Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Sep 17, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #4,142 of 5,933
In regards to the "stand-alone DAC upgrade" perk, this was a perk offered back in 6/16/14 after the stretch goal of $333,333.00 was surpassed. The perk was for backers of the Wave 32, 64 and 128 models and the cost to backers was $38 dollars. You can still find this "offer" if you scroll back through the Update section on Indiegogo. The stand-alone DAC is an already included feature on models X128, XD128 and XD256...

For anyone who has purchased the Dual DAC and DAC upgrade perks, are these perks supposed to be listed in our pending orders that LH Labs sent us earlier this year? I have an order in for the X128 Wave and I perked for both the dual DAC and DAC upgrade, but these are not listed as part of my "order". I just see Wave X128 listed, but nothing else. Thanks. Also, there still seems to be a lot of variability in battery sizes listed for the X128 model; some updates suggest that the X128 will have the larger battery (as in the XD models), whereas some of the updates show the X128 will have the smaller battery planned for the 64 and 128 Waves....Seems to me that Larry and the gang need to go back thru all the previous updates and stretch goal offers to make sure they honor all their promises... But this only assumes that LH Labs ever really produces a Wave of any sort....

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #4,143 of 5,933
In regards to the "stand-alone DAC upgrade" perk, this was a perk offered back in 6/16/14 after the stretch goal of $333,333.00 was surpassed. The perk was for backers of the Wave 32, 64 and 128 models and the cost to backers was $38 dollars. You can still find this "offer" if you scroll back through the Update section on Indiegogo. The stand-alone DAC is an already included feature on models X128, XD128 and XD256...

..which means that the "final specification" from their latest IGG update is incomplete, or?

If `m mistaken and it´s somewhere mentioned there pls let me know.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #4,144 of 5,933
I don't remember what Standalone DAC Upgrade was, I just remember I never needed it since it came with my version of the Wave or some reason like that. We were meant to be confused, it helped us pledge more.
The Geek Station is the charging dock, though no word has been mention of it in a long long time.
Geek Station X
Every feature of Geek Station + Balanced (XLR) Output Connectors If you're using a Geek Wave XD128 or X128 this docking station features a pair of single-ended RCA outputs and a pair of balanced XLR audio outputs. You asked for the best balanced audio, we provided the solution. Please add $35 for international shipping

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #4,146 of 5,933
The Standalone DAC upgrade allows for the use of the Wave as a DAC, being fed music from an external source such as a computer via its USB input. The X and XD models have this feature by default, all others had to add it as an upgrade.

J.P.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #4,147 of 5,933
I went back and looked at what they have listed for my orders and history of what I paid. I think we recently were told that no one would get for free what we paid for individually. Then I saw the email that they sent out basically forcing upgrades from the 128 to the X128.
This message said that paying the $130 for the upgrade (forced) would get ", the Customer Happiness Team is offering the “Jitter-Free WiFi” new ESS DAC Chip, and “Bluetooth” option for FREE! ".
I I looked at perks that I bought. I paid for Wifi, Bluetooth, upgrade to newest DAC chip, dual DACs (which also comes with the X), and standalone DAC. All of this cost something north of $260. In fact the listing of my open orders lists both the X128 and the "FREE" Wifi, that I paid separately for.

Assuming we ever get this device close to shipping, I wonder whether people in this situation are going to be given some consideration for the perks that they bought unnecessarily.

I doubt it, but they should be. They buyer/investor, had no control over their hard selling these perks, but they paid for the items in good faith. Certainly, no consideration was given for these expenditures when they made the $130 upgrade mandatory.
Once it looks like they have the customer service system running again (hopefully) I will open a ticket on this. Again I am not hopeful, but I have to ask.

I am sure there are many others in the same situation, or worse. If anyone has asked the question and got an answer, I would love to hear what the results are/were.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #4,148 of 5,933
Assuming we ever get this device close to shipping, I wonder whether people in this situation are going to be given some consideration for the perks that they bought unnecessarily.
My gut says no. Some here may remember the very first Wave campaign. There were three "tiers": Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and a generic Android option. Both Android options had the same investment requirement while the iPhone option required an extra $30 to deal with the Apple MFI program. Those core tiers were eventually rolled into the second Wave campaign, where all backers from the first campaign were put on equal standing. There has never been any solution for those who backed for the iPhone version. I don't foresee the thrown-in perks to be handled any differently.

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #4,149 of 5,933
My gut says no. Some here may remember the very first Wave campaign. There were three "tiers": Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and a generic Android option. Both Android options had the same investment requirement while the iPhone option required an extra $30 to deal with the Apple MFI program. Those core tiers were eventually rolled into the second Wave campaign, where all backers from the first campaign were put on equal standing. There has never been any solution for those who backed for the iPhone version. I don't foresee the thrown-in perks to be handled any differently.
I suspect that you are right. I wonder whether they are even in a financial position to offer any monetary compensation. Something like an upgrade to X256 wouldn't hurt that much (cost delta on the 256 gig m.2 drive, which is minimal).

I will wait until I think there may be a reasonable expectation of getting a reply, and ask the question. I will likely be disappointed, but it doesn't cost much to ask.

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #4,150 of 5,933
At this point I am not bothered about whether some are getting free upgrades to options that I backed. Those who might get these free upgrades are few and it would cost less to give them away than to build the different configurations. Just build the dam things already.

The idea of a cheap upgrade to 256G SSD sounds interesting, but on my X128 I intend to keep most of my music on SDXC cards. SSDs are designed for speed, not low power consumption.

J.P.

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #4,151 of 5,933
JP. I get it. And personally I couldn't care less what anyone else gets or does not get. Yes just build the damn thing. BUT, me being cheap, it bothers me to have paid for options twice... going on three years ago now at that.

As to a "cheap" upgrade to X256, I think that I already have paid for that upgrade... and yes, the utility is questionable with the capacity and price of XDSC cards. For me it is a matter of quid pro quo.

Anyway, I am just talking at this point. None of it matters much unless they actually build the devices.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #4,152 of 5,933
There is some confusion about the dual DACs option. Larry's last charts and updates indicate that this is not standard for the 64 and X128, even though the info we got with the last survey indicated that it was for ALL Waves. Communication within LH Labs seems as bad as it is outside. No surprise here.

Yes, some have grossly overpaid, and that should be addressed somehow. Free cables? Larger m.2 drive?

Eventually the story will end. At least they now admit that they don't know when Waves will ship. Admitting that is far better than a missed unrealistic guess.

J.P.

Sep 25, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #4,153 of 5,933
I went back and looked at what they have listed for my orders and history of what I paid. I think we recently were told that no one would get for free what we paid for individually. Then I saw the email that they sent out basically forcing upgrades from the 128 to the X128.
This message said that paying the $130 for the upgrade (forced) would get ", the Customer Happiness Team is offering the “Jitter-Free WiFi” new ESS DAC Chip, and “Bluetooth” option for FREE! ".
I I looked at perks that I bought. I paid for Wifi, Bluetooth, upgrade to newest DAC chip, dual DACs (which also comes with the X), and standalone DAC. All of this cost something north of $260. In fact the listing of my open orders lists both the X128 and the "FREE" Wifi, that I paid separately for.

I doubt it, but they should be. They buyer/investor, had no control over their hard selling these perks, but they paid for the items in good faith. Certainly, no consideration was given for these expenditures when they made the $130 upgrade mandatory.
Once it looks like they have the customer service system running again (hopefully) I will open a ticket on this. Again I am not hopeful, but I have to ask.

I am sure there are many others in the same situation, or worse. If anyone has asked the question and got an answer, I would love to hear what the results are/were.

I upgraded from Wave 32 to X128 back in the day, and was promised free Wifi and Bluetooth too. I opened a ticket and asked if this was still the case a few months ago, but haven't received an answer to my question. I hope they make good on their word and deliver what was promised.

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #4,154 of 5,933
I hope that eventually we all get what we have been promised. Probably the only thing of significance on my list of perks that I want to see is the Dual DAC option. I thought that came automatically with the X upgrade to the 128 model. JP says this is not the case. I opened a ticket yesterday asking that it be added to my order page. We will see if they are actually trying to make their customer service (Customer Happiness??) team relevant .

At some point I will also see what they are willing to do about the options that I have now paid for twice.

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #4,155 of 5,933
Thx for the reply Marflao. IN one of their latest updates they seem to have answered the question that if you have the option I have then you get the DAC option automatically. Actually the only other thing I got was the GO@A so I obviously do ont need this option anyway.

Must admits I agree just get the damn thing built and SHIPPED OUT. I must admit the man reason for my backing this was the fact they said the battery would be REPLACEABLE as I have had yo throw away three expensive portable players previously becasue the batteries were not replaceable and the companies still in existence did not respond to nay email about the problem, them being CREATIVE and
I am not sure if we can chose what size battery or if this depends on the type size of the SSM. LIke wings I have steadily transferred all my music to micro cards the largest size I can get here is 128 but I would like longest battery life with least HEAT overheating damage possibly. Some suggestions ofmr the tec more advanced memebrs would be aprecaiated if I have t make a choice.

My biggest concern right now is hat when I went to log into the marketplace as requested I got this message
Your connection is not secure

The owner of marketplace.lhlabs.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

So I did not log in and raised it as a ticket on support but it seems damn silly to ask us tho ask into an insecure site to give all our personal details. which I think I have already anyway done this several months ago twice at their request BUT so are my details going to be subject to identity theft via LH LABS is so they will have a MASSIVE COURT CASE against them by all backers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back