Lightning to micro USB alternatives (aka tired of bulky Apple cables)
Sep 11, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #46 of 76
Updated first post for iOS 11.4.1 (still working on all my devices/cables).

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #48 of 76
Just to confirm that Meenova cable works fine on iOS 12 & Iphone X
Thanks. Confirm that both Meenova cables and the blue Penon cables work on my devices running iOS12.

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #52 of 76
Hi could someone confirm that an iPhone could be connected to a Mojo or Hugo2 with an Audioquest lightning to USB A cable AND an Audioquest dragon tail (USB A to Micro USB)? Thanks all very much

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #53 of 76
Quick update lavricable doesn’t work with iOS 13 and or any updates so far. My usage is only with iPhone 10 and iPhone11 pro. I spoke to lavricable and they told me they have no plans to update and they didn’t offer a fix :frowning2:

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #54 of 76
Please do not mislead other users with incorrect info!

The only thing you are right is that our lightning cable does not support ipad pro and iphone 11 pro at the moment. It looks like a software issue and since we are not manufacturer of the chips we have already contacted supplier for a fix/ workaround.

As to iphone xs and latest ios13.1.3 or any other model or ios versions, they are all supported!

Oct 31, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #55 of 76
Im sorry it’s not my intention to miss lead, so just to clarify, my comments are based on my experiences. As you can see from my previous contributions i have been a fan and have endorsed this cable on several occasions in this thread and others, but I thought other headfiers might find hearing about my experience useful when making the decision as to which cable to buy, after all the lavricable is one of most costly options.

I have tested the lavricable on my iPhone 10 and 11pro using the various iterations of iOS 13 including the latest version 13.2 with both my chord hugo2 and mojo.The cable has not worked with the 11pro at all. It has worked with iPhone 10 for since i bought the cable about 18 months ago, but has not worked since i since iOS 13.1 and beyond. I have also tested with my wife’s iphone7 running latest 13.2 and it does not work with the lavricable either. iPad Air 2 running iOS 12.4.3 does not work either.

The meenova cable works with all these devices as does the 2 year old Apple adapter.

the only conclusions i can draw are that the lavricable is not compatible with the most recent iOS firmware or their is a fault with the cable.

@lavricables i have no axe to grind, i was a fan of the cable but the example I have does not work in any of these situations. I’m open to suggestions as to a fix and I’d be interested in the meantime to hear from anyone else on here who has the cable and is running it on current iOS. :)

Nov 1, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #56 of 76
hi,

sounds like an issue with particular cable. It looks like that you haven't even contacted us about that since we haven't received any emails about iphone X or XS or ipad air2 incompatibility.
if fact we have just tried several cables with Hugo2 and iphone XS on ios13.1.3 and 13.2, all works perfectly as it should.

in order to help you pls email us order number.

BR

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #57 of 76
hi,

sounds like an issue with particular cable. It looks like that you haven't even contacted us about that since we haven't received any emails about iphone X or XS or ipad air2 incompatibility.
if fact we have just tried several cables with Hugo2 and iphone XS on ios13.1.3 and 13.2, all works perfectly as it should.

in order to help you pls email us order number.

BR

Hi BR, sorry i did contact you via FB Messenger on 22nd Oct and you mentioned there was not work around at the moment, but if you think now it may be the cable. I'll drop you an email with the my order number tomorrow. I really like this cable so if there is a solution then great. :)

Nov 2, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #58 of 76
As another data point, Meenova Lightning-to-MicroUSB Cable G2, 6" black working fine connecting an iPhone 11 on iOS 13.2 to a Mojo.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #59 of 76
Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #60 of 76
Please do not mislead other users with incorrect info!

The only thing you are right is that our lightning cable does not support ipad pro and iphone 11 pro at the moment. It looks like a software issue and since we are not manufacturer of the chips we have already contacted supplier for a fix/ workaround.

As to iphone xs and latest ios13.1.3 or any other model or ios versions, they are all supported!

Waiting for your updates. I am thinking of Lightning --> Micro, USB C --> Micro and a longer version of USB C --> Micro for MacBook Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back