Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jan 28, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #3,886 of 5,933

has anyone listened to a working prototype ?  

Working prototype of the Wave as a single unit = Nope. 

Working prototype of what is likely the Wave's DAC and analog section (GOV2+ Inf) = Yep. 

Working prototype of what is likely a good part of the Wave's UI (Source) = Coming soon.

Cheers 

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #3,887 of 5,933

has anyone listened to a working prototype ?  

Working prototype of the Wave as a single unit = Nope. 

Working prototype of what is likely the Wave's DAC and analog section (GOV2+ Inf) = Yep. 

Working prototype of what is likely a good part of the Wave's UI (Source) = Coming soon.

Cheers 

In terms  that are more succinct. NO

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #3,888 of 5,933

In terms  that are more succinct. NO

so...we are still in waperware * mode !  
biggrin.gif

* means "available one day... may be

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #3,889 of 5,933
Jan 29, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #3,890 of 5,933
Is there some post or website that has the most up-to-date information about the current state of the Wave, i.e. latest picture of the chassis design(s), the current number of configurations, retained features, changed features, dropped features (if any), etc.

I've been getting those e-mail updates from Larry, but I haven't been on the IGG campaign page to really check up on the links and comments.

Not trying to make commentary; I've been patiently waiting like everyone else, and I do sense that they're finally righting the ship, but especially with the Wave, there are so many different options that I don't think most people are completely on the same page.

I used to be fairly up to date, but I got busy, and now can barely remember what Larry wrote on the last update, and the last five to ten updates, for that matter.

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #3,891 of 5,933
  Is there some post or website that has the most up-to-date information about the current state of the Wave, i.e. latest picture of the chassis design(s), the current number of configurations, retained features, changed features, dropped features (if any), etc.

I've been getting those e-mail updates from Larry, but I haven't been on the IGG campaign page to really check up on the links and comments.

Not trying to make commentary; I've been patiently waiting like everyone else, and I do sense that they're finally righting the ship, but especially with the Wave, there are so many different options that I don't think most people are completely on the same page.

I used to be fairly up to date, but I got busy, and now can barely remember what Larry wrote on the last update, and the last five to ten updates, for that matter.

LOL...if you want to see the comments and what is going on, go to the IGG page. It is bizarre to say the least. Righting the ship? Doesn't seem so...but you should read for yourself.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #3,892 of 5,933
So if I updated my address with IGG, LHL should have it, right? I had a login on the first LH message board or whatever, but that seems to be long gone. I created a login on the latest site but it doesn't show my order or anything. I assume this is normal? It's not like they're trying to ship me anything anyway...

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #3,893 of 5,933
  So if I updated my address with IGG, LHL should have it, right? I had a login on the first LH message board or whatever, but that seems to be long gone. I created a login on the latest site but it doesn't show my order or anything. I assume this is normal? It's not like they're trying to ship me anything anyway...

You´ll currently see only your order if you backed the TOTL model (aka DAD). 

All other backed versions will be added at a later stage.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #3,894 of 5,933
So, I signed in, doesn't seem to be any Wave there for me (I am in for a fully tricked out Wave, Source, and Vi tube dac), no contact option except a phone number that I see.
Crap!

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #3,895 of 5,933
Guys. I raised a ticket via a login on the support site which uses the same Email but a differet pw form the managemnet site in which the the ORDERS are reflected. I foudn my pw ode not work for this site athough email id does so I ahd them send me a forgotten pw message and only then cojld I login to the managemnet site wih a differnet pw form the support site. Then I logged into the support site and rasied a ticet re missing dteails onmnagemnet site, then a day later they updated my detaisl on managemnet site. Tedious but it worked.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #3,896 of 5,933
I found an email/help ticket to send, now the wait...

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #3,897 of 5,933
Yeah confirmed. Followed @LargoCantabile's advice to raise a ticket for update/clarification.

With the help of Gina, my order now looks like this:

Gina says the AQ2M update and "DAD" perks are incorporated on the "DAD" Premium player.

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #3,898 of 5,933
Similarly, I received a response from customer support on the Dual DAC not showing up on my Wave X128.

"
The following upgrades will not be listed because we have incorporated them within the Wave:

2015 ESS DAC 9018AQ2M Upgrade
Standalone DAC Upgrade
Dual ESS 9018M DAC's Upgrade
"

So, they are reducing the version count. I would guess that most backers of the Wave X128 also added the Dual DAC option and probably all versions of the Wave will have the AQ2M. The DAC version makes sense as the part cost difference should be very small and the logistics cost of keeping both in production is likely more than the parts cost difference.

Still, a few lucky backers (out of about 400-500) of the Wave X are getting a free $90 upgrade - $68 for the Dual DAC and $22 for the AQ2M. As I remember it, the X and XD had the standalone DAC capability without having to upgrade, so the comment about that does confuse me a bit.

I am a bit surprised that they are not giving everyone WiFi and/or Bluetooth. Since those were both moderately expensive upgrades and backers of each were probably widely distributed justifying that might be more challenging. My guess is that the final retail Waves will probably have those as standard as these are both becoming fairly common in high performance DAPs.

It will be interesting to see what versions of the Wave (if any) make into retail. I see the basic options being Wave 64/128, Wave X128 (and/or 256?) and Wave XD128/256. Having the two SDXC slots kind of obviates the need to sell versions with the only difference between storage capacity but my guess is that the Premium XD model may be offered with 256 and 512Gb models. Of course, all of this is pure speculation and it will probably be about a year before we see the full retail plan presented.

J.P.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #3,899 of 5,933
Wait... the idea just sank in that it suggests that ALL WAVES, including the 64 and 128 are getting the Dual DAC option and Standalone DAC option. That would seem to be significant free upgrades for ~1000 or so backers.

J.P.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #3,900 of 5,933
Similarly, I received a response from customer support on the Dual DAC not showing up on my Wave X128.

"
The following upgrades will not be listed because we have incorporated them within the Wave:

2015 ESS DAC 9018AQ2M Upgrade
Standalone DAC Upgrade
Dual ESS 9018M DAC's Upgrade
"

So, they are reducing the version count. I would guess that most backers of the Wave X128 also added the Dual DAC option and probably all versions of the Wave will have the AQ2M. The DAC version makes sense as the part cost difference should be very small and the logistics cost of keeping both in production is likely more than the parts cost difference.

Still, a few lucky backers (out of about 400-500) of the Wave X are getting a free $90 upgrade - $68 for the Dual DAC and $22 for the AQ2M. As I remember it, the X and XD had the standalone DAC capability without having to upgrade, so the comment about that does confuse me a bit.

I am a bit surprised that they are not giving everyone WiFi and/or Bluetooth. Since those were both moderately expensive upgrades and backers of each were probably widely distributed justifying that might be more challenging. My guess is that the final retail Waves will probably have those as standard as these are both becoming fairly common in high performance DAPs.

The last time I asked the customer support said that I would receive both bluetooth and wifi with my X128, even though I hadn't opted for them. This was well over a year ago though, so who knows what we'll eventually end up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back