LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Aug 21, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #1,876 of 2,040
so it seems one of the pads on the 3.5mm TRRS jack on my Geekout V2+ has a bad solder joint, if I wiggle the connector it cuts out, if I take a tiny plastic pick and push down on the L- pin on the connector to the pcb, my left channel comes back.
im proficent in micro-soldering, but how do i get the geekout apart without distruction of my chasis? @Larry Ho

if anyone else has taken their geekout apart, please let me know.

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #1,877 of 2,040
We really need a FAQ for this it has been asked so many times lol... You can charge and listen at the same time but the device only operates from the battery and not the external voltage, and it discharges faster than it charges, so it will eventually die off.

but that should run out of juice a lot later than without charging........anyone done the comparison?

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #1,879 of 2,040
Anyone aware if there is a wait time for the go2pro infinity? I know its a new product along with a group buy going on but it seems to be available via the product page.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #1,880 of 2,040
Anyone know if there is a wait time for the go2pro infinity? I know its a new product along with a group buy going on but it seems to be available via the product page.

Not sure, cptnhindsight, if you have read some of the posts in this or the v2 thread.
Guess most of us can´t recommend to buy something from LHL anymore.
Besides the fact that it´s not clear when you´ll receive the device after you paid for it, you should be aware that - in case you´ll have issues with the DAC - their customer support won´t be of any help. They suck big times.

So if I were you - and would really like to get it - then I would look for an used one. But then you have to keep that you won´t have any warranty (since LHL doesn´t offer transferable warranty).
Just my thoughts (but I´m pretty sure I´m not alone with it).

Sep 6, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #1,881 of 2,040
Not sure, cptnhindsight, if you have read some of the posts in this or the v2 thread.
Guess most of us can´t recommend to buy something from LHL anymore.
Besides the fact that it´s not clear when you´ll receive the device after you paid for it, you should be aware that - in case you´ll have issues with the DAC - their customer support won´t be of any help. They suck big times.

So if I were you - and would really like to get it - then I would look for an used one. But then you have to keep that you won´t have any warranty (since LHL doesn´t offer transferable warranty).
Just my thoughts (but I´m pretty sure I´m not alone with it).

Thanks for the heads up, gonna see if I can dig up any further information on the go2pro.

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #1,882 of 2,040
Thanks for the heads up, gonna see if I can dig up any further information on the go2pro.

ALO Audio website has (or had?) them for sale there is no infinity for go2pro AFAIK though , it is the $400 standard version and the $1000 UltraNanoFemtoSuperClockorWhatever edition.

But yeah, best to buy LH products with the expectation that should it fail, you are probably SOL- they seem to eventually get around to doing the right thing for the most part, but very slowly, and only if you can even manage to get ahold of them.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #1,883 of 2,040
ALO's website has (or had?) them for sale, there is no infinity for go2pro AFAIK though, it is the $400 standard version and the UltraNanoFemtoSuperClockorWhatever edition which is like $1000. But yeah, best to buy LH products with the expectation that should it fail, you are probably SOL- they seem to get around to doing the right thing for the most part, but only if you can even manage to get ahold of them (which can take weeks for a reply) and arrange a repair, which will probably be gone for a few months.

This is the one I am talking about. http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/go2pro-infinity/ . Either way I appreciate both of you letting me know about the customer service

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #1,884 of 2,040
ALO Audio website has (or had?) them for sale, there is no infinity for go2pro AFAIK though, it is the $400 standard version and the $1000 UltraNanoFemtoSuperClockorWhatever edition.

But yeah, best to buy LH products with the expectation that should it fail, you are probably SOL- they seem to eventually get around to doing the right thing for the most part, but only if you can even manage to get ahold of them (which can take weeks for a reply) and arrange a repair, which will probably be gone for a few months.

The GoPro2 Infinity is available as a group buy but the price is $499 (not $480) and, as others have indicated, service after the sale is what it is.

http://lhlabs.com/go2pro/

Announcing our group buy event for GO2Pro!
LH Labs has launched its official Group Buy event for the GO2Pro. For a very limited time we are offering this brand new product at a discount of 20% if we receive a group buy of 100 units. To Qualify for this group buy you must enter your email address, This confirms you are accepting the group buy terms and will pay the amount if the 100 units is reached in the time allotted. Every other week new information will be released on the product and posted to this page. A chart of committed buyers is updated regularly on the site to show it current progress.

Price for GO2Pro Infinity now for $480! that’s 20% off!

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #1,885 of 2,040
Sep 6, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #1,886 of 2,040
The GoPro2 Infinity is available as a group buy but the price is $499 (not $480) and, as others have indicated, service after the sale is what it is.

http://lhlabs.com/go2pro/

Announcing our group buy event for GO2Pro!
LH Labs has launched its official Group Buy event for the GO2Pro. For a very limited time we are offering this brand new product at a discount of 20% if we receive a group buy of 100 units. To Qualify for this group buy you must enter your email address, This confirms you are accepting the group buy terms and will pay the amount if the 100 units is reached in the time allotted. Every other week new information will be released on the product and posted to this page. A chart of committed buyers is updated regularly on the site to show it current progress.

Price for GO2Pro Infinity now for $480! that’s 20% off!

Don't think that this is still "up-to-date".
If I recall correctly this group buy was announced shortly after the Go2pro was made available. I remember that the chart "of committed buyers" never changed :)

Sep 6, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #1,889 of 2,040
Don't think that this is still "up-to-date".
If I recall correctly this group buy was announced shortly after the Go2pro was made available. I remember that the chart "of committed buyers" never changed :)

If you click the Buy button it then asks you to add it to your cart and if you do it does come up to the payment page so I assume it's still active. It may or may not be a group buy any longer but it still seems active to me.

Sep 6, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #1,890 of 2,040
If you click the Buy button it then asks you to add it to your cart and if you do it does come up to the payment page so I assume it's still active. It may or may not be a group buy any longer but it still seems active to me.

Yeah, I tested all that out but from what I can tell there don't seem to be many people who actually have the thing. Or if they do there hasn't been much discussion about it. Just makes me nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back