Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jun 20, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #5,327 of 5,933
I have a substantive question:

The latest update shows various versions of the Wave. The perks I funded don't completely correspond to any of them. What is the appropriate venue to discuss this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 20, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #5,328 of 5,933
I'm with Jud. The Wave64 that I funded has mysteriously disappeared from the specs sheet. Am I to expect a request from LHL for more $ to 'upgrade' to a Wave128 like you did to the Wave32 backers?
And you wonder why there is a bit of vitriol on here and other sites.

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #5,330 of 5,933
I'm pretty happy with my FiiO M11, so if this thing ever does materialize I think I will sell it as a curiosity.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #5,332 of 5,933
I have a substantive question:

The latest update shows various versions of the Wave. The perks I funded don't completely correspond to any of them. What is the appropriate venue to discuss this?

The Wave has obviously been consolidated. They have been thinking of this for some time. There was no way the original specs could be produced....I don't think they can be produced as consolidated. They need 3 versions max...maybe even 2. LH/LHL has no production plan anyway, there is just no money.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #5,334 of 5,933
LH Labs does not intend to make money with a 6k IEM. They are doing in Asia exactly what they did in the USA. They are building something very expensive in order to market themselves (remember their 50K Dacs?). Their real intention is to sell something much cheaper than the Oscars to an Asian market who is totally unaware of what happened in the USA. Same guy, same strategy.

Actually, I think Light Harmonic wants to make sales of these and similarly overpriced items in markets that are not aware of the LHL gong show. This is another get rich quick scheme to raise money to help pay off IGG sales.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #5,335 of 5,933
That's my guess but as of this second I have no confirmation. I didn't have a chance to chat over that with Larry before I posted it this morning. People have been asking LHL to consolidate the Waves forever though.

It's not a guess...the specs have changed, it has happened. What will be interesting is if LH screws up the now smaller group of Wave variants....what are the Vegas odds on that??

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #5,337 of 5,933
The Wave has obviously been consolidated. They have been thinking of this for some time. There was no way the original specs could be produced....I don't think they can be produced as consolidated. They need 3 versions max...maybe even 2. LH/LHL has no production plan anyway, there is just no money.

Yes, I think that has been the case for quite a long time. I believe consolidated versions were first shown in similar format in an earlier update, though I don't recall off the top of my head whether they were the same as these.

At that time, in response to questions, LHL said both that no one would miss out on any perks, they would be upgraded in order to consolidate; and also that no one would wind up paying any more for their version than another customer had. Obviously both of these could not be true (without partial refunds or some other compensation, which were not mentioned).

That's why I asked what LHL was planning to do in this (my) situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back