Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Mar 2, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #5,102 of 5,933
To whoever thinks that interview will actually take place, I want to try what you're smoking.

Mar 13, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #5,106 of 5,933
Just get it done, or refund us.

Refunds are NEVER going to happen, so everyone should just get over this fact. I'm not saying the Wave player will be delivered (still hopeful about that, but maybe that's just me being foolish again foolishly optimistic), or if not, some other type of compensation might be offered (very doubtful about that) but the money has all been spent and LH Labs isn't even in business anymore, so people should just stop asking for refunds.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

Mar 13, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #5,107 of 5,933
Refunds are NEVER going to happen, so everyone should just get over this fact. I'm not saying the Wave player will be delivered (still hopeful about that, but maybe that's just me being foolish again foolishly optimistic), or if not, some other type of compensation might be offered (very doubtful about that) but the money has all been spent and LH Labs isn't even in business anymore, so people should just stop asking for refunds.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

I can’t even get a $120 refund for the 2TB Source SE upgrade they screwed me over.
Larry stopped responding to emails over a year ago. They can’t even afford $120 let alone any other refund.
We’re never seeing our Waves and even if we do it’ll be a useless POS like all their other products.

How this company ever made a 25k DAC beggars belief, then again we got screwed and scammed with what we bought. Their quality control is the poops.

Just useless all around

Mar 13, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #5,108 of 5,933
So when I go to the Geek Wave IGG page now, the comment section says "You must Contribute to this campaign to post a comment." despite the fact that I've dumped somewhere around $700 in to this tire fire, as confirmed by my IGG campaign contribution records. I've noticed there haven't been any posts there for 17 days now so I'm guessing it's not just me that's subject to this.

I have to say that beyond what's gone on with this campaign I'm incredibly disappointed that communication is being entirely stifled now too. I've taken quite a bit time over the last 5 years to post what I think have been thoughtful, constructive comments across several venues including two (or three? I've lost count) LH Labs official forums, the IGG page comments section, and more recently here. If you saw someone asking LH to cut the number of Wave models to less than 5 so they could get them out the door, that was probably me.

It dawned on me recently that if a company had taken $1,665,254 from a single investor and frittered it away that they'd probably be subject to a pretty vicious lawsuit, but if they do it from a few thousand "crowdfunders" they're somehow exempt from consequences. Instead we get 180 "updates" spread over 5 years and endless equivocating that has amounted to nothing.

Aside from expressing my (what I think is) justified frustration in my posts in these various venues, I've always refrained from slander and ad hominem attacks, etc. But I think removing my voice on the platform where I originally backed the Wave project is the straw that breaks the camel's back, especially in light of the fact that LH has now blown through yet another self-imposed deadline with the 1/23/2019 update saying "We will update you when we have more information, hopefully in the next 30 days or so." and not a peep with almost twice that duration having passed.

So I guess I'll be examining whatever (if any) legal redress there is available to me to get my money back, but in the meantime I would strongly encourage LH to either get this thing finished in the next quarter, or offer refunds or other gear in lieu of what we perked for - like I said in my previous message on this thread, I'd gladly take a pair of the Stella IEMs to walk away from this omnishambles.

Mar 13, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #5,109 of 5,933
So when I go to the Geek Wave IGG page now, the comment section says "You must Contribute to this campaign to post a comment." despite the fact that I've dumped somewhere around $700 in to this tire fire, as confirmed by my IGG campaign contribution records. I've noticed there haven't been any posts there for 17 days now so I'm guessing it's not just me that's subject to this.

I have to say that beyond what's gone on with this campaign I'm incredibly disappointed that communication is being entirely stifled now too. I've taken quite a bit time over the last 5 years to post what I think have been thoughtful, constructive comments across several venues including two (or three? I've lost count) LH Labs official forums, the IGG page comments section, and more recently here. If you saw someone asking LH to cut the number of Wave models to less than 5 so they could get them out the door, that was probably me.

It dawned on me recently that if a company had taken $1,665,254 from a single investor and frittered it away that they'd probably be subject to a pretty vicious lawsuit, but if they do it from a few thousand "crowdfunders" they're somehow exempt from consequences. Instead we get 180 "updates" spread over 5 years and endless equivocating that has amounted to nothing.

Aside from expressing my (what I think is) justified frustration in my posts in these various venues, I've always refrained from slander and ad hominem attacks, etc. But I think removing my voice on the platform where I originally backed the Wave project is the straw that breaks the camel's back, especially in light of the fact that LH has now blown through yet another self-imposed deadline with the 1/23/2019 update saying "We will update you when we have more information, hopefully in the next 30 days or so." and not a peep with almost twice that duration having passed.

So I guess I'll be examining whatever (if any) legal redress there is available to me to get my money back, but in the meantime I would strongly encourage LH to either get this thing finished in the next quarter, or offer refunds or other gear in lieu of what we perked for - like I said in my previous message on this thread, I'd gladly take a pair of the Stella IEMs to walk away from this omnishambles.
I saw this as well, and ‘conveniently’ you can’t add comments. I pledged for the Wave and received a (meh) vanilla Pulse so I did in fact contribute. Wonder if they shut this down on purpose or maybe IGG isn’t aware?
My $ is on they shut down comments on purpose. We aren’t going away LH Labs........

Mar 13, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #5,110 of 5,933
Time to say again please enter your information on a sheet by and for LHL customers, if you haven't already done so. More info here: https://bit.ly/2UHt7sQ

Mar 14, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #5,113 of 5,933
IGG comments not working has zero to do with LHL. LHL does not control IGG or have any influence on them. And LHL cannot shut down the comment system.

Another update is coming soon for Wave.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #5,115 of 5,933
Actually now is the time for the obligatory "over the last 30 days or so we haven't done a thing due to delivery/supplier issues, staff confusion, no money, and the design not working"

The whole Q&A thing was just delay tactic to quiet everyone up....Larry has no intention of answering anything so he won't incriminate himself.

Why am I not surprised?

#Iwantarefundlh

IGG comments not working has zero to do with LHL. LHL does not control IGG or have any influence on them. And LHL cannot shut down the comment system.

Another update is coming soon for Wave.

Soon? How about a date? Maybe a refund date?

Any update needs to provide details as to how LH is going to fund production and when it is likely to occur. Soon has always meant some pittance to show that an update is made at the very edge of what is acceptable....will you guarantee something substantial or are you just guessing?

You do realize the half-decade mark is coming up for many backers...

I can’t even get a $120 refund for the 2TB Source SE upgrade they screwed me over.
Larry stopped responding to emails over a year ago. They can’t even afford $120 let alone any other refund.
We’re never seeing our Waves and even if we do it’ll be a useless POS like all their other products.

How this company ever made a 25k DAC beggars belief, then again we got screwed and scammed with what we bought. Their quality control is the ****s.

Just useless all around

The $120 is even more telling that their ability to actually run a production line is about nil. They aren't even running on a shoestring budget. It is day-to-day for everything.

They could design the best DAP ever but if they can't afford to produce it then who cares? Jarek has said many times over there is no money...so don't expect they can afford a production line let alone warranty support.

[merged]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back