Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jan 21, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #1,081 of 5,933
Well, the UI will be minimalist and it doesn't look like album art will be possible. Disappointing for sure, but if its sound quality lives up to the hype, who knows, maybe I'll keep it after all. I'm glad to see the chip upgrade being very reasonably priced - I'm taking the bait for the upgrade, if for no other reason than resale value if I don't like it.

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #1,082 of 5,933
Looks like the $22 also covers both chips if you have a dual-DAC (XD) version. From Larry:

"Yes. Dual DAC options are included. :wink:"

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #1,083 of 5,933
  Well, the UI will be minimalist and it doesn't look like album art will be possible. Disappointing for sure, but if its sound quality lives up to the hype, who knows, maybe I'll keep it after all. I'm glad to see the chip upgrade being very reasonably priced - I'm taking the bait for the upgrade, if for no other reason than resale value if I don't like it.

I sure hope LH doesn't put out a garbage UI--ease of use is very important.

A&K is well known for abandoning its users when it comes to UI issues, I hope LH does a lot better.

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #1,084 of 5,933

Didn't you see the album art on the screen?

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #1,085 of 5,933
Didn't you see the album art on the screen?

I did see that, but I thought it was just an example of a typical dap because of what Gavin was talking about right at that time. That's good to know. If they can put together a UI that is on par with my J3, I'll be very pleased. Casey, what size will the screen be when all is said and done? The renderings make it look really small in the IGG page, and I'm not sure if what is in the video with the album cover shows all of the available real estate being used.

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #1,086 of 5,933
  Looks like the $22 also covers both chips if you have a dual-DAC (XD) version. From Larry:

"Yes. Dual DAC options are included. :wink:"

Id like some clarification here.  Dual DAC options are included but does that mean included in the $22? I dont think that makes any sense.  Why would someone without the dual dac pay $22 when someone who needs two chips is also paying $22? I have a feeling dual dac will be $44.

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #1,087 of 5,933
So geek wave is now touch screen?

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #1,088 of 5,933
So we will pay BUT I am jutterly confused with a message which mentions DAC or DACS?

I have no idea whether there are one two or many DACS in the version I ordered. PLEASE TELL ME HOW I AM SUPPPOSED TO KNOW. All I know or remember is that I ordred the top of the range when the campaign was on. I assume if there are TWO you cannot have ojne one knd and another the other kind...?

This is the sort of messy inexplict message announcement by LH which makes me FURIOUS.

They always are so vague, never definite and businessslike. Even on the website I cannot see where TWO DACS atre mentioned. Is a DAC the same tyhing as a FEMTO CLOCK..becasue I think I lordered a vesrion with two of those?

And will 22USD cover both? Larry says yes but other say NO. PLEASE BE CLEAR LH? I donmt wnat to perk you for 22$SD unnecesarily because sure as god made little green apples there will be no refunds if we over pay.

In general I am coming to the conclusion that tis and other so called crowd funding projects try to bamboozle people into parting with as much cash as possible by dribbling out petrks. LH isnt the only complany doing this., I suppose this is the sort of useful trick taught in MBA programs. They certainly dont teach clear communication skills.

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #1,089 of 5,933
  So we will pay BUT I am jutterly confused with a message which mentions DAC or DACS?

I have no idea whether there are one two or many DACS in the version I ordered. PLEASE TELL ME HOW I AM SUPPPOSED TO KNOW. All I know or remember is that I ordred the top of the range when the campaign was on. I assume if there are TWO you cannot have ojne one knd and another the other kind...?

This is the sort of messy inexplict message announcement by LH which makes me FURIOUS.

They always are so vague, never definite and businessslike. Even on the website I cannot see where TWO DACS atre mentioned. Is a DAC the same tyhing as a FEMTO CLOCK..becasue I think I lordered a vesrion with two of those?

And will 22USD cover both? Larry says yes but other say NO. PLEASE BE CLEAR LH? I donmt wnat to perk you for 22$SD unnecesarily because sure as god made little green apples there will be no refunds if we over pay.

In general I am coming to the conclusion that tis and other so called crowd funding projects try to bamboozle people into parting with as much cash as possible by dribbling out petrks. LH isnt the only complany doing this., I suppose this is the sort of useful trick taught in MBA programs. They certainly dont teach clear communication skills.

Log into the Indiegogo page and look up your contributions. What version of Geek Wave does it say you contributed for? Which perks did you contribute for?

There is no bamboozling going on. Remember, as a consumer (when buying anything), a big part of the responsibility is on you to do some research & know what you are buying.

Not taking the time to learn the difference between a DAC and a Femto Clock is your failure.

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #1,090 of 5,933
This project looks like an exercise in squeezing as much as possible out of backers. i am glad I did not spend too much on it and I believe that I will eventually get something but to me this process has taken the idea of crowd funding and twisted it into a perpetual cash generating machine.

Word.

I had tried avoiding any more updates or perks or whatever and just hope someday I get a parcel out of nowhere with my 32 in it.... just sick of other folks mocking my participation in a "forever funding forNever delivering" campaign.

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #1,092 of 5,933
The 32 with usb dac and dual dac options hits a cheap sweet spot.
Are you going to upgrade to the Wave 64? I just re-read the campaign's description for the 32-64 upgrade and its wording suggests that the Wave 32 might not be possible to make at this point in time....

So much for that. :/

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #1,093 of 5,933
Are you going to upgrade to the Wave 64? I just re-read the campaign's description for the 32-64 upgrade and its wording suggests that the Wave 32 might not be possible to make at this point in time....

Seems to depend on what happens in the memory market...

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,094 of 5,933

I'd prefer to stay at the 32 since 256gb cards are available for reasonable prices now and I don't believe the dac model $22 option will make an audible difference (especially after all the others perks I had added but is almost a no brainer to add on if I go to the 64) but I also don't want to wait 12+ months do to a memory production issue. :frowning2:

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #1,095 of 5,933
I'd prefer to stay at the 32 since 256gb cards are available for reasonable prices now and I don't believe the dac model $22 option will make an audible difference (especially after all the others perks I had added but is almost a no brainer to add on if I go to the 64) but I also don't want to wait 12+ months do to a memory production issue.
frown.gif

I'm also a Wave 32 backer and really don't appreciate LHLabs attitude so far concerning the Wave 32 backers. Of course we donated the least money and now we are their least favourable customers. I have the bad feeling, that they miscalculated the whole Wave 32 thing and now regret that they were selling the Wave 32 so cheap. They just offered the Wave 32 to get as many customers on board as possible to achieve their goals.
Now that they achieved their goals, the cheap Wave 32 is a pain in their a** and they try to scare those customers with fishy arguments in order to force them to upgrade. I mean, the upgrade from 32 to 64 is nearly the price of the whole Wave 32, thats ridiculous and makes no sense for me to do that. 
The only reason to upgrade is because I'm afraid to never get my player because of their memory issues. That explanation also sounds so fishy to me and I don't believe it. They just don't want to sell the Wave for that price we paid. It is so obvious, why don't they offer a Sabre ESS chip update for the Wave 32? There can't be a technical reason behind that. They again just try to put pressure on us to upgrade.  
If however it is true what they say about the memory issue then IMO the company should take responsibility for any delays and not the customer. If the memory chip is not available then they should grant a free chip upgrade and not take it as a reason to put pressure on customers to pay for an upgrade. That's just not the way serious companies would handle such a matter.
If we backers get scared because of that and donate even more money for an already delayed product then they can just rub their hands and laugh at our stupidity- first of all they get more money and second, the group of Wave 32 backers will get smaller and smaller thus more and more unimportant. At the end they will just tell us that the Wave 32 will never be done and we can have our little money back as they can at that time sell the player for their MSRPs of +499$.
I am so sure they'll do just that 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back