Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Dec 11, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #4,291 of 5,933
And LHL, if you manage to save your company by satisfactorily completing all remaining campaigns, don't be smug and act like you had this under control the whole time. You didn't. Judging by the timing of events, I think in-denial Larry wouldn't have even made the decision to hire Jarek were he not called out in Computer Audiophile.

We hired Natalie today and I trained her and she picked up the work very quickly. She should be able to provide extra coverage for me. Also, we have a backer who is a volunteer helping us on the tickets who started last night.

Dec 11, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #4,292 of 5,933
@stuck limo, I really believe many of us really appreciate your work here, I know I do... Good luck to you and the new people who have joined you. You have a monster of a job ahead of you... Again, best of luck to you all, and I hope you will keep us updated when any news about the Wave comes available. Thanks.

Dec 11, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #4,293 of 5,933
A more sensible solution right now would be to make ONE version of the Geek Wave that can be sent out within budget and send it to all backers, assuming that they have any money left to do so. Then people would actually get something, because the way things seem to be right now is that they are so messed up that they wouldn't be able to sensibly fulfil the multitude of different orders they received for many years.

Dec 11, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #4,294 of 5,933
so, like you all i'm a bit frustrated about this whole thing-- but it's worth noting that jarek IS working from his end. my order has been updated/corrected and the ticket is closed.

lots still to be done for LHL to make anywhere near "good" on all of this (dates/expectations aside, obviously), but jarek being here, answering questions when able, and digging into the backlog is a much-needed sign of life for the project. i certainly feel more optimistic that i'll eventually receive my wave than i have in over a year.

@stuck limo -- thanks for the help. keep up the good work.

Dec 12, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #4,296 of 5,933
Just to give everyone a progress report: On the BigCommerce tickets, right now we're now closing in on (by tomorrow) 150 tickets that are "Open" which means that we haven't responded to yet. BUT: we were around 400 earlier, so that means we've been cranking through these and getting them answered/resolved. There are "Pending" BigCommerce tickets in the system, which just means that we are waiting on the customer response. So either way, if your BigCommerce ticket hasn't been answered yet, it will be soon-ish. Again, we've hired Natalie and we have another guy helping out as a volunteer, so these should go fairly quickly.

Any negative comments about any of ^ won't be responded to by me, as I'll be too busy working on tickets. (or at a Clutch concert, whichever comes first)

Edit: After an 16 hour day on this, we're now at 149 "Open" tickets. As the song goes: I've done it, I've had it, I'm ready for bed.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #4,297 of 5,933
A more sensible solution right now would be to make ONE version of the Geek Wave that can be sent out within budget and send it to all backers, assuming that they have any money left to do so. Then people would actually get something, because the way things seem to be right now is that they are so messed up that they wouldn't be able to sensibly fulfil the multitude of different orders they received for many years.

Funny you say that: that's exactly what I thought after reading the previous page

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #4,298 of 5,933
Just to give everyone a progress report: On the BigCommerce tickets, right now we're now closing in on (by tomorrow) 150 tickets that are "Open" which means that we haven't responded to yet. BUT: we were around 400 earlier, so that means we've been cranking through these and getting them answered/resolved. There are "Pending" BigCommerce tickets in the system, which just means that we are waiting on the customer response. So either way, if your BigCommerce ticket hasn't been answered yet, it will be soon-ish. Again, we've hired Natalie and we have another guy helping out as a volunteer, so these should go fairly quickly.

Great! Moving in the right direction.
Still ...when has @Larry Ho enough valid data (based on the precise "order status") to be able to order all bits and pieces for the Waves and Sources?
At least my expectation would be that based on the "corrected" order status tickets he has the view what kind of models (Wave 64/128/X128...; Source SE/2TB....) with which options (Femto, Dual DAC; Source power & Cap upgrade..) have to be manufactured and given those information he cold compile his BOM.
Or am I missing something?

My point is that I hope this "Model/Option"assignment has been done (and will be continued) to provide a clear overview.
Examples:.
- x GW 64/128.. are required with option a (let´s assume it´s the DUAL DAC) and option b (Femto clock) ,
- y GW 64/128.. are required with option a and option c (THD Performance)
- z GW 64/128.. w/o any options

Same should be available for the different Sources.
Based on those information Larry should be able to compile his BOM, right? Or am I missing something?

Bottomline is: do you have this Model/Option overview already (based on the current closed "order status correction/confirmation" tickets)?

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #4,299 of 5,933
Its ages since I logged in to Head-fi.org and seems months since I had nay updates form Geek Wave. But they are not the only kickstarter/indiegogo having problems that are all similar in nature that some Companies have solved others still struggling. I thought to share some of these with you as they help Larry and Co:
1. Two I backed have defaulted with the cash fortunatley not large amounts
2. One emailed saying they were light yeasr off completion despite other internationa NGO backing and if I wnated they wold refund my money or I could stay in. I opetd for the money and it was promptly refunded within a month.
3. Two delivered fairy high tech goodies only amonth or two late and keep in touch with updated software and have now moved on to Mark 2 versions of their products which work well.
4. One about to deliver they say after manufacturing retooling probs and a mjor headcahe they got lost in who had ordered what perks and tried a mailchimp mailout to get the info form us, that ended in a muddle and they have just sent out a new survey (to sort out who gets dleiverde what via
CROWDOX LETS YOU SEND
Beautiful, Dynamic Product Surveys
and it seems to work efficienty like a dream. Maybe Jarek and larry would find it helps them t sort out the various flavours of Geek Wave to whom?
And NO I disagree with some posters above I did not spend Premium top dollar to get a pared down version of Geek Wave same as thsoe who didnt shell out the cash. I wnat the variosn I paid for. It is not impossible to simplify some of he lower ter options but the top rank options should be maintained.
5. Another company in the US has been vary responsive to emails and one phone call about getting the product out. Their problem is simply being letting donw by parts manufactuers not dleivering the right specs. I have jst spoken to the lady on the telephone in Dallas and she was most helpful apologetic and gracious.
6 Three others are still haning on my threads of promises and it seems they wildly overesteimated dvelopment time and found some the componenst jsut were not good enough and they ahve not shipped out the inferior goods but are hlding ut to deliver a superior product.

So there you have it. The problems are common to all start ups and they can be solved with goodwill and hard work.
Meanwhile I make do with little hot red box LHLABS I have forgtten what it was called GO2A maybe works well and I hardly ever use portable any more.

Happy Holidays to Headfiers especially us old grumpy men and to staff at LH Labs

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #4,300 of 5,933
News updates:

1. The Wave beta boards have NOT arrived yet to my information.
2. Larry is in Japan this weekend at an audio show
3. The BigCommerce tickets that are "open" (ie: not waiting for a customer to respond) are down to 100 from about 400.
4. The new LH building paperwork got sent over late. When it gets signed, LH/L can be moved in.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #4,301 of 5,933
News updates:

1. The Wave beta boards have NOT arrived yet to my information.
2. Larry is in Japan this weekend at an audio show
3. The BigCommerce tickets that are "open" (ie: not waiting for a customer to respond) are down to 100 from about 400.

Regarding #1: I know I'm not very helpful being sarcastic here but has any deadline so far been achieved on time? No answer required it's a rhetorical question.
Regarding #2: hope Larry hasn't been spotted by someone at Starbucks in Sacramento a few hours ago...kidding aside... is he "just" a visitor or is he presenting any LHL stuff? If the answer is "yes", what will be presented?
Regarding #3: may you share the current overview what kind of waves/source/etc. combinations need to be ordered (I'm referring to my earlier aforementioned post)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #4,302 of 5,933
Regarding #1: I know I'm not very helpful being sarcastic here but has any deadline so far been achieved on time? No answer required it's a rhetorical question.
Regarding #2: hope Larry hasn't been spotted by someone at Starbucks in Sacramento a few hours ago...kidding aside... is he "just" a visitor or is he presenting any LHL stuff? If the answer is "yes", what will be presented?
Regarding #3: may you share the current overview what kind of waves/source/etc. combinations need to be ordered (I'm referring to my earlier aforementioned post)?

Thanks in advance.

1. no comment
2. I think he's presenting gear with one of the retailer partners over there. I think he's presenting the Source and other LHL gear such as the GO. Maybe some Light Harmonic things. I didn't get a ton of details.
3. We have probably around 1800 (very rough estimate by me) Waves in various configurations. To go through and physically tell you what type of configuration numbers we're looking at would be a long task and honestly probably wouldn't be very accurate at this point. Also, I'm not sure what good it would do to even release that information, as I think it would just cause more anxiety among the backers. But I'll see what I can do.

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #4,303 of 5,933
1. no comment
2. I think he's presenting gear with one of the retailer partners over there. I think he's presenting the Source and other LHL gear such as the GO. Maybe some Light Harmonic things. I didn't get a ton of details.
3. We have probably around 1800 (very rough estimate by me) Waves in various configurations. To go through and physically tell you what type of configuration numbers we're looking at would be a long task and honestly probably wouldn't be very accurate at this point. Also, I'm not sure what good it would do to even release that information, as I think it would just cause more anxiety among the backers. But I'll see what I can do.

C'mon Jarek,
that sounds to me there will be (an)other round(s) to identify the required combinations. That's really far from being sufficient.
Shouldn't your current activity be used to get the valid data?

Pls don't tell me that you guys will go through the tickets (or your own database) again and collect the info for the required combinations.

Dec 15, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #4,304 of 5,933
1. no comment

Any more accurate information like shipping dates to backers?

Dec 15, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #4,305 of 5,933
C'mon Jarek,
that sounds to me there will be (an)other round(s) to identify the required combinations.

I haven't been informed of one.

Shouldn't your current activity be used to get the valid data?

That's where the estimate for the Wave numbers came from.

Pls don't tell me that you guys will go through the tickets (or your own database) again and collect the info for the required combinations.

What other database would we be going through to identify what our customers ordered?

On a serious note, if I tell you: 600 Femto upgrades, 234 THD upgrades, 100 XD128s, 36 Dual DACs.....what are you going to do with that information? What does it do for you? How does it help you? How does it help LH get the units out?

Another update: we have an update for the Waves coming. I just got the information this afternoon. It's written, it's just waiting for approval to publish from Larry who wants to make some minor tweaks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back