Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Oct 1, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #4,156 of 5,933
I am surprised to read all those discutions about upgrades and features sert !

I believe THE ONLY and MAIN QUESTION IS " WILL THIS DAP BE SHIPPED ONE DAY OR DID WE ALL LOST OUR MONEY" !

Has someone already received his unit ???

Oct 1, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #4,157 of 5,933
Sure that is the main question, but that has been discussed for months/years now.
If anyone has gotten a Wave (I really doubt it) they have not posted here... or anywhere else that I know of.

With, at least, hearing some things form LH Labs.. it brings up some things that I have not thought about for a long time.
Sometimes it is cathartic to just discuss things. I am sure that no one has forgotten the real issue here.

Oct 1, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #4,158 of 5,933
I couldn't figure out how to update my profile on the new site.

Oct 2, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #4,160 of 5,933
better have Tidal wifi and offline support, future mqa support, aptx hd and the whole nine yards to at least match the current generation players, but for some reason I am not sure if that will ever be possible

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #4,161 of 5,933
I repeat my question how do we login to an insecure site that LH Labs wants us to do????????????????????????????
My biggest concern right now is hat when I went to log into the marketplace as requested I got this message
Your connection is not secure

The owner of marketplace.lhlabs.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

Oct 13, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #4,163 of 5,933
I repeat my question how do we login to an insecure site that LH Labs wants us to do????????????????????????????
My biggest concern right now is hat when I went to log into the marketplace as requested I got this message
Your connection is not secure

The owner of marketplace.lhlabs.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

please see my reply above

Oct 24, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #4,164 of 5,933
Hi everyone, just checking in.
Going by the recent updates, I don't think anyone has received a pre-production unit yet. Certainly nobody has received a production model.

No one has received any units at all. We'll post an update when we get them. (If) I can get a unit into my hands, I'll be posting a full video over the unit. We expect the beta units to be completed by the end of year, assuming all goes well.

better have Tidal wifi and offline support, future mqa support, aptx hd and the whole nine yards to at least match the current generation players, but for some reason I am not sure if that will ever be possible

This is custom software, so there is no Tidal or Spotify capabilities to my understanding. There's no aptX (4.1 instead) --- updating to aptX would be another delay, which we are avoiding. This unit was built to be used with wired headphones --- otherwise, you can just buy a cheaper player to use with your wireless headphones, instead of spending all the money on Wave's hardware (and then bypassing it). We may be upgrading to 4.2 at a later date. AptX may come with Wave 2 (if we build it) [it won't be on crowd-funding, don't worry]. If something changes on the bluetooth, we'll update everyone.

EDIT: There's some confusion on our end regarding AptX compatibility. I'm sorting this out with Larry. Thanks to those of you who brought this to my attention.

To my knowledge there's no MQA support for Wave, but I can double check that.

I'm sure everyone interested has seen it already, but we posted an IGG update on the Wave with pictures and descriptions.

https://support.lhlabs.com/solution/articles/13000039482-wave-board-update-pics-10-24-17

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #4,165 of 5,933
Why is there no aptX? I paid for that, it was listed as the reason behind the Bluetooth option and now you're telling me it won't have it and I'm forced to use wired headphones because of it?
Sorry but deal with the delay or give everyone with this perk a refund.

Zero Trans. Jitter Bluetooth
Geek Wave 64, 128,X128 and XD128 backers have the option of adding Bluetooth featuring aptX to their already tricked out Geek Wave's for only $74. What is aptX? The aptX codec is the same technology in HD radio which allows audio streaming through Bluetooth 4.0! Now, streaming your favorite music from Spotify, Pandora, Qobuz and all other streaming services has never been easier. Please note that this option is NOT available for Geek Wave 32.

Oct 24, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #4,166 of 5,933
Cool...still a bit of a wait, but hopefully...

Oct 24, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #4,167 of 5,933
Why is there no aptX? I paid for that, it was listed as the reason behind the Bluetooth option and now you're telling me it won't have it and I'm forced to use wired headphones because of it?
Sorry but deal with the delay or give everyone with this perk a refund.

Zero Trans. Jitter Bluetooth
Geek Wave 64, 128,X128 and XD128 backers have the option of adding Bluetooth featuring aptX to their already tricked out Geek Wave's for only $74. What is aptX? The aptX codec is the same technology in HD radio which allows audio streaming through Bluetooth 4.0! Now, streaming your favorite music from Spotify, Pandora, Qobuz and all other streaming services has never been easier. Please note that this option is NOT available for Geek Wave 32.

There's some confusion on our end regarding this. I'm sorting this out with Larry. Thanks to those of you who brought this to my attention.

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #4,170 of 5,933
Hoping you guys still know what was ordered...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back