Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jun 17, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #226 of 5,933

Too funny, but yeah.  I have pledged for all but that last one....so far
tongue.gif

Ok. I just added the THD package as well
smily_headphones1.gif
.  I figured I might as well max it out. lol  I really do think this is DAP is going to rock!

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #227 of 5,933
  FYI, Larry Ho(owner and Lead Engineer)  just asked on the comments page if Funders would like WiFi and Airplay. Go to the comments tab here

For those not aware he Designed and sells this, the Light Harmonic Da Vinci Dual DAC, price is $30k and recieves high praise.

HaHa Dave, we be jammin now!  I think you are right, I am very happy with the way this has developed.  I just hope the execution is flawless.

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #228 of 5,933
FYI, the Geek Wave XD128 has some serious free perks: Only 3 days left!!!

lots of free perks if you can get in on the XD128 including free memory upgrade to 256k. They do have a  payment plan.  I hate to see someone on the fence miss out.  I think this is an awesome deal.

Hope you can join in.

1 day ago

STRETCH GOAL ACHIEVED!
Wow!  Are you kidding me?  We've already surpassed our second stretch goal of $333,333!  That didn't take long. :)
As promised, we've unlocked a very special $38 perk: Standalone DAC capabilities for Geek Wave 32, 64, and 128.  If you've selected one of these models, you might want to add this very special feature.
Remember, Geek Wave X 128 and XD 128 already have this feature.  If you've chosen one of these models, there's no need to contribute to the new perk.

20120727183604-idgg.jpg
Gavin Fish

1 day ago

GEEK WAVE XD128 FREE UPGRADES
For those of you that have purchased the Geek Wave XD128 and  have chosen to add the IEM package, we've decided to add a Gain Switch at no extra charge. Switching between pristine IEM output or powerful big-can output allows you to pair your Geek Wave with every set of headphones in your collection.
Once again, this upgrade is FREE for those who have chosen to pair their XD128 with the IEM package.
But wait, there's more!
We're also including the SUPER-QUIET shunt regulator for the Femto Clock in every XD128. With residual noise reduced to less than 3uV, this makes the Geek Wave XD128 the first portable player in the industry to feature this power supply circuit. 
Once again, this upgrade is FREE for XD128 backers!
In order to implement the new circuit into Geek Wave XD128 we needed to free up valuable PCB space.  The most logical option was to re-work the original Femto clock package and turn it into a smaller more efficient one. This will be the same Femto clock that's used in the other Geek Wave 32/64/128.
Also, by joining the Femto clocks into the same package, we were able to reduce the necessary Femto Clock minimum order quantity from 150 to only 90!
PERFECTING PERFECTION? YES WE ARE!
Introducing the Dedicated Audio Device (DAD) upgrade perk
The Geek Force has spoken!  Many of you have asked for the  “ultimate” version of Geek Wave and we're happy to accommodate, and just in time for Father's Day.
This perk applies to backers of the Geek Wave XD128 ONLY!
With this perk you'll have your XD128's CPU upgraded and fine tuned to Larry's ultra specific specifications, literally doubling the core numbers and putting Geek Wave on par with devices  you'd normally see in the $5,000+ range.
- Minimum Phase Digital Filter: Removes all the pre-ring that's caused by the digital filter to make every note in your music much more natural and smooth.
- Smart 1.5M Up-sampling: When playing back 44.1K/48K CD Quality music, this will automatically trigger a two stage up-sampling algorithm allowing Geek Wave to up-sample all the way up to a 1.56M Hz sampling rate. 
The DAD perk will also double the hardware buffer size between the music storage/flash memory and CPU.
Oh, BTW.  We will also upgrade you from 128GB's to 256GB's of internal flash storage.  Basically your Geek Wave is now the XD256!
Once again, this perk will apply to Geek Wave XD128 only, due to the board space and cost limitations.

20140409115656-1175664_10200945124165155_1532884073_n.jpg
Casey Hartwell

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #233 of 5,933
  That is Awesome!  Also awesome is the Geek Wave is about to get WiFi per Larry Ho;

"Hint: We are working very hard for the WiFi part. :wink:
Stay tuned.
Larry"

R.I.P. AK240?

Sounds like the best all in one DAP, but considering all their extra components they keep adding in... did they mention the expected dimension of the product? I doubt they could keep the size similar to AK240... Heck it sounds like it could even almost reach Hugo's size.

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #234 of 5,933
Yep I've already been in the Geek force quite some time ago.
Though the mockups doesn't really tell much, and since the XD version has double all the components AND a user changeable battery plus all the new perks they keep adding in, I'm expecting it to be bigger than HM901 size.. Which is quite a brick for a portable..

All very real concerns, I am hopeful.  We shall see.

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #235 of 5,933
Larry said in the GF forum, they might have also a industry first, regarding density of components.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #238 of 5,933
Honestly, I'm ok with anything as long as it isn't more than 2 inches thick. I carried an ak120/intruder brick portably and was totally fine with it. I just really hope it doesn't end up looking frumpy. I'm fine with something DX90ish, but God help me if it turns out anything like the initial mockup.

Kojaku

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #239 of 5,933
  Honestly, I'm ok with anything as long as it isn't more than 2 inches thick. I carried an ak120/intruder brick portably and was totally fine with it. I just really hope it doesn't end up looking frumpy. I'm fine with something DX90ish, but God help me if it turns out anything like the initial mockup.

Kojaku

That's what she said...

I know, I know, couldn't resist.

sorry

Jun 18, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #240 of 5,933
I wonder how the stock Wave's form factor and UI are going to be. Cowon is cranking it out there with their build quality and it's got a nice-looking UI. The Plenue 1 also has a rated SNR of 120 dB, which is 4 dB more than the Geek Out, a THD+N of 0.0006%, which is 0.0019% less than the Geek Out, and a crosstalk of -134 dB which is a whopping ~40 dB less than the Geek Out.
http://product.cowon.com/product/PLENUE1/product_page_1.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back