Lightning to USB-C - For Audeze and other lightning headphones
Nov 6, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #46 of 62
Has anyone ran into issue where you try to do "bit perfect" playback and it has issue? I am not able to get it to work with exclusive access and bit perfect for UAPP or HiBy Music Player. It makes everything play back SUPER slowwwwwwww.

I have confirmed I have no issue with other USB Dac's - issue is only with this Dongle. Has anyone else seen this?

Have you been able to make it work? I'm having the same problem. I switched 'bit perfect' off on UAPP but everything's still in super slow motion.

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #47 of 62
Doesn't work in that fashion. Cannot give exclusive access to apps with the cipher cable. Don't think it's necessary, as the cipher cable isn't bit-perfect to begin with. It uses built in DSP, it's possibly a reason why bit-perfect mode doesn't work.
it should still be able to get exclusive access to bypass the Android Stack. However that doesn't work either. Which sucks on Android. On IOS it just does it automaticly. I have a Ipad and it works great.

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #49 of 62
@billbishere, could you get it to work on Android in any form (even if it's not bit perfect)?
Yes if it goes through the android stack. So basically hitting cancel when an app asks for access. Poweramp is the only one that works exsclsive ... Not sure why.

Actually think it had more to do with the Dongle that is used for USBc from Lightening. Because it works on IOS exclusive. And also Poweramp. So it's the dongle I am guessing

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #50 of 62
Yes if it goes through the android stack. So basically hitting cancel when an app asks for access. Poweramp is the only one that works exsclsive ... Not sure why.

Actually think it had more to do with the Dongle that is used for USBc from Lightening. Because it works on IOS exclusive. And also Poweramp. So it's the dongle I am guessing
Are you not using UAPP?
On UAPP it doesn't ask for access so I have nothing to cancel. Also, I tried changing the "internal audio driver" to Original Android Driver instead of HiRes, but that changed nothing. And like I said before, I also tried disabling "bit perfect" but that also didn't work.
I just tried PowerAmp and it works! Didn't even know it could play to USB...
P.S. volume on PowerAmp is ridiculously low. Is it just me again?

EDIT: I didn't realize I allowed UAPP to access the CIPHER's USB device as a default the first time I plugged it in. Turns out this is also what caused all of the volume problems too.
Clearing the default and canceling each time like @billbishere suggested did the trick.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #55 of 62

Attachments

• Capture Lightning to USB-C OTG.JPG
    Capture Lightning to USB-C OTG.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 10, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #58 of 62
I have purchased the Anker adapter and it works for both Windows 10 (ACER Swift 3 Laptop) and for a Galaxy S8. One strange thing about it: For both Windows and Android, the relative volume is very high. If volume is set at level 1 (one step above mute), volume is too loud for my ears. Going above 1, of course, it only gets louder. I can turn volume down in apps such as Youtube, but volume can't be adjusted in Spotify on S8. Anyone know what might be causing the default high amplitude and can the relative volume levels be adjusted somehow? Hope this makes sense. Thank you.

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #59 of 62
I have purchased the Anker adapter and it works for both Windows 10 (ACER Swift 3 Laptop) and for a Galaxy S8. One strange thing about it: For both Windows and Android, the relative volume is very high. If volume is set at level 1 (one step above mute), volume is too loud for my ears. Going above 1, of course, it only gets louder. I can turn volume down in apps such as Youtube, but volume can't be adjusted in Spotify on S8. Anyone know what might be causing the default high amplitude and can the relative volume levels be adjusted somehow? Hope this makes sense. Thank you.

Yea it's just really loud an annoying. Happens on everything idk why.

I don't use my el-8 ti anymore though they gather dust I should really sell them.

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #60 of 62
Thank you for your feedback @The Torrent . I have the LCD-i3 and it came with the BT adapter too so I can use that for my windows and android. Maybe Audeze will read this and perhaps one day provide a USB-C Cipher that will work on windows and android with proper adjustments. Sad thing is new model of devices have been removing the 3.5mm inputs. Luckily S8 has that as an option. In the meantime, maybe I can find an android app or eq that might can help me adjust the default gain level (set a negative value) perhaps. If I find anything or if someone knows of a gain adjustment app, please let us know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back