking every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back