LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Sep 27, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #123 of 1,178
The import duty has been discussed at length and they conformed it would reflect the initial contribution not the final or rrp value. For those of us with the he560's and Tube infinites each shipment should attract no tax unless our govt lowers the threshold like they are discussing. Even then it won't be bad.

Tube infinite will definitely above the threshold even at the lowest contribution value it would be more than $1000 usd

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #124 of 1,178
Unless like me you went from pulse + he560 all the way to the top.. Well baring signature editions.

So mine was $900 ish but for headphones and pulse then I kept upgrading. When in doubt log a ticket :)

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #125 of 1,178
Unless like me you went from pulse + he560 all the way to the top.. Well baring signature editions.

So mine was $900 ish but for headphones and pulse then I kept upgrading. When in doubt log a ticket
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup that is what I got too. Pulse+he560 upgrade to Xfi then upgrade to VI then to tube infinite. I've put a ticket a while back and what they say is the invoice would be base vi price not the pulse+560 price

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #127 of 1,178
the invoice isn't model specific.. here's the text from it

LH Labs Corporation sent you an invoice for $62.00 USD.

Note from LH Labs Corporation Hello Geek Force! That time is quickly coming upon us; yes, I am talking about your VI DAC! We are in the final stretch and would hate to have a hold on your unit because a shipping fee has not been paid. We would like to thank you for all your support throughout our campaign and hope you enjoy your VI DAC as much as we liked building it. If you feel this invoice is in error please contact customer support at:https://support.lhlabs.com register an account and open a support ticket. All the Best! Your Customer Happiness Team - Stephanie, Manny, & Gina

I did something I said I'd never do.. ordered some $$$ rca cables to connect my vi dac to my speaker amp.  Never been a cable sound believer but since the vi dac will be my biggest audio purchase ever other than my main speakers I didn't want to leave it to chance and use my monoprice rcas.  Friend from another audio forum recommended this to me http://www.moon-audio.com/silversonic-custom-interconnects.html as the entry level where you get a cable type you can't get from cheap cables.. I guess it's litz geometry individually teflon insulated strands stranded conductor plus I like that moon audio deoxits the connectors before sending it to you.. that's attention to detail

Sep 28, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #130 of 1,178
Unfortunately for Vi Dac SS to Sydney, Australia is US$225.00 

Damn that is much more than I thought. Maybe time to check some freight forwarder

Sep 28, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #131 of 1,178
I'm thinking the package should be around 15kg since it's a similar size to master 7. I checked with myus the cheapest shipping option is around $243 so lh labs price is quite reasonable. Unless the vidac is much lighter than 15KG. which I doubt

Oct 2, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #132 of 1,178
If anyone is attending RMAF this year, please check out the Vi Dac at the Hifiman showcase  

"While LH Labs won't be an official exhibitor at RMAF this year, we will have a Pulse Infinity in the 2.0 chassis at the MrSpeakers exhibit and a Vi DAC at the HiFiMAN showcase."

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #133 of 1,178
Vi Dac and Hifiman, would love to hear that...

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #134 of 1,178
Seems there was a related thread that has become orphaned, so, just for the sake of completeness:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/753725/lh-labs-announces-vi-dac-a-stereo-dac-capable-of-32-384-khz-pcm-and-dsd256#post_11408742

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #135 of 1,178
Who wants pictures?!?

From RMAF this weekend - the Vi at the HiFiMan booth. The unit looked really nice and sounded great. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back