Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Feb 16, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #5,071 of 5,933
I've posted the one question I have in answer to the same request over at Audiophile Style, but thought I'd mention it here to avoid someone else duplicating it:

Will Larry Ho and LHL agree to an independent audit, to be done by one or more CPAs selected by contributors, to determine how the money contributed to LHL for the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaigns was spent?

Feb 16, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #5,073 of 5,933
Bump.

I know we're not yet at a fraction of the folks who contributed to LHL campaigns and didn't receive product, so please do provide your info if you haven't yet. Thanks!

Emailed. Thanks for building this spreadsheet.

Ok, stuck limo, . . . for you all to give anyone continued false hopes just seems to be an overly cruel thing to do.

This ^^^

Feb 16, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #5,074 of 5,933
Emailed. Thanks for building this spreadsheet.

Thanks for participating.

Can't take credit for building and maintaining the spreadsheet - marflao made it a reality.

Feb 16, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #5,075 of 5,933
Who’s doing the Q&A? If it’s you Jarek it’s useless since you only know what your told.
If it’s Larry, unless he’s hooked up to a polygraph I won’t trust a word from his lying scamming lips.

So what’s the point of this?

Which is why the question I want asked at the interview is whether they'll allow an independent audit.

Feb 17, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #5,077 of 5,933
subbed to this thread. same on other forums. I'm curious to see how long this thread will go un-edited and remain open by head-fi mods. Clearly, this movement is gaining traction in an effort to see a bit of justice. At minimum, leaving a historical record for consumers (which will gain some steam on google searches) is a good idea.

Score one for the lowly audio consumer!

Feb 17, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #5,078 of 5,933
Bump.

I know we're not yet at a fraction of the folks who contributed to LHL campaigns and didn't receive product, so please do provide your info if you haven't yet. Thanks!

I too sent my info. Thanks for the reminder. It is easy to let these things slip. Besides I had done a pretty good job of burying the thought of the exact amount of money I lost on the LHL campaigns.
I hate myself for getting sucked in like I did.

Feb 17, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #5,079 of 5,933
Post your questions you'd like to see answered in a Q&A session. Keep in mind:
Any questions you submit may or may not be edited (or included) for brevity, clarity, and for civility.

Back from holidays in Jamaica! Do I have questions...yes. Sadly they have never been answered before...but here here they are:

1. What happened to the millions raised? Please provide an account of all funds from all campaigns (e.g., salary, property, R&D, travel).
  2. Why was Gavin permitted to leave when he was the campaign owner? If he was allowed to leave what's stopping Larry from doing the same?
  3. What is Larry's current relationship with Gavin?
  4. How much of the $ raised was taken by Gavin as an agreement to leave?
  5. There has been a lot of staff LHL turnover...how much severance was paid to previous staff?
  6. Now that LHL is defunct, what is the funding plan from LH? That is, how much of any dollars raised by LH goes to LHL IGG campaigns? There must be some sort of plan.
  7. Why were there a few so-called release candidate Waves that never saw the light of day? Why were they not finished?
  8. Is there really an Asian investor? If so, how much $ has been invested?
  9. What does the Asian investor think of the current mess of a situation?
  10. Does IGG know that LHL is out of business and that LHL staff (the ones left) routinely say everything from the campaigns was a disaster?
  11. How will warranty service be provided by LH? Can LH even afford it?
  12. What is the current financial health of LH?
  13. Will you provide refunds to those who want out?
  14. Does Larry/LH/Asian Investor/whoever have a clue as to WHEN production will commence?
  15. What are the statistics on the products made? That is, for each campaign, the total number of orders, the numbers in production, the numbers shipped.
  16. Where is the funding coming from for Larry to keep travelling to China?
  17. Have you been in touch with IGG to let them know of the situation and to try and find a professional solution that will not take another half decade? I want my money back BTW.

I'm not betting Larry will answer much....the hole is way to deep.

And another bump for the spreadsheet....please fill it out!

https://bit.ly/2UHt7sQ

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #5,080 of 5,933
My question is: How can you screw up a multi-million dollar campaign for a simple DAP so bad?

If I'm understanding correctly, you are outsourcing the manufacturing to some factories in Asia, so you're not even putting any money towards manufacturing devices and production lines yourself.

Since I've backed the campaign I've graduated, started a new career, gotten engaged, have that relationship end after several years, found the most amazing woman on earth and started a new relationship with her. There's talk of buying a house, getting married and making babies.
I wonder how many of those goals I'll hit before we see how this campaign ends?

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #5,081 of 5,933
Post your questions you'd like to see answered in a Q&A session. Keep in mind:
Any questions you submit may or may not be edited (or included) for brevity, clarity, and for civility.

I presume you “collect” all questions posted on all the various forums hence do you mind sharing (google doc/spreadsheet) them therefore we can see them at a glance?

My questions to Larry:

Do you consider yourself an honest and decent person?
What kind of values will you teach your kid(s)?

Edit:
Can Larry share an overview of all intended-to-be-produced items (which different Waves/ViDACs/amps/etc.)?

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #5,082 of 5,933
Back from holidays in Jamaica! Do I have questions...yes. Sadly they have never been answered before...but here here they are:

1. What happened to the millions raised? Please provide an account of all funds from all campaigns (e.g., salary, property, R&D, travel).
  2. Why was Gavin permitted to leave when he was the campaign owner? If he was allowed to leave what's stopping Larry from doing the same?
  3. What is Larry's current relationship with Gavin?
  4. How much of the $ raised was taken by Gavin as an agreement to leave?
  5. There has been a lot of staff LHL turnover...how much severance was paid to previous staff?
  6. Now that LHL is defunct, what is the funding plan from LH? That is, how much of any dollars raised by LH goes to LHL IGG campaigns? There must be some sort of plan.
  7. Why were there a few so-called release candidate Waves that never saw the light of day? Why were they not finished?
  8. Is there really an Asian investor? If so, how much $ has been invested?
  9. What does the Asian investor think of the current mess of a situation?
  10. Does IGG know that LHL is out of business and that LHL staff (the ones left) routinely say everything from the campaigns was a disaster?
  11. How will warranty service be provided by LH? Can LH even afford it?
  12. What is the current financial health of LH?
  13. Will you provide refunds to those who want out?
  14. Does Larry/LH/Asian Investor/whoever have a clue as to WHEN production will commence?
  15. What are the statistics on the products made? That is, for each campaign, the total number of orders, the numbers in production, the numbers shipped.
  16. Where is the funding coming from for Larry to keep travelling to China?
  17. Have you been in touch with IGG to let them know of the situation and to try and find a professional solution that will not take another half decade? I want my money back BTW.

+1 on questions 7, 11, 12, 17

The rest are either too complex for a Q&A format, have already been answered well enough, or are irrelevant IMO. I urge everyone to be thoughtful with their suggestions and not just throw out anything you can think of. What needs to happen to get us our Waves? Anything more will dilute the interview into a Larry excuse-a-thon.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #5,083 of 5,933
@Lookin4Treble

Thanks for your post. I do think Larry needs to provide an accounting of where the funds went. Nearly $6million needs to be accounted for...it just does.

But to your point, my question 6, "Now that LHL is defunct, what is the funding plan from LH? That is, how much of any dollars raised by LH goes to LHL IGG campaigns? There must be some sort of plan." Is probably the most pertinent going forward. Jarek has said LH only has the ability to produce units across campaigns as "funding permits." This implies there is a funding plan somewhere within the LH company...If not, then production of all products will be haphazard, likely taking many, many years to complete. It is not just the Waves that need funding...it is all the other stuff they have bungled.

Regardless, I don't think Larry will agree to answer questions anyway, and if he does they will be superficial answers. He does not want to come off giving evidence of any wrongdoing so all answers will be sanitized.

I wouldn't mind interviewing Larry....Jarek has my number :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #5,084 of 5,933
My question is: How can you screw up a multi-million dollar campaign for a simple DAP so bad?

If I'm understanding correctly, you are outsourcing the manufacturing to some factories in Asia, so you're not even putting any money towards manufacturing devices and production lines yourself.

Since I've backed the campaign I've graduated, started a new career, gotten engaged, have that relationship end after several years, found the most amazing woman on earth and started a new relationship with her. There's talk of buying a house, getting married and making babies.
I wonder how many of those goals I'll hit before we see how this campaign ends?

How could they screw it up? This comes to mind for me:

1. Way too much hype and trying to go viral
2. No oversight of funding $ taken in....none whatsoever!
3. Too many ideas and not enough focusing on the original idea...we wanted a good DAP...not 1,000 versions of a DAP.
4. Lack of concern of backers
5. Atrocious communication of real plans and milestones
6. Without getting personal, just complete and total incompetence...it would have been better to admit this and refund ages ago...but sadly, without number 2, there was no money left.

I'm sure I'm missing some others....

And another bump for the spreadsheet....please fill it out!

https://bit.ly/2UHt7sQ

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #5,085 of 5,933
Not sure I want to give my information to any 3rd parties regarding my orders etc. LHL should have all the information I have given multiple times if they ever produce any Waves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back