Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Mar 2, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #4,381 of 5,933
So in the end they are refusing to honor the deal Manny made for the 2TB SSD and are refunding what i paid for that upgrade. Part of the reason I made that deal with Manny was cause the SSD price had dropped from when we were first charged 3 years ago. We are paying over $520 for a 1TBSSD when they retail for $350 or less. Larry promised us to make it right when we pointed out prices had and would drop but it seems LHL's word means nothing. What an utter dissipointment

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #4,382 of 5,933
So in the end they are refusing to honor the deal Manny made for the 2TB SSD and are refunding what i paid for that upgrade. Part of the reason I made that deal with Manny was cause the SSD price had dropped from when we were first charged 3 years ago. We are paying over $520 for a 1TBSSD when they retail for $350 or less. Larry promised us to make it right when we pointed out prices had and would drop but it seems LHL's word means nothing. What an utter dissipointment

Hey, at least you are getting some sort of upgrade. If I understand correctly, they are no longer making the lower priced version I signed up for. And looks like no refund for me! If I understand correctly, they actually want me to give them more money in order for me to get anything instead of just flushing my money down the toilet. Though LH Labs, please correct me if I am wrong...

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #4,383 of 5,933
Glad to hear Shawn received a refund, at least. There are other instances where backers for certain perks have been shortchanged and will never get those funds back. One forgotten example comes from the original Wave campaign, where the iPhone tier was $30 higher than the comparable Android tiers. When the campaign relaunched, there was no distinction between Android and iOS users, so those additional funds are "gone." At this point I'm willing to eat the loss because I just want to see the Waves start shipping, but there are similar examples across the various LH Labs campaigns.

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #4,384 of 5,933
Hey, at least you are getting some sort of upgrade. If I understand correctly, they are no longer making the lower priced version I signed up for. And looks like no refund for me! If I understand correctly, they actually want me to give them more money in order for me to get anything instead of just flushing my money down the toilet. Though LH Labs, please correct me if I am wrong...

What is your order number? We would need the order number to investigate.

Mar 3, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #4,385 of 5,933

At IGG there was the following question/comment from a fellow backer on July 7th 2014:
"Prediction or wishful thinking. When we get our Waves/Sources early to mid 2015, SDXC/HDD prices will have fallen so much, all Waves/Sources will have, courtesy of the good folks at LH, FREE DOUBLE STORAGE. "

And Larry's response was:
" Hi,
I’m glad you know us well… If SSD or HDD price drop down big enough. We will FREE upgrade all specification of each Geek Source and Geek Wave.
We don’t make money on this item. :wink:
Larry

Well... there was a "free" upgrade from 2TB to 3TB and 4TB to 5TB for the HDD versions.

But see the prices for some of the 2Tb/4Tb HDDs from August 2014.
https://docs.google.com/presentatio...GfST9wLL9HZHUBKM6owSXt4d2wQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Today's prices are less than half of it.
Bottom line is that we would get at least the doubled amount of storage based on the price we paid 4 yrs ago.

Since the journey has not ended yet let's see which further "surprise" will pop up.

Mar 3, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #4,386 of 5,933
At IGG there was the following question/comment from a fellow backer on July 7th 2014:

And Larry's response was:

Well... there was a "free" upgrade from 2TB to 3TB and 4TB to 5TB for the HDD versions.

But see the prices for some of the 2Tb/4Tb HDDs from August 2014.
https://docs.google.com/presentatio...GfST9wLL9HZHUBKM6owSXt4d2wQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Today's prices are less than half of it.
Bottom line is that we would get at least the doubled amount of storage based on the price we paid 4 yrs ago.

Since the journey has not ended yet let's see which further "surprise" will pop up.

Over a year ago the price for a 2TB SSD dropped down enough that combined with my original upgrade price for the 1TB SD at $520 Manny upgraded me to a 2TB for small charge.. That's how my whole headache started. Manny saw what the prices were and wanted to fulfill Larry's promise of making it "right" but now a year later they are walking that back and not offering us any upgrade at all. Since they can't do RAID and have to double all our SSD's it's now an issue. They wanted $900 for a 2nd 2TB SSD on top of the overcharge for the original 1TB one. Not making a profit my ass.
This was just another empty promise. Now my Source SE has been delayed a week for nothing and all they have done is created more anger and disappointment. .

Mar 3, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #4,387 of 5,933
(may be) stupid question: Do we know now when the Geek Wave will be shipping into the distribution or to the early backers ?

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #4,388 of 5,933
Over a year ago the price for a 2TB SSD dropped down enough that combined with my original upgrade price for the 1TB SD at $520 Manny upgraded me to a 2TB for small charge.. That's how my whole headache started. Manny saw what the prices were and wanted to fulfill Larry's promise of making it "right" but now a year later they are walking that back and not offering us any upgrade at all. Since they can't do RAID and have to double all our SSD's it's now an issue. They wanted $900 for a 2nd 2TB SSD on top of the overcharge for the original 1TB one. Not making a profit my ass.
This was just another empty promise. Now my Source SE has been delayed a week for nothing and all they have done is created more anger and disappointment. .

Wait. You're saying that RAID is not available anymore?
Wow... remember this extract from the announcement regarding the Source SE configurations (IGG Source campaign from July 15th 2016):
Two 1T SSD array (or larger). We will add the hardware RAID controller there and let you customize if you want to make these two hard drivers work like one big hard drive (RAID 0) or a mirror duplicated copy (RAID 1) which read file speed is even faster.

So does that mean Jarek got in touch with all Source SE backers who opted for the RAID possibility and has to explain to them that this is no longer "available"?

Maybe we should compile a list with all made promises by any LHL staff (including Larry) which won't be realized anymore.
Also including promises which are still "open" (meaning that it's not 100% sure if they will ever be fulfilled).
Guess Larry would be surprised to see what's still on his to-do-list. :wink:

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #4,394 of 5,933
That is news to me. This is all just crazy.

Or so they claim. They have said they before, only 2 shipped out then but to oversea buyers who never comment here of course so who knows if they are even real or if anything is real. At this stage it's all smoke and mirrors. What one person says or commits to can be changed at a whim a year later, words have no meaning. Until I actually see mine in person, I'll trust they are shipping, even then I'll have to look inside it to know for sure it's not just a fancy box. Never trust a white van even if it drives a tesla

I was hoping my Source SE would be a turning point to something better but I can't even get that without it being another headache so as usual I'm left angry and bitter while I wait some more.

Are we allowed to open our devices and look inside? IE Pulse, Source, PTP, HPA's. or does that void the warranty?

Mar 6, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #4,395 of 5,933

Are we allowed to open our devices and look inside? IE Pulse, Source, PTP, HPA's. or does that void the warranty?

As far as I know it will void the warranty.
But ... it's all about trust! And since this is gone (based on my own last experiences) i will open it to find out if the perks i bought are included.
Or maybe I will be lucky and can get the Source sold prior it will be shipped to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back