Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jan 24, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #4,981 of 5,933
Interesting post from the IGG page on the so-called developer's board:

"Not exactly sure why the “picture edited for sensitive company information” when the PCB they showed is a generic development board you can find online?

http://www.myzr-tech.com/development-board/nxp-development-board/i-mx6ul-motherboard.html

http://wiki.myzr.com.cn/index.php?title=MY-IMX6-MB140P_Hardware_Introduction

Only part they redacted was the name and website of the company who makes the board – www.myzr.com.cn."

So what's the deal LH (or whatever you call yourself)....are you misrepresenting what these boards actually are? Are these wave boards or just boards you got from a Chinese website?

Let's try some transparency shall we?

We removed the company name/etc. because it's not our board. It's the team we hired's board. It was for privacy reasons. These are not "Wave boards". They're development boards owned by the development company who use these boards to develop software for Wave.

Also, if you hear that we're working with Stardew Valley developers so it works on the Wave....that was inaccurate information, don't believe it.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #4,982 of 5,933
We removed the company name/etc. because it's not our board. It's the team we hired's board. It was for privacy reasons. These are not "Wave boards". They're development boards owned by the development company who use these boards to develop software for Wave.

Why misrepresent yourself by posting them? So...they are not wave boards. I guess this means there are no wave boards....I guess this means back to square one eh? I'm wondering if the picture of the "team" is really the team after all.

Jan 24, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #4,983 of 5,933
Why misrepresent yourself by posting them? So...they are not wave boards. I guess this means there are no wave boards....I guess this means back to square one eh? I'm wondering if the picture of the "team" is really the team after all.

We literally state in the update: "Wave developer's board." I'll be happy to post screenshot with a highlight, and arrows, and an underline to clear up the confusion over any wording we did. The Wave boards are NOT developer's boards. They are beta boards that physically go into the Wave.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #4,984 of 5,933
Why misrepresent yourself by posting them? So...they are not wave boards.

Developer's Board.JPG

Jan 24, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #4,986 of 5,933
OK, I think we're either going to take a break from the forums again or put certain individuals on "ignore". Again, the toxicity and bad information by certain forum commenters revolving around this topic is strangleholding conversation. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #4,987 of 5,933
You above said they weren't Wave Boards. When you spend one year with beta boards doing nothing, and appear again now saying the process "should go much more smoothly" and take "30 days or so", why should anyone believe you? Don't forget, $5-million was squandered on BS over the past HALF DECADE...and now you want to take a "break form the forums" and "ignore" people. Fabulous transparency there....but you never really cared about that anyway. Don't like the comments? REFUND MY MONEY and I'm out of here. I'm only in this for $365 U.S. dollars...so pay up!!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #4,988 of 5,933
OK, I think we're either going to take a break from the forums again or put certain individuals on "ignore". Again, the toxicity and bad information by certain forum commenters revolving around this topic is strangleholding conversation. Thanks everyone.

Taking a break and/or ignoring folks, especially those who paid up and backed the project, is not the way to go. As long as there are no explanation on what has been done, how far things really are and what are the time really being spent on, you cannot expect as a representative of the company to not get negativity from backers.

Jan 24, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #4,989 of 5,933
Go ahead.....’ignore me’. I’m on multiple sites. I guess I’m one of the ‘30 or so’ that do nothing but post negative things. I’m out $229 for an early adopter Wave 64. I wrote that off years ago (since it will be year 5 this June. FIVE!)
This is about principle and reminding people of the fraud. Ain’t.Gonna.Stop.Clowns.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #4,990 of 5,933
There were a small number of people confused by the wording in the last update. We stated clearly: “Wave developer’s board”. A small number of people misinterpreted that to mean, “Wave developer’s Wave board” and insisted LHL was pulling a fast one or suggesting a development board was in fact an actual Wave beta board that fits into the Wave itself. This is an incorrect reading of the post. Indeed, this is the “Wave developer’s development board”, not an actual Wave board. We would have no need to try to suggest/pawn off (and it follows no logic paths) that a giant PCB was the Wave board, especially since we had already posted several pictures of the Wave boards themselves. On top of this, we also labeled the board pic as "Wave Dev Board" (ie: Wave Development Board).The original IGG post was also updated to reflect this clarification for any confused parties. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #4,991 of 5,933
There were a small number of people confused by the wording in the last update. We stated clearly: “Wave developer’s board”. A small number of people misinterpreted that to mean, “Wave developer’s Wave board” and insisted LHL was pulling a fast one or suggesting a development board was in fact an actual Wave beta board that fits into the Wave itself. This is an incorrect reading of the post. Indeed, this is the “Wave developer’s development board”, not an actual Wave board. We would have no need to try to suggest/pawn off (and it follows no logic paths) that a giant PCB was the Wave board, especially since we had already posted several pictures of the Wave boards themselves. On top of this, we also labeled the board pic as "Wave Dev Board" (ie: Wave Development Board).The original IGG post was also updated to reflect this clarification for any confused parties. Thanks.

The Wave board that physically goes into the Wave that LH developed is at the bottom of the picture. (L Shaped board) This is internally known as EP 6 (sixth iteration/version beta board) and as software production goes along, EP 7 will be finalized/built (as the particular beta board which will go into beta Waves). Assuming that works, no EP 8 will be needed. Whichever final iteration of the board we wind up with, that will be the beta board/board design testers will be using in the beta and future Waves.

So it goes: EP 1 - 7 (or whatever), then pilot production for the first 20-30 boards cloned/based on the beta (these are also tested for flaws), then mass production.

The second board (blue) is the A64 DEVELOPMENT board that the Wave developers use and that is from THEM. We do not own that board nor did we design it.

The third board (green) is ALSO from the DEVELOPMENT TEAM and is not owned by us or developed by us. It is ALSO a DEVELOPMENT board. (it's for another project, and I don't know any details except for it's not being done by the Wave team)

Board Pic.jpg
Wave Board 6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 25, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #4,992 of 5,933
I love seeing all the pics. I imagine that people were just hoping that the "wave dev board" was the final engineering prototype board or something along those lines. It's hard to keep ones hopes up. I've just decided, if it ever comes it's a gift from Santa.

And in the meantime, I purchased a HiBy R3 (which is a very close approximation of the original wave) and the Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum (a close approximation to the Tube Headphone amp... and totally awesome!)

Now I just sit and hope for pics and that maybe a wave and HPA will materialize and I'll get to enjoy them even more.

Jan 25, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #4,993 of 5,933
@stuck limo The next update in around August, then again in November or December will be along the lines of these past ones where the "final" version is mentioned, then due to "unforeseen circumstances" there is a delay, and the company providing the software/boards/parts/something is slow, can't do it, or has to be changed. This is obviously because there isn't any money to pay them. Honestly, the best thing to do is provide NO updates, unless it actually has already been produced in quantity and is ready to be shipped, instead of repeating years of bullsnot.

The Wave board that physically goes into the Wave that LH developed is at the bottom of the picture. (L Shaped board) This is internally known as EP 6 (sixth iteration/version beta board) and as software production goes along, EP 7 will be finalized/built (as the particular beta board which will go into beta Waves). Assuming that works, no EP 8 will be needed. Whichever final iteration of the board we wind up with, that will be the beta board/board design testers will be using in the beta and future Waves.

So it goes: EP 1 - 7 (or whatever), then pilot production for the first 20-30 boards cloned/based on the beta (these are also tested for flaws), then mass production.

The second board (blue) is the A64 DEVELOPMENT board that the Wave developers use and that is from THEM. We do not own that board nor did we design it.

The third board (green) is ALSO from the DEVELOPMENT TEAM and is not owned by us or developed by us. It is ALSO a DEVELOPMENT board. (it's for another project, and I don't know any details except for it's not being done by the Wave team)

Wave Picture Update 8/05/18
Modified on: Sun, 5 Aug, 2018 at 2:42 PM

Hey everyone,

Just received these photos to share regarding the Wave. The Wave is in currently in the software testing phase and is expected to be built in final beta testing form soon (screen, case, internals, etc.). I'll post more when I have information regarding the fully built beta units.

Jarek

then:
Wave Update 10/28/18
Modified on: Sun, 28 Oct, 2018 at 9:08 PM

We have an update regarding the Wave. Our last update mentioned that we would enter the finalized software beta on Oct. 15. This has been delayed due to unforeseen software circumstances. The remaining issues are the same, and we've provided some details regarding their current statuses below:

oaytxopggrxu3k0lvg5q.png

Dear Wave backers,

Cut to the chase. Let's see some photo of our Wave chassis in two colors. (Gun metal gray, and Red)

l3xz4cuqogmgwcyj2umc.jpg

ngmjejgmga8hylqidukx.jpg

We didn't beautify these pictures. And these are still pretty enough. You could see the overall design language just fit our original direction but more refined. Two pocket there are for battery and SOM.

And we are finalizing the touch screen frame with vendor so the 5'' high resolution screen could mount up there.

On the other hand, let me show you the long waiting Audio Precision Test report of our EP 3.5 PCB. The result is amazing.

The photo below is a quick snap I took when we are testing. Unlike last Audio Precision update. This time the board is fully integrated with nice battery (3100mA here. Could use 5000mA too), USB C connection (a little bit hard to see), fully balanced output and single-ended output for headphone, digital circuits are all working here as well. And here we try to make the output gain even higher to 6V (!!) and it still works very well.

czfxzrtppuq6bhgeubfp.jpg

Let's see the THD+N in 1K Hz with 45K bandwidth first.

rlheqk64gmgf0i2lv28j.jpg

Both channel's distortion are even much lower than previous PCB and our specs. You might ask why two channels THD are different? That is because we hand matched the left channel and didn't work on right yet. In production PCB, both channel will be the same. And Signature Edition will have the hand match fine tuned for even better.

csdrlehojrlj2uipphat.jpg

Signal To Noise ratio is very nice too. 116dB (None-weighted) in 45K bandwidth. On Wave "IEM" version, this element is super important. :wink:

The Frequency Response is surely flat all the way to 40K Hz.

awlge2q3nu7ygszbjxbh.jpg

Please notice, the smooth high frequency roll off here is done by a nice analog low pass filter. I personally prefer use more analog components to roll off instead of using harsh digital filter to do that. Benefit? Time domain accuracy and better phase error.

In Wave's user menu, you will still have the choice of different digital modes. Including FRM, TCM and FTM. Also, there are GAIN settings for different type of earbuds and headphones.

For now, we are pretty happy for the whole system sound performance. And you ask, how does it sound? My answer is: As good as it could get. Although currently there are several hand wired jumpers and few patches on the board. But my ears told me, this is a winner!

We will collect all the places need to be changed on this prototype and we should have the pre-production PCB design done on third week of Sep.

For software and user interface, I will make another update.

Larry

Geek_Wave_2016.png
From: http://blog.livedoor.jp/orcinus_/archives/52749583.html

Hey JDog,

Geek Wave is in its final phase of development. Larry and his crew are finalizing the PCB layout while our software team works on finalizing and beautifying AOS1. We're still shooting for a July delivery date and will continue to push or engineering and manufacturing teams to hit that shipping date. As far as the design aspects go, we've been able to make huge strides with the chassis in the past few weeks by utilizing the techniques we've implemented for Geek Out V2 & V2+. With the implementation of 3D printing we've also found ways to incorporate the SE (Titanium & Carbon Fiber) finishes into the final chassis designs. Once I have more updates I'd be happy to provide them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #4,994 of 5,933
@Currawong

Thanks for the history...I suspect there is even more you could have posted. How about answer this simple question Jarek (or ask Larry and see if he can be bothered to answer). Given that LHL has provided a number of updates hinting that the Wave was imminent in the past, what will be better about THIS year? The staff has obviously changed over the many iterations of "nearly ready Waves", so how is this team going to do any better? We now know that the new "developer boards", or whatever they are called, are a brand new design supplanting the ones Currawong has reminded us of. So....what is DIFFERENT this time? There were 11 updates parading progress on the Wave last year...will it be DIFFERENT this year?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #4,995 of 5,933
I don't understand why you would be devoping an optimized PureOS on any board other than the actual Wave boards. Adding these development boards into the mix just adds confusion and possibly more delay.

In 5 updates are we going to get anothet setback because PureOs doesn't work on the actual Wave boards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back