Light Harmonic GEEK
Dec 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #214 of 1,658
Any update on release or ship date.  I know the plan is some time in January but I'm hoping like Christmas.    Larry?  

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #215 of 1,658
Dec 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #217 of 1,658
I have a few noob questions;

About the Geek itself:

- Will this sound better than any PC grade sound cards ? (like the Auzentech Hometheater HD) ?
- Will the Geek sound better then, lets say, a PC + Pioneer Receiver (SC-35) (all by HDMI) ?
- I have an DT990 600ohms versions in the setup above, will the Geek be able to drive it ?
- I believe that a Windows Driver will be avaliable for us pc users ?
- The Geek will have an internal or external powersupply ?
- The PS will be AC/AC, AC/DC ?

About the international shipping

- Can we choose the shipping method ? (like Fedex, USPS and etc) ?

Thanks for the help and patience 
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #218 of 1,658
  I have a few noob questions;

About the Geek itself:

- Will this sound better than any PC grade sound cards ? (like the Auzentech Hometheater HD) ?
- Will the Geek sound better then, lets say, a PC + Pioneer Receiver (SC-35) (all by HDMI) ?
- I have an DT990 600ohms versions in the setup above, will the Geek be able to drive it ?

About the international shipping

- Can we choose the shipping method ? (like Fedex, USPS and etc) ?

Thanks for the help and patience 
biggrin.gif

You should take a look at the website for it at mustgeekout.com.  Most of your questions are answered there, plus a lot of good info is linked to (their blog is quite good).  

Only a few people have heard the prototypes so subjective impressions are few and rough.  It should be at least as good, and most likely better than any nice soundcard.  In all likelihood it has a better DAC chipset than in your Pioneer, but there is a chance you prefer your receiver.  The 600ohm Beyers might be too much to ask for the basic GEEK and you will have to take a look at the step up Super GEEK if it is still available.  Yes, a USB driver, if needed, will be provided.  The GEEK is powered by the USB port it is plugged into.  No idea about shipping, but most likely not.  

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #219 of 1,658
I assumed you asked about the Geek Pulse since you were talking about AC/DC power.
Quote:

About the Geek itself:

Supposed to be, if not why are we spending the money for it? An external dac always make the sound better because they are not being affected by the noise inside the PC, and have better design.
Answer above
Technical speaking, they have enough power to drive it
Must be!
External, provided within the package. However, there is an option for upgraded PS
AC/DC

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #220 of 1,658
  You should take a look at the website for it at mustgeekout.com.  Most of your questions are answered there, plus a lot of good info is linked to (their blog is quite good).  

Only a few people have heard the prototypes so subjective impressions are few and rough.  It should be at least as good, and most likely better than any nice soundcard.  In all likelihood it has a better DAC chipset than in your Pioneer, but there is a chance you prefer your receiver.  The 600ohm Beyers might be too much to ask for the basic GEEK and you will have to take a look at the step up Super GEEK if it is still available.  Yes, a USB driver, if needed, will be provided.  The GEEK is powered by the USB port it is plugged into.  No idea about shipping, but most likely not.  

So the Desktop GEEK (not the small USB pendrive style) is what is under crowfunding correct ?

ill wait for more impressions on the Super Geek prototype before join in.

Thanks for the help guys.

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #221 of 1,658

So the Desktop GEEK (not the small USB pendrive style) is what is under crowfunding correct ?

ill wait for more impressions on the Super Geek prototype before join in.

Thanks for the help guys.

Yes. The Geek Pulse is still funding for another 10 days. The Geek Out funding was completed in September.

Dec 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #222 of 1,658
Out of curiosity, has anyone seen an image of the slacker USB extension? I'm curious about it since the Geek Pulse campaign has this for the description: "Slacker Mini is a small USB extension for your Geek Out. It features a 360 degree ball joint, so your Geek Out can always point in the direction you want it without fear of damaging the USB connector." How would a cable include a 360º ball joint? The image on the Kickstarter page shows what looks to me like a standard everyday USB extension cable.

Dec 10, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #223 of 1,658
  Out of curiosity, has anyone seen an image of the slacker USB extension? I'm curious about it since the Geek Pulse campaign has this for the description: "Slacker Mini is a small USB extension for your Geek Out. It features a 360 degree ball joint, so your Geek Out can always point in the direction you want it without fear of damaging the USB connector." How would a cable include a 360º ball joint? The image on the Kickstarter page shows what looks to me like a standard everyday USB extension cable.

Dec 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #225 of 1,658
  Hmm, a 6" cable version of that could be interesting. Wonder if that's similar to the final slacker design.

That is the image that LHlabs posted with their announcement so I would assume it will be very similar if not identical.  The Slacker looks like a normal short extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back